Ultimate Spider-Man #99 discussion (spoilers)

I just re-read this issue and called into question Gwen's coming back... I feel bad for saying it but she's dangerous... if you look at her memory sequence in the book she looks over a doctors corpse and takes fire from a police officer. But the first panel of the sequence has her looking at herself which kinda boggles me. (boggles? who the hell uses that word anymore) So either there is something in that room with her or she's crazy. Either way I'm down with Gwen until she dies again. C'mon you know she's gonna.

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
I just re-read this issue and called into question Gwen's coming back... I feel bad for saying it but she's dangerous... if you look at her memory sequence in the book she looks over a doctors corpse and takes fire from a police officer. But the first panel of the sequence has her looking at herself which kinda boggles me. (boggles? who the hell uses that word anymore) So either there is something in that room with her or she's crazy. Either way I'm down with Gwen until she dies again. C'mon you know she's gonna.

In the memory sequence panel with the police opening fire, look at the top. There's a tongue there that looks very much like Carnage's or Venom's.

E said:
Interesting...I didn't know that. Do you have a link to where he said that?
i read it here on this site somewhere i'm not sure where bendis was interveiwed by wizard and they talked about the whole series like a breakdown of it and bendis said writing deadpool wasn't his idea it was someone else's and he didn't have much of a choice in the matter so bendis wrote it as a filler arc like the stories that were in the superstars TPB

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's because Gwen is Carnage. It's completely made obvious.

Well if Gwen is the Carnage or Venom Creature in which the panel's Point of view is in, then why can she see herself then? I highly doubt there were any mirrors around. :sure:

I think there was a mirror around, but Gwen isn't Carnage, Richard Parker is. As we know, Carnage is a cloned mixture of Peter and Richard Parker DNA. My take is that Carnage somehow survived the fight with Spider-Man and went into hiding. Eventually he started killing more people and gained complete stability of his form as Richard Parker (albeit temporarily, he still has to feed to maintain it), with both the memories of father and son. He's obviously incredibly pissed at what he's missed as a father, and spends the next few months trying to get his son back.

So he tracks down Ben Reilly who has the Parker blood sample and they work together trying to clone Peter, to make a son for Richard. Obviously the failed results are what we're seeing in this arc. Richard eventually sees that there's no substitue for the real thing. So he sets about getting him back. My belief is that he has the power to revive what he's killed so he digs up Gwen and "regenerates" her. He watches her recover in the hospital and when she awakes he carries her to safety. What we see in Gwens memories, is her viewing Carnages' rampage from being held in his arms as he attacks police and stuff. He then leaves her at the old house, but she's too disoriented to remember it yet.

Obviously, him telling May (posing as Warren on the date) about still being alive and that Peter is Spidey is to facilitate him reclaiming his son and his old life. May deals with Peters alter ego silently for a while, but Gwens return is the straw that breaks the camels back. She sees both father and son as liars and throws Peter out. He has nowhere to go but to his father.

I dont know why one of the clones was 'weaponised' to be the Scorpion, or why Kaine appears to be acting independently now, but hey, I just don't see why Carnage would turn into Gwen when he's composed of Parker DNA and has assumed the appearance of Richard before.

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
Well if Gwen is the Carnage or Venom Creature in which the panel's Point of view is in, then why can she see herself then? I highly doubt there were any mirrors around. :sure:

Carnage and Venom have very long tongues.

ultimatedjf said:
Carnage and Venom have very long tongues.

I'm not talking about Venom or Carnage seeing its own tongue but literally staring at Gwen herself... look at the first panel of Gwens flashback as she sits in the hospital bed... hopefully you'll know what i'm talking about then.

Thor said:
It seems I got wrong information than. Dang you VVD, you got me this time!

Bendis has said a lot of things that he later changed. He also said before that he did not have any plans of Ultimizing Vulture, and had plans for Mysterio and Chameleon.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Bendis has said a lot of things that he later changed. He also said before that he did not have any plans of Ultimizing Vulture, and had plans for Mysterio and Chameleon.
He also said he would never do Carnage, We're going to be up to Carnage III now

Latest posts

Back