Ultimate Spiderman #101 discussion (Spoilers)

i loved this book. it is the greatest book in the history of the world and bendis is a true creative genius..........sorry i just had to be the first to say it. i still havent go the book but from what it says it sucks

I haven't read it yet, but......

I LOVED THIS ISSUE!!!! OMFGW00T!!!!! Dis Ish PWNZ all!

*ducks*

ManwithoutFear, I saw what you said on the Bendis Board..that took some serious balls to say. Good for you.
I was so upset by what they did to MJ, that I just wrote Marvel a nice long letter. If people can email in and say how much more they love Kitty than MJ, etc and entire emails about the X-Men even though it is Spider-man's book..I can write a letter defending Mary Jane, and her continuing importance in this book to us fans.
My beef is not with most of the issue, though I get a sorrowful feeling about Gwen, it is with the last 3 pages.
I went to check out his post and MWoF, your sig kicks *** :rockon:

And I too am pissed at the MJ thing. She is a great character and this event will either completely ruin her, or make little sense. I was really pissed because the issue when scorpion appear we got back to the character interactions between them, like when this title first started. I was hoping it will be getting back on track with Peter and his social life, but this just went in a completely opposite and idiotic direction. Bendis you suck and you need to leave

IGN gave USM #101 a Must Read.:shock:

That's just not right. :noway:

Why did this issue have to suck? I was liking this arc so much until this issue.:cry:

He'll probably say later: "Well, She-Wolf seemed like a good idea at the time. I......just don't know what happened."

Last edited:
Well, the issue was pretty good before the ending, although the art did suck....

I just don't understand how they could do this to MJ. What would make you do that too your own "creation", man? The last pages ruined the issue, and when I finished, these were my exact words:
"I wonder how many people are gonna drop the book."

1/5, Because I am a stupid fanboy and because the majority of the issue was good (besides the art).

I am thinking she is the Goblin Queen or something. Hopefully she will get changed or something, because if they can try to take away Peter's powers, then why can't they take away hers?

Last edited:
Bagely's art sucked all thru the issue. I swear there is a close-up of Sue Storm's face and I kid you not....looks exactly like Gwen Stacy.

I noticed that multiple times. I wonder why Bagley's art was so sloppy? He's leaving the book soon, and you would think all his effort would be going into this.:?

I think he gets Fury fine. From USM standpoint you don't look at Fury as anything more than an adult in a teenagers world. Bendis does a good job on making Fury look to readers and to Peter as if he doesn't know what he's doing when he does.

No, Vic is right. Bendis doesn't get Fury at all. Millar writes him as this ambiguously evil megalomaniac that you can actually empathize with. Vaughan did too. But in USM he's just evil and a scheming jerk. NOT what was intended.

Oh, and could someone post a link to MwoF's BenBo post?

OK...

if one of the following does not happen...

A) the wolf thing is some sort of red herring, and we haven't seen the real transformed MJ (yes, I know that sounds very stupid...I'm dangling here)

B) MJ loses her powers by the end of the arc

C) Something bigger then Richard's revival is revealed

...I am giving up this book.

I actualy liked this issue.....Im just saying man an Hary goblin rules i reall like to se her powers.

Eh i guess i enjoyed it cuz i dont take thing seriosly i love it when they go crazy... .

Last edited:
I actualy liked this issue.....Im just saying man an Hary goblin rules i reall like to se her powers.

Eh i guess i enjoyed it cuz i dont take thing seriosly i love it when they go crazy... .
Trying to read this post was like playing Gamma Man's decoder game. Eventually I was able to decifer this inane rambling. And it might be the dumbest thing I've ever read at UC. And like I said I've been to Gamma Man's decoder game, so thats saying a lot.

And by that of course I mean that you have the right to your opinion.

Someone ban this ****.

And fear not about MJ kids.

Remember when people thought it be cool to turn Betty Ross (616) into The Harpy. This will get retconned. In fact Bendis is writing this knowing she's going to get cured. It won't stay like this.

Fury knows how to remove the Oz serum from the blood, hence what he's going to do with Peter... he's gonna cure MJ.

Remember when people thought it be cool to turn Betty Ross (616) into The Harpy. This will get retconned. In fact Bendis is writing this knowing she's going to get cured. It won't stay like this.

Fury knows how to remove the Oz serum from the blood, hence what he's going to do with Peter... he's gonna cure MJ.

What difference does that make?! The damage is done. Retconning doesn't get rid of bad stories, it removes them from continuity. Not memory. You honestly will feel good about this if after it's all said and done, things are back to what they were? So what??!!! It still happened.

Gwen as not!CARNAGE? I got over it about a week ago.

