Ultimate Spiderman #101 discussion (Spoilers)

Okay.

1. The MJ thing sucks so hard that It makes me want to die.

2. This arc doesn't ****ing need the Fury/Spider-Slayers bit... It would have been a hell of a lot better if it were "Peter's Dad never Died," "Carnage thinking that its actually Gwen Stacy," "Aunt May throwing Peter out," and the whole clone bit. Remember back when this series was good and they'd spend an issue fleshing out characters and ideas... Remember when Peter told MJ? Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider-Man deserved an entire issue... Carnage coming back, thinking that its gwen deserved an entire issue...

3. This arc is setting the record for Deus ex Machinas used in a single story... Fantastic Four show up to stop fury and save aunt may, also giving Richard Parker an easy way out. SHIELD has rays that somehow can change symbiotic goo into a girl that the goo was pretending to be. Also using this ray allows peter to keep his power.

Who let Bendis try his hand at Science Fiction?

1.5/5, for the Fantastic Four bits.

I just want to tell everyone Ethan (known as the UC member Thor) just got ****ing owned. I told him the Clone Saga sucked and it was going to go downhill, and judging from all of your comments, I think it just did. Thor disagreed and said it was going to be good or something, and just kept repeating the same old fanboy comments.

So take that!

I hate Ultimate Spider-Man so much. It's put me off comics.

Did you see Rob Goldfield's post.

He might be on to something. Gwen may be the real Gwen. The Symbiote somehow leaving it's DNA (See USM videogame) behind and reviving the dead Gwen.

Not enjoyable but a new way to look at it.

That's not better.

I hope he's joking.

DEMOgoblin was a DEMON, not a genetic manipulation!

But hey, I guess when untelligent goo can get turned into a highschool girl, anything is possible.

Unbelievable.

Wow..I can't believe he would do that to her. And I agree. MJ is not half demon. She was given a formula, that's it. A Demon is a supernatural being, not a physical being. If Bendis has her become possessed..( which doesn't fit into the book ) I will permanently drop it. It;s not just a matter of bad writing offending me, it's a morally offensive.

Did you see Rob Goldfield's post.

He might be on to something. Gwen may be the real Gwen. The Symbiote somehow leaving it's DNA (See USM videogame) behind and reviving the dead Gwen.

Not enjoyable but a new way to look at it.

Then why the hell would the real gwen turn into a goo monster?

The only reason Carnage was a goo monster to begin with was because he didn't have enough genetic data to keep any single form. When he killed more and more people he turned into the Peter copy once... I don't get why carnage turned into Gwen any more than any of the other people he killed, maybe it has something to do with the fact that Carnage had some of peter's memories... and his memories recognized Gwen and it tried to explore those new genetic traits until it started believing it is Gwen... *Sigh* the more i think about this the more stupid it is.

Regardless, Carnage DNA reinvigorating Gwen's corpse wouldnt turn her into a goo monster.

Last edited:
It;s not just a matter of bad writing offending me, it's a morally offensive.

Chart of the worst things in human history

Ultimate Spider-Man #101
|
|
|
|
v
Ultimate Spider-Man: Deadpool
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
The Holocaust / Ultimate Iron Man (tie)
|
v
Vietnam

Silver Sable was also very bad.

Also: Morally offensive? Howso?

We've had magic in the title. We've had vampires in the title. In 616 there are demons (just look at Ghost Rider).

Honestly, if Bendis had the guts to have had Mary Jane powered up by selling her soul to a demon and ACTUALLY turning her into a Demon-Goblin monster, This would have some serious storytelling potential. How would Peter deal with that? The young, inexperienced Doctor Strange would probably get involved, and MJ would have to fight this evil lurking inside her.

I wouldnt WANT that to happen, but I'd read it. It could be handled very well, and it could be a touching, if not disturbing story. How does a teenager deal with being Damned to an Eternity in Hell? Just because a clone of her ex-boyfriend wanted her to be able to protect herself.

But NOPE! If its affected by OZ Serum, its gotta be a goblin... Harry couldnt be Green Goblin II, because thats CONFUSING, so he was Hobgoblin... I guess Demogoblin is the next 616 goblin name on the list. Peter should rename himself Spider-Goblin, because he was affected by the OZ serum... And Doc Ock should be called the Octogoblin, or Doctor Octogoblin.

*smashes head against wall*

Last edited:
But NOPE! If its affected by OZ Serum, its gotta be a goblin... Harry couldnt be Green Goblin II, because thats CONFUSING, so he was Hobgoblin... I guess Demogoblin is the next 616 goblin name on the list. Peter should rename himself Spider-Goblin, because he was affected by the OZ serum... And Doc Ock should be called the Octogoblin, or Doctor Octogoblin.

*smashes head against wall*
And again Doctor Octopus somehow doesn't transform into anything.

Also: Morally offensive? Howso?
Maybe I should have said I find it offensive personally because of my personal beliefs. I avoid Demon/mystical stuff, like Ghost Rider, Dr Strange, The Other arc like the plague for that exact reason. I guess I am going to have to stick to Spider-man loves Mary Jane to avoid the mystical stuff.

And again Doctor Octopus somehow doesn't transform into anything.

YET.

I imagine Doctor Octogoblin as having cthulu-type tentacles popping out from his head and a big beak thing...

He'd still have a Bowl Cut though.

But seriously folks... Harry was only affected by the blast, JUST like Doc Ock. Why isn't harry just a superstrong human?

Let me just say officially that I prefer the 616 osborn family

I'm starting to prefer 616...and 616 turned me off of comics for YEARS until this book came around.

Good thing I dropped this thing during Deadpool, I knew Bendis couldn't pull off Clone Saga, it's best left alone.

This book's going to be hell after this arc. I hope there's no Death of the Goblin arc, I really, really liked Ultimate MJ.

Latest posts

Back