Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 (Discussion/Spoilers)

Dude. Welcome. From what I've read of your input... It's great!

I totally agree with you about the wasted storylines... But the ending did open up a lot of different doors, wouldn't you agree? Daredevil starting the Ultimate Knights with Moon Knight. Nice, huh? :)

Also, I think Bendis could do anything with the Kingpin and I would like the story. He writes him so well.

yessss , of course there is a great potential with the kingpin

1-he hates spidey
2-he has a great potential of understanding who spidey is and no one can know what will happen when he does that
3-he has a wife that needs to wake up , reminding me of that weirdo stone tablet from the tv series
4-he has a realtionship with felicia , i don't know if she will return after puking on spidey , still she is important
5- dewolfe is downnn , a contact in nypd for the kingpin means a lot , he will be pretty pissed off i guess

-> all these things can mean only one thing , a great war between ultimate knights and kingpin is about happen , and spidey will be left in the middle of everythind :) wait for super hyper bendis creativitiy

note : i think bendis loves kingpin because they are both bald and fat. :)

Issued said:
yessss , of course there is a great potential with the kingpin

1-he hates spidey
2-he has a great potential of understanding who spidey is and no one can know what will happen when he does that
3-he has a wife that needs to wake up , reminding me of that weirdo stone tablet from the tv series
4-he has a realtionship with felicia , i don't know if she will return after puking on spidey , still she is important
5- dewolfe is downnn , a contact in nypd for the kingpin means a lot , he will be pretty pissed off i guess

-> all these things can mean only one thing , a great war between ultimate knights and kingpin is about happen , and spidey will be left in the middle of everythind :) wait for super hyper bendis creativitiy

note : i think bendis loves kingpin because they are both bald and fat. :)

Hah. I like your style. Welcome aboard.

Issued said:

Uhhh...they did almost exactly that last year...USM arc, called "Warriors...issues #79-85...the only difference here is that Kingpin would be the focal point of the heroes instead of Hammerhead.

Still, I'm sure it'll be picked up on soon enough...probably in next year's Annual.

DIrishB said:
Uhhh...they did almost exactly that last year...USM arc, called "Warriors...issues #79-85...the only difference here is that Kingpin would be the focal point of the heroes instead of Hammerhead.

Still, I'm sure it'll be picked up on soon enough...probably in next year's Annual.

First, Bendis needs to run the Clone Saga, then probably a story about a werewolf, then one where Spidey tangles with international terrorists. Then a Christmas story. Then he'll star in his own reality show. Then Ultimate Secret Wars. Then he's got to turn Age of Apocalypse into a Spider-Man story for no explicable reason. Then we'll get another appearance by Ultimate Knights. But the Ultimate Knights will only get a few panels in it, because he'll want to introduce Ultimate Big Wheel and Ultimate MODOK. But we'll get there eventually.

Just, it won't be in the Annual. The Annual's going to be about Spidey's new relationship with Ultimate Dagger.

I think the reason why Bendis was across the board for a couple of arcs was because he needed to build up to issue #100... He could've fit the Clone Saga in earlier, however, it would have been more memorable as a benchmark in numerical issue order, too. :)

Bendis shouldhave given us quality over quantity or he should have done the other arcs better!

Yeah I think Bendis has done great with the last few arcs (Deadpool was ok) but he definitely could have done better. Warriors is a great arc though and shouldn't be changed at all.

I totally agree with you.Warriors was a real nice story.To tell the truth i hated the first issues of the story, but that's totally because i hate hammerhead.And when heroes/villains entered the game one by one , it became a real joy , and the story was real good.

aand it did a real nice job to build up the story to the events on the annual.

Thing was - I didn't mind the Deadpool arc. I just thought that it was too long and irrelevant. That's all for me... I guess it didn't bother me as much as it did everyone else because I don't know about Deadpool like the 616 fans do.

E said:
I guess I'm alone in this, but...

1/5

This was a horrible read. It jumped all over the place, was completely uninteresting, the art was bad, and the "payoff" (DeWolfe's death) seemed forced and came WAY too early. We shouldn't need to have haracters telling us second hand what a bad cop she is. We should see it. As far as we know, the worst thing she did was meet with Kingpin. Whoopee.

I know that some people will think the Speedball thing is funny, but to me is was just plain bad form. All Bendis did was make a further joke of 616 Hawkeye's death, an event which was supposed to be meaningful and one which Bendis seems to enjoy thumbing his nose at fans for. And I say this as someone who isn't particularly a fan of Hawkeye, and honestly I didn't have a problem with his death. But this just isn't funny.

Ultimate Punisher is one of the worst Ultimizations I've seen. A former cop?! His family killed by crooked cops because he wouldn't take a bride?! How unimaginative and dull. And my GOD do I hate that costume. Yeah, I realize that these complaints are issues which exist outside of this particular book, but the issue was so dull that all it did was remind me how much I hate Ultimate Punisher.

So, yeah. I hated this.

I think your hating:D

E said:
:lol:

So be it, then. This sucked hardcore. :D

:D sorry I couldn't resist but I do agree with you on the hard to follow story I think I read it a couple of times to get it..........

Only thing I didn't like was Punisher. Someone needs to do a Punisher mini (NOT Bendis) and give him purpose.

DD, Moonknight, Spidey. . .all good. DeWolfe dying? I think it was good she died because it showed Spidey that he was being used. . .again. It was a good lesson for him (And the book IS about Spidey after all). Kingpin cheating on Vanessa? It's already been shown the man has appetites and Vanessa appears to have been in her coma for a very long time. It makes sense. To me, it makes him more human that he cheated then if he had stayed loyal for such a long time.

i loved this issue. it was a good start to introduce spiderman to a darker world.

-Anyone else smell an ultimate knights arc or miniseries coming on??

Prof. Toad said:
i loved this issue. it was a good start to introduce spiderman to a darker world.

Yeah there is only going to be a arc apparently, but it will be in USM.

Prof. Toad said:

Yeah, I hear Bendis is planning around two ongoings, possiby a couple of minis. I hope they appear in some other titles, because they rock1!

Prof. Toad said:
Anyone else smell an ultimate knights arc or miniseries coming on??

I seriously hope not. Especially it's gonna be featured in USM. Why? Because we already had something like it called "Warriors". And boy did that arc draaaaag on.

Latest posts

Back