Mary's transformation intrigues me though, but not in a good way. I'm feeling that this mammoth Clone Saga Arc is just building up to Death of a Goblin. 101 issues, a monumental thing... and it's wasted as a build-up to the next arc. What she's become... I don't think it's Ultimate she!Wolf, but perhaps Ultimate Demogoblin?

I'm just throwing out randomness now. I won't drop the book because in the long run, the good has outweighed the bad, (not to mention the subscription I picked up because I thought this Arc would be good,) but Bendis had better have something monumental up his sleeve or the screwed-characterizations he's thrown out will be all for naught.

I feel bad for the poor bastard coming in after Bendis. Imagine what he has to sort through?

-M.J.R.

What difference does that make?! The damage is done. Retconning doesn't get rid of bad stories, it removes them from continuity. Not memory. You honestly will feel good about this if after it's all said and done, things are back to what they were? So what??!!! It still happened.
No. If I felt good about it I would've *****ed to begin with. I think doing it to MJ in the first place is terribly cheap.

And even worse.

I ****in' now hate Gwen Stacey! Oh look we zapped her so now the Symbiote thing is gone and we have Gwen back. So ****in' lame. All those idiot fans who loved Gwen so much and thought her death was "pointless". Well now how pointless is it!? Thanks to everyone's "let every character live" attitude, he went and did some **** like this!!

Argh!!!!

At least when Richard said she came to him, it was a good sign that Carnage survived... half of my Carnage Symbiote theory is complete.

What else. I got a totally different vibe from the Tinkerer this time. I thought he was a scheming mad scientist but he's actually a Reed Richards fanboy?

Aunt May had a heart attack! Like OMG!! But she won't die. So thanks for the hold your breath moment there. We don't have enough of them. :evil:

I ****in' now hate Gwen Stacey! Oh look we zapped her so now the Symbiote thing is gone and we have Gwen back. So ****in' lame. All those idiot fans who loved Gwen so much and thought her death was "pointless". Well now how pointless is it!? Thanks to everyone's "let every character live" attitude, he went and did some **** like this!!

I agree. I was so dumbfounded by the MJ transformation that I didn't even consider what a giant cluster**** this turned out to be. it was a cheap death done for shock value in the first place. This was terrible.

Or maybe I just don't understand it because it's so dumb it's impossible to comprehend. Since when is Carnage anything but a ****ty clone of Peter/Richard who feeds on DNA?! There is nothing to remove from Gwen. IT'S NOT A SYMBOITE. It's an organism that can change forms. It doesn't possess people.

I agree. I was so dumbfounded by the MJ transformation that I didn't even consider what a giant cluster**** this turned out to be. it was a cheap death done for shock value in the first place. This was terrible.

Or maybe I just don't understand it because it's so dumb it's impossible to comprehend. Since when is Carnage anything but a ****ty clone of Peter/Richard who feeds on DNA?! There is nothing to remove from Gwen. IT'S NOT A SYMBOITE. It's an organism that can change forms. It doesn't possess people.

Maybe the organism chose Gwen as its primary form because it contains all of her memories and such because it killed her. When the blast hit Carnage, it knocked that part unconscious and it reverted back to the Gwen form. Those are my thoughts.

Maybe the organism chose Gwen as its primary form because it contains all of her memories and such because it killed her. When the blast hit Carnage, it knocked that part unconscious and it reverted back to the Gwen form. Those are my thoughts.

My thoughts are Bendis should've went in a different direction. I was sure that Gwen/Carnage was cooked when they fired. When she reverted to Gwen. I was like wtf!?

Yeah, **** stories don't wash away just because it gets retconned. Especially if you laid down money for it.
Gwen as not!CARNAGE? I got over it about a week ago.

Mary's transformation intrigues me though, but not in a good way. I'm feeling that this mammoth Clone Saga Arc is just building up to Death of a Goblin. 101 issues, a monumental thing... and it's wasted as a build-up to the next arc. What she's become... I don't think it's Ultimate she!Wolf, but perhaps Ultimate Demogoblin?

I'm just throwing out randomness now. I won't drop the book because in the long run, the good has outweighed the bad, (not to mention the subscription I picked up because I thought this Arc would be good,) but Bendis had better have something monumental up his sleeve or the screwed-characterizations he's thrown out will be all for naught.

I feel bad for the poor bastard coming in after Bendis. Imagine what he has to sort through?

-M.J.R.
I don't care what they call what MJ's turned into. She turned into something, that's the problem.

And I just hope there's enough left of Spiderman for another writer after Bender finishes up. The whole freakin' world seems to know who he is. A lot of his villains have been turned into jokes. And oh yeah Mary Jane Watson is a giant ugly beast. Good work Bendis.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back