Ultimate Spiderman #101 discussion (Spoilers)

I was naively optimistic, but deep down I knew it too. I just had no idea it would be this bad.
Well you think he would of learned from the original clone saga and how it almost destroyed Spider-man and comics in general

Well you think he would of learned from the original clone saga and how it almost destroyed Spider-man and comics in general

You honstly believe Bendis is a smart man? Reread Avengers Disasembled. Go! Do it! Or the Deadpool arc which turned me off of this book. The man's too full of himself now. He's had such wild success he thinks that by default anything he writes is gold.

Hawkeye's stupid way to die...GENIUS people will love it!

The overly padded House of M where nothing happens for 5 issues. Genius the internet will crack in half!

Deadpool's a robot! He's a million times better than 616 Deadpool!

Thoughtless monster Venom. Great! Now the character has personality!

Seriously...we're talking about the Same Brian Michael Bendis right?

I'm going to regret saying this, but. . .I'm going to wait until the arc ends to make a final decision on this arc. I had already guessed that Gwen was the real Gwen when Richard was talking about her being alive (Remember how Peter turned into Carnage in the game? Same concept here.), so I wasn't shocked about that. Ultimate Demogobiln is one of the worst ideas in Ultimate history, and the rest of the issue was mediocre. But. . .I still want to see what happens. I don't why, but I do.

So I read the thread on Bendis Boards.....ugh. 90% fanboys who think Bendis can do no wrong.

I'm glad this is the only comic forum I post on.

It's all just garbage.

on the lighter side of things.....i was driving around last night and saw a sigh for some political canidate in my town. Her name was Sue Storm, and her slogan was, "it's time to REFLECT the light." yeah, talk about coincidence.

now, maybe Bendis hates Peter having girlfriends and wants him to be a lonely miserable man..i mean boy. Have Mjgoblin fight Gwencarnage and then Kitty joins in to kick some but. And we have the Serpent Squad watching.....with Black Cat barfing on Richard.

I just hope Bendis gets ome sense, which is probably never, and have Peter kill scarface clone.

So I read the thread on Bendis Boards.....ugh. 90% fanboys who think Bendis can do no wrong.

I'm glad this is the only comic forum I post on.

It's all just garbage.
Seriously. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to start some real **** on that site. They're only encouraging this awful ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to regret saying this, but. . .I'm going to wait until the arc ends to make a final decision on this arc.

99.9999% of the time this is what I tell people.

But there is absolutely NO way that turning MJ into Demogoblin can be acceptable or good. None. Go ahead - I dare anyone to try and think of a scenario where this becomes a good idea.

99.9999% of the time this is what I tell people.

But there is absolutely NO way that turning MJ into Demogoblin can be acceptable or good. None. Go ahead - I dare anyone to try and think of a scenario where this becomes a good idea.

You can't. He's painetd himself into a corner.

If he has her remain Demogoblin---he's ruined yet another character. And not just any character---a key member. At that point he might as well bring Ben back and say that he's actually Nick Fury and the blad black guy is just a LMD.

If he turns her back into just plain ol' MJ---it's Carnage, Scorpion, Vulture, Omega Red all over again. Another wasted opportunity.

It's a no-win situation.

You can't. He's painetd himself into a corner.

If he has her remain Demogoblin---he's ruined yet another character. And not just any character---a key member. At that point he might as well bring Ben back and say that he's actually Nick Fury and the blad black guy is just a LMD.

If he turns her back into just plain ol' MJ---it's Carnage, Scorpion, Vulture, Omega Red all over again. Another wasted opportunity.

It's a no-win situation.

how about peter kills her, not knowing its Mj and then finds out???? he grieves for a while, but then we find the real Mj. the first was a clone. and this Mj doesn't want to get back with peter, actually agreeing with what he said to break up with her. thus Bendis gets rid of the Kitty/peter relationship( by having peter admit he really loves mj) and save mj from demogoblin. tho there are so many chances of this going down hill, if i were bendis, id work my *** off to make this idea work.

i actullay dont think vulture and scorpion are wasted. they dont have to be one-shot villians. i mean, there are big villians( goblins, ock,) and then small, reoccuring ones( shocker) but if we had vulter and scorpion working for someone, well then there are plenty of stories there.

It's a no-win situation.

I hope you mean that just for the fact that he's sort've unofficially named her "Demogoblin" because there's no potential for anything good coming out of this therefore there's no oppurtunity to be wasted.

