Ultimate Spider-Man #99 discussion (spoilers)

Ultimate Houde said:
If you use your tongue, we got a deal

I hate this message

I think it's funny that it says posted by forum. Almost like it's the danger room. I smell fanfic. One day while E was reworking the board to beef up it's badassness with *UC members'* brain, it says, Hello. And E ignored it. Then one day while everyone was on the message board, it starts logging us off randomly one by one and then loggin us back on and typing in things we wouldn't normally say. That's when the UC members band together and....

Ultimate Houde said:
Dude, be careful with the censoring of the swears, E has a filter in place to catch them and he doesn't like it when people try to bypass the filter.

Oh sorry about that... I'll be sure to watch what i say from now on... I can get through a Reply without swearing no lie there.

Cannon Fodder said:
We've seen that the Venom suit (in addition to curing cancer) gives spiderdude-like powers so could Peter's powers be more related to the suit than the spider?
There's no indication the suit had anything to do with spider powers, it gained the spider powers when it attached itself to Spider-Man.

I have a question:

Why does everybody thing that Spider-Woman's costume is like a symbiote? I always just thought it was a normal costume.

Thor said:
I have a question:

Why does everybody thing that Spider-Woman's costume is like a symbiote? I always just thought it was a normal costume.

I was kinda thinking the same thing... i just think she's a clone with some of parkers memories of the suit so she just made hers the way the symbiote's looked.

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
I was kinda thinking the same thing... i just think she's a clone with some of parkers memories of the suit so she just made hers the way the symbiote's looked.

That's possible, but I think the best reason was this is a homage to the second 616 Spider-Woman who wears a black and white costume, and if I'm not mistaken inspired Spidey to adapt the costume design in black. This is good, as original version will be ultimized by Ultimates 3.

vintsukka said:
There's no indication the suit had anything to do with spider powers, it gained the spider powers when it attached itself to Spider-Man.

Yeah, but Ray Parker is back, and the Petey clones have readily available spider-powers even thought Peter has no memories of being cloned. (I did try to throw up a disclaimer that there were wild speculations, but still . . .) If Petey's dad had more sinister intentions with his scientific research, could that not make for mutagenic awesomeness?

Or am I supposed to stick to realism in comics, whatever the hell that means?

I'm thinkin that Richard faked his death (much like how how Mrs. Storm did in Ultimate FF) To continue his research without Trask Industries trying to steal his research or possibly killing him. And maybe theres talk of Spidergirl's (or woman) costume...Although I think the costume is just hommage to the second Spider Woman maybe it could be a newer version of the suit that Richard made during his time away and used on say perhaps Richard's daughter?(if thats her ofcourse.) And if Spidergirl is daughter to Richard maybe thats how he knew to come and see Peter after Peter and Spiderwomans battle? Or shes just a clone. ::shrug:: Can't wait to see what happens next!

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:

And what about spiderwoman's fingers? Why they look that way?

i think of all the clones spider-woman will probably be recurring especially since Black Cat found out Peters a kid were gonna need someone to fill that void. i can see the scorpian dying and then the same procedure used on a nonclone to create a new one (cough-gargon-cough). as far as a powered mary jane goes i dont think she will be lifting cars and stuff but like spider-sense or something - or considereing her red hair she will be the new scarlet spider.

catburgler_2100 said:
i think of all the clones spider-woman will probably be recurring especially since Black Cat found out Peters a kid were gonna need someone to fill that void. i can see the scorpian dying and then the same procedure used on a nonclone to create a new one (cough-gargon-cough).

Doubt it.

I expect all these "spider-powered" people to be wrapped up by the end of the Clone Saga. Maybe they'll appear in the distant future....but I doubt anyone will be hanging around.

catburgler_2100 said:
as far as a powered mary jane goes i dont think she will be lifting cars and stuff but like spider-sense or something - or considereing her red hair she will be the new scarlet spider.

I seriously doubt that as well since Bendis said that there will be NO Scarlet Spider.

Victor Von Doom said:
I seriously doubt that as well since Bendis said that there will be NO Scarlet Spider.
He also said that he wasn't gonna do the Clone Saga right?

Catburglar, I was hoping the same thing about Gargan.

Thor said:
He also said that he wasn't gonna do the Clone Saga right?

Wrong. He said that he wasn't planning on doing the Clone Saga earlier. He mentioned that he wanted to redo the Clone Saga around issue 50 or so.

Victor Von Doom said:
Wrong. He said that he wasn't planning on doing the Clone Saga earlier. He mentioned that he wanted to redo the Clone Saga around issue 50 or so.
It seems I got wrong information than. Dang you VVD, you got me this time!

yeah but bendis stated at the beggining of the run that he was not going to write a venom story so much for that

plus bendis said he was psuedo-made to do the deadpool arc how much do you wanna bet that john barber tells him to write the scarlet spider in there somehow

I was in awe with how interested I am in this. Shock after shock.

I love everything this arc is doing. I know I'm kinda of unsure about Mary Jane getting powers but it makes perfect sense. That Peter is crazy and very out of his mind. He wants to protect her and that seems like a good solution.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I was in awe with how interested I am in this. Shock after shock.

I love everything this arc is doing. I know I'm kinda of unsure about Mary Jane getting powers but it makes perfect sense. That Peter is crazy and very out of his mind. He wants to project her and that seems like a good solution.

Is that some kind of crazy sex move I started?

gemini-mk said:
plus bendis said he was psuedo-made to do the deadpool arc how much do you wanna bet that john barber tells him to write the scarlet spider in there somehow

Interesting...I didn't know that. Do you have a link to where he said that?

Latest posts

Back