Ultimate Spiderman #101 discussion (Spoilers)

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
You knew it was coming. You waited, prayed, and kept watchful eye-out for the moment. Well it's here (for some it came sooner than others)......

The moment where the Clone Saga goes downhill and becomes another USM issue that can be described as "yeabuhwhat?"

#101 is that moment.

Synopsis
Carnage attacks Fury and his crew of Spider-Slayers. Fury starts calling for info and action and we learn that The Tinkerer is controlling the Spider-Slayers via remote control back at HQ.

We see that Aunt May has fainted.....or something. Peter freaks out and won't leave May's side no matter what Richard tells him. Peter finally listens to Richard and leaps out the window to attack S.H.I.E.L.D. They hit him with what I assume is the same power-nullifier tech that they used on other villains in Ultimate Six. Peter keeps getting up to attack Fury and Fury hits him with another blast and tells him to stay down. Peter don't listen and he gets blasted again.

All of a sudden the Fantastic 4 show up and interfere. They try to resolve things between Peter and Fury peacefully all while Fury is telling everyone to stand down. Peter then tells the F4 that his aunt is still in the house and needs help. Reed distracts Carnage while Sue goes in the house and gets May and Richard out under the safety of her forcefield.

While all of this is going on Peter is begging Fury for some answers. Fury tells him that he's in big trouble and he's gotta take Pete in. He says that Pete is in the middle of the biggest genetic accident since Huilk became Hulk.

The F4 ask Peter if he wants their help in getting outta here as well....and he declines. He stays.

Meanwhile at OsCorp---MJ's experiment is over and she's freed from her cage. She starts asking what is going and Scarface Peter tells her that now he doesn't have to worry about protecting her. He explains what Oz is and that he injected her with some. MJ freaks out and begins to transform.

We then get a huge 2 page to be continued splash with MJ standing 15ft tall with hair all over her. Imagine a hairy Hobgoblin if you will. My thoughts? Bendis has given us

Ultimate She-Wolf!

Bagely's art sucked all thru the issue. I swear there is a close-up of Sue Storm's face and I kid you not....looks exactly like Gwen Stacy. Everything about this issue sucked.

You may begin *****ing................................................................................now.

1/5

Re: Ultimate Spiderman #101 (Spoilers)

I wonder how many people will figure out his identity now that there was a fight on his front lawn.

She-Wolf? Stupid.

I am agreeing...This issue sucked more than Deadpool. And if this is the beginning of the end for Mary Jane..I am done with this book. She is clearly a goblin..more of a "sasquatch-goblin". Death of the Goblin better not be her.

Last edited:

sound like a crappy issue. that sucks because ive been hoping it would get better plus i JUST reorrded my subscription this is the first of 12 for me. they better fix this with mj. damn it

I wonder how many people will figure out his identity now that there was a fight on his front lawn.

She-Wolf? Stupid.

A house he moved out of and SHIELD already evacuted the nieghborhood. So they can basically say a mutant criminal was hiding out in an empty house

also this sounds retarded

Last edited:

Well. . .I can't say I'm suprised. So, Bendis ultimitized Man-Wolf as Mary Jane. Sounds. . .really terrible. While I still want to know what Richard/Carnage/The Clones are all about, this was a really, really, really bad move.

I'm saying for certain whether or not it's officially Man-Wolf or She-Wolf or whatever.......that's just the name that popped to mind when I saw it.

She basically looks like Sasquatch from Alpha Flight.

You knew it was coming. You waited, prayed, and kept watchful eye-out for the moment. Well it's here (for some it came sooner than others)......

The moment where the Clone Saga goes downhill and becomes another USM issue that can be described as "yeabuhwhat?"

#101 is that moment.

Undoubtedly, no question, absolutely true.

I'm in shock about how incredibly stupid that last page is.

I mean, seriously.

It's taking every ounce of will I have to keep from burning all of my comics right now and shutting this site down forever. Or at least removing any mention or discussion of this book.

Boo, Bendis. 0/5 and may God have mercy on your soul.

Undoubtedly, no question, absolutely true.

I'm in shock about how incredibly stupid that last page is.

I mean, seriously.

It's taking every ounce of will I have to keep from burning all of my comics right now and shutting this site down forever. Or at least removing any mention or discussion of this book.

Boo, Bendis. 0/5 and may God have mercy on your soul.

How many times have you said that? :lol:

But it's true. The Clone Saga was shaping up to be a pretty good arc. Not great......but good. Then this happened. I still wanna see how he's gonna salvage this.

Any chance for scan of the transformed MJ? I won't get this issue for another week.

God, I hope the Clone Saga won't sink; I've really been enjoying it.

God, I hope the Clone Saga won't sink

:(

Too late. I don't believe there is anything that can be done to salvage this. I truly mean that.

Certain characters don't get ****ed with. Why not bring Uncle Ben back from the dead and give him super strength and the ability to fly?

See, even if it turns out that this in some way isn't real, the damage is already done. The very suggestion is total ****. In fact, making this like a dream or something like that is worse still - insulting our intelligence.

I dare say most people read Ultimate comics because they despise things like this.

Honestly, what can I say?

I don't know what's worse. The aftertaste of reading this, the fact that Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 was the gateway that got me back into comics, or the fact that I'm gonna reach through the computer when one of these n00b fanboys gets on here and says they liked it.

-10/5

I'd rather see Card writing this right now. With Lil Kis on art.

Honestly, what can I say?

Whatever you want bra. Until the whole thing is over---we're just grading individual issues here. But you amongst myself and others called it a while ago. We all knew that despite some shining issues before---that this was gonna implode at some point.

*internet high five*

I don't know what's worse. The aftertaste of reading this, the fact that Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 was the gateway that got me back into comics, or the fact that I'm gonna reach through the computer when one of these n00b fanboys gets on here and says they liked it.

I'm with ya man. I too had hopes that this was gonna be good. USM is what brought me back too. And I hate that some fanboy is gonna post sooner or later gushing over every panel of this issue.

It's a tough thing to swallow. Or how about this other option---the fact that you KNOW Bendis is better than this? I've read some of his Daredevil run and his Alias.....and it's damn good.

I'd rather see Card writing this right now. With Lil Kis on art.

Lil Kis writing....with the Bachalo doing art.

Certain characters don't get ****ed with. Why not bring Uncle Ben back from the dead and give him super strength and the ability to fly?
Shhhhh... You're giving away the big surprise twist for the Ultimate Winter Soldier storyline that's scheduled to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Ultimate line! :x

In the midst of all of this stink, I can't help but add

"Bendis just doesn't get Fury"

I always have this feeling when Fury shows up in USM that he is the kid brother of the Fury in Ultimates. Fury seems, in USM, to be a powerless joke. Wreck Spider-man, and all related characters all you want, but when your stink infringes on The Ultimates, sir, you are 'Carding up the joint', and that is unacceptable.

Okay n00bs, I'm going out of my way to say this, do NOT say you like this issue, MWoF and VVD WILL kill you!!! So for your own sake don't post

ManwithoutFear, I saw what you said on the Bendis Board..that took some serious balls to say. Good for you.
I was so upset by what they did to MJ, that I just wrote Marvel a nice long letter. If people can email in and say how much more they love Kitty than MJ, etc and entire emails about the X-Men even though it is Spider-man's book..I can write a letter defending Mary Jane, and her continuing importance in this book to us fans.
My beef is not with most of the issue, though I get a sorrowful feeling about Gwen, it is with the last 3 pages.

Latest posts

Back