Vulture wasn't wasted IMO. He might've appeared once but at least he was fleshed out a bit.

how about peter kills her, not knowing its Mj and then finds out???? he grieves for a while, but then we find the real Mj. the first was a clone. and this Mj doesn't want to get back with peter, actually agreeing with what he said to break up with her. thus Bendis gets rid of the Kitty/peter relationship( by having peter admit he really loves mj) and save mj from demogoblin. tho there are so many chances of this going down hill, if i were bendis, id work my *** off to make this idea work.

i actullay dont think vulture and scorpion are wasted. they dont have to be one-shot villians. i mean, there are big villians( goblins, ock,) and then small, reoccuring ones( shocker) but if we had vulter and scorpion working for someone, well then there are plenty of stories there.

You're entitled to your opinions....and I respect them. But you're wrong. :neutral:

You honstly believe Bendis is a smart man? Reread Avengers Disasembled. Go! Do it! Or the Deadpool arc which turned me off of this book. The man's too full of himself now. He's had such wild success he thinks that by default anything he writes is gold.

Hawkeye's stupid way to die...GENIUS people will love it!

The overly padded House of M where nothing happens for 5 issues. Genius the internet will crack in half!

Deadpool's a robot! He's a million times better than 616 Deadpool!

Thoughtless monster Venom. Great! Now the character has personality!

Seriously...we're talking about the Same Brian Michael Bendis right?
There's a difference in trying a new story and failing than revamping one a repeating the same damn mistakes and make brand spanking new even more idiotic ones. Remember USM was a good book that got most of us back into comics, but even since carnage it just went down hill. Serously how does anyone in Marvel see the script and say "go for it" I'm mean a company can't be run by that many retards, can it?

And I can't see any possible way this could work. This is just as bad as UIM, just ridiculus **** that the UU was MENT to avoid

Yes...yes. Like Ultimate Secret War. Featuring Scorpion, Vulture and a revamped Shocker. And maybe Ultimate lady Ock and a bunch more horrible bendisizations. Yes, USW.

No! NO!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is horrible. God there are so many possible endings to this and they're almost all terrible. This may be the worst imaginable ending. NO!!!
You're entitled to your opinions....and I respect them. But you're wrong. :neutral:
Yeah he is.
There's a difference in trying a new story and failing than revamping one a repeating the same damn mistakes and make brand spanking new even more idiotic ones. Remember USM was a good book that got most of us back into comics, but even since carnage it just went down hill. Serously how does anyone in Marvel see the script and say "go for it" I'm mean a company can't be run by that many retards, can it?
Someone had to have seen this before hand. And that someone must've given it the greenlight and that thought makes me want to throw up.
And I can't see any possible way this could work. This is just as bad as UIM, just ridiculus **** that the UU was MENT to avoid
You are correct sir. This is ****. It'll end up ****. There is no way it won't be ****.

You know what..I've made up my mind to just put the comic down and not make any more negative comments till next month. I bet Bendis is screwing with our heads, and this was planned. I'm recalling that somewhere he said he had to talk his editor off the fence about something...I'm betting it's this.

No! NO!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is horrible. God there are so many possible endings to this and they're almost all terrible. This may be the worst imaginable ending. NO!!!

sorry, i made this up in anger and desperation after seeing the idiots on jinxworld praise what should be and is a bad move.

here's something bendis should do: make some brand new villians and characters. then its completely up to him how they should progress. STOP ultimizing old characters and invent new ones. It would bring a fresh feel to the book, especially if they would affect peter's live greatly. i mean, UF4 is doinf that with Gallowglass, right? that's supposed to be a pretty good arc sofar( u havent read it)

oh, and one small thing...i havent read #101, so these opinoins are based on hear-say. they might change once i get the issue.

Yes...yes. Like Ultimate Secret War. Featuring Scorpion, Vulture and a revamped Shocker. And maybe Ultimate lady Ock and a bunch more horrible bendisizations. Yes, USW.

i was moreof thinking have kingpin hire vulture. scorpion could be a one time revenge on peter for screwing him up, indriectly.

ABSOLUTELY NO ULTIMATE SECRET WAR by Bendis. Let someone else handle it.

i was moreof thinking have kingpin hire vulture. scorpion could be a one time revenge on peter for screwing him up, indriectly.

ABSOLUTELY NO ULTIMATE SECRET WAR by Bendis. Let someone else handle it.

hahahaha, wish for it not to happen.......and it will! hahaha

Latest posts

Back