Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series

I'm so glad that the Nova in this series is more akin to the actual Nova rather than Ultimate Nova

Ultimate Nova kinda blows

Last edited:
I'm digging the idea of Fury, Iron Fist and Nova appearing.

I'm so glad that the Nova in this series is more akin to the actual Nova rather than Ultimate Nova

Ultimate Nova kinda blows

To be perfectly fair, he's appeared in two issues.

Ultimate Spider-Man has found it's Director, Alex Soto. Soto hasn't had the longest Directive career but, he has done many episodes of Teen Titans and one episode of Ben 10.

What episodes did he Direct...

"Teen Titans":

Sisters
The Sum of His Parts
Deep Six
Car Trouble
How Long Is Forever?
Only Human
Transformation
Betrayal
Aftershock: Part 2
Betrothed
Spellbound
The Beast Within
Titans East: Part 1
Cyborg the Barbarian
Employee of the Month
Stranded
The End: Part 1

"Ben Ten":

Washington BC

Source: http://www.mania.com/soto-to-direct-ultimate-spiderman_article_123374.html

I'm re-reading USM right now, and while I know this isn't going to be just an animated version of the comic...dammit do I want to see Norman's freaky-ass OZ hallucination scene animated.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around this. Just because Sony lost the rights shouldn't mean that no other company could pick up where they left off with a similar design and the same cast and crew?

I just hope Disney don't do what WB did in the early nineties with the Superboy show; pulling it from the air and not allowing it to be rerun or released in any capacity until 2006.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around this. Just because Sony lost the rights shouldn't mean that no other company could pick up where they left off with a similar design and the same cast and crew?

I just hope Disney don't do what WB did in the early nineties with the Superboy show; pulling it from the air and not allowing it to be rerun or released in any capacity until 2006.

Disney has the TV rights to Spidey back, but Sony has the rights to the Spectacular Spider-Man show in particular, since they created it, so Disney would have to pay them to keep the show going. Since Disney doesn't like helping a competitor, Disney wants to make their won show instead.

And the Ben 10 creators too - it'll be nice to get my Joes Casey and Kelly Spider-Man fix.

And the Ben 10 creators too - it'll be nice to get my Joes Casey and Kelly Spider-Man fix.

Yeah, Man of Action.

They also created Genorator Rex. I'm really looking forward to this now.

Last edited:
Now I'm really looking foward to this.

Television:

He also wrote a few episodes for Batman Brave and the Bold, Batman Arkham Asylum(Video Game), Justice League, Batman Beyond, Clerks, Superman, Pinky And The Brain, Batman the Animated Series, Animaniacs, Tiny Toones Adventures, The Incredible Hulk, Transformers (80's), G.I. Joe and one episode of Lost.

Movies:
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation.

Paul Dini wrote the "Heart of Ice" episode of B:TAS which retold Mr. Freeze's origin and won the show an Emmy for Most Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program.

Dini: New Spider-Man Cartoon Will Surprise As Much As '90s Batman

According to Dini, that excitement will pay off with the show itself.

Paul Dini said:
Having a great time on [Ultimate Spider-Man], and I'm working with some old friends from the Batman days on that. Coming up with a look for the Spider-Man show, I think it's really going to take people by surprise. It's going to take people by surprise as much as the Batman show in the early '90s took comic fans by surprise. And yet at the same time it feels very right and it looks very right.

Arrgh. I want this to be good and to like it, and Dini certainly sweetens the deal, I just have such a hard time imagining how it could be better than The Spectacular Spider-Man. In my opinion, it wasn't just Spidey's BTAS moment(which is a title I'd still give the 90s Spidey cartoon in most ways), it was the best animated superhero series ever. Justice League is the most epic towards the end, but consistently, it was SSM, hands down. There's stuff that would've been fine for a USM show to do before that will now seem completely underwhelming by comparison.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back