Ultimate Spiderman #102 discussion (Spoilers)

He's not planning ****!!!! :arrgh:

seriously wtf!? Doctor Octopus is clearly working for the government for this little incident.

Crap, I meant to say I wonder what Bendis is planning and what Doc Ock is doing with SHIELD. Kinda mixed them together I guess.

im kinda wondering where do they go now.

Oc provided the Oz but it doesnt mean he is behind all this - probably taking advantae of the spider-clones.

i hope jessica is a recurring character and isnt just packed off to say england (where the 616 version was born) and not heard from till 2009. id like to see her live with peter and may. also if she tinks she is a boy and presumablh she is attracted to Mj like Peter does that make her ultimate spider-mans colossus? is she the first lesbian in the ultimate U or will theyjust play that down.

Well, she wouldn't be the first lesbian anyway, but I guess the first lesbian super-hero, unless you count that girl from the second UFF annual as a super-hero.

I doubt she will be a lesbian actually. i mean, she is Peter. She also will see where that would lead too. It seems that she cares for Peter, because she knows what he's going through. If anything, I think she'd want to get some of the memories taken away, not all, cus then she'll be completely different. Just tweak them so that they're from a girls viewpoint maybe. That is if Fury lets her live.

I doubt she will be a lesbian actually. i mean, she is Peter. She also will see where that would lead too. It seems that she cares for Peter, because she knows what he's going through. If anything, I think she'd want to get some of the memories taken away, not all, cus then she'll be completely different. Just tweak them so that they're from a girls viewpoint maybe. That is if Fury lets her live.
Same here. I don't think she'd go after MJ that way. However she may tell Peter to smarten up about breaking MJ's heart and gallavanting off with another girl.
She is Peter to a certain extent ( as darkspider said ), so she knows how he truly feels about MJ. I can totally see Jessica being good friends with MJ though, as MJ is Peter's best friend. A guy on another forum raised a point, she may have Peter's memories, but she has female hormones etc, so she may not be attracted to MJ that way. She has already shown some attributes which I would consider female, her caring about the other clones, and just her sensitivity and acts.
I don't think Bendis would waste such a good character. Fury would probably just enlist her in SHIELD. Actually, I wonder if Richard was "mis-informed" and SHIELD IS working with the CIA, I mean how did Ock get out of SHEILD custody?

I mentioned that before--the clones really do seem pretty familiar, considering they only ever saw each other once. Tarantula tells Kaine, "I knew you would try something like this!" or something like that. I don't think that's the kind of thing you'd say to someone you barely know.

I mentioned that before--the clones really do seem pretty familiar, considering they only ever saw each other once. Tarantula tells Kaine, "I knew you would try something like this!" or something like that. I don't think that's the kind of thing you'd say to someone you barely know.
well its been like 3 months or so since carnage so they could have been around for the last month or so (beggining of silver sable?) and escaped and have around 2-3 weeks to get to know each other which wouldn't be hard since there all the same person

well its been like 3 months or so since carnage so they could have been around for the last month or so (beggining of silver sable?) and escaped and have around 2-3 weeks to get to know each other which wouldn't be hard since there all the same person

From what I can tell, they all busted out and immediately ran away. Gwarnage got loose, ripped a hole in the ceiling, and the power went out. The doors to the male clones' cells opened and Jessica was already out, about to get her memory wiped. Tarantula was weirded out, Scorpion was insane and upset over what had been done to him, and Kaine wanted to go to MJ. Some CIA guy tried to get them to stay, but they ignored him. Jessica saw them all running away in different directions. That probably happened last night--can you imagine Scorpion running around for longer than a day without anyone noticing him? Where would they get food or water?

I dunno, maybe the male clones talked to each other while in CIA custody.

Incidentally, it doesn't seem like Scorpion has all Peter's memories. I think having that tail attached to him is driving him insane. Way back when Doc Ock first woke up with his tentacles, he was talking about 'feeling them inside him', which has to be pretty unpleasant.

Also, in the panel where the clones are escaping over the rooftops, Tarantula has seven arms.

Spider-woman mentionned she was a month old right? so she has about a months worth of memories, to keep seperate from Peter. That gives them plenty of time to meet at the CIA . However, owing to Gwen showing up that evening, I'd bet the breakout happened early the previous day or the same night. Giving Kaine the time to set up his lab, unless Ock planted that idea in his head earlier and set it up. Because Scorpion showed up at the mall when it was still afternoon. So they've been out at least a day.

Spider-woman mentionned she was a month old right? so she has about a months worth of memories, to keep seperate from Peter. That gives them plenty of time to meet at the CIA . However, owing to Gwen showing up that evening, I'd bet the breakout happened early the previous day or the same night. Giving Kaine the time to set up his lab, unless Ock planted that idea in his head earlier and set it up. Because Scorpion showed up at the mall when it was still afternoon. So they've been out at least a day.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Clones bust out late at night.
In the morning, Peter talks to Kitty on the phone.
Meanwhile, clones are running around, Kaine is setting up the lab.
Peter talks to MJ at school, they go to mall.
Scorpion encounter and the rest is history.

See, none of this would happen if the CIA would keep their cloning labs in the middle of a desert instead of in the middle of New York City.

I know it won't happen, but I just thought what if Spider-Woman and Peter got together after this....that's weirder and weirder the more you think like that.

I think it's safe to assume MJ will not be cured, but Peter will go with her because he feels he needs to protect her, especially after this.

Never a fan of Peter and Kitty going out.

I know it won't happen, but I just thought what if Spider-Woman and Peter got together after this....that's weirder and weirder the more you think like that.

I think it's safe to assume MJ will not be cured, but Peter will go with her because he feels he needs to protect her, especially after this.

Ofcourse let us not forget of the Upcoming death of the goblin arc(granted im expecting harry to bite it but who knows right?)

Actually, I think Peter may go with MJ because I am hoping he's going to grow as a result of this arc. That growth would be him finally realizing crap happens, and all he can do is his best, and live like there's no tomorrow. MJ was onto that point all throughout the Carnage arc and Hobgoblin. He hasn't grown since Kitty came around. She's the easy way out. He doesn't have to feel guilty with her. He's also pushed everyone else away. He needs to grow past that, and part of that is accepting that anyone who ever loves him will be in danger. But they accept that risk, and he needs to accept their decision.

I'm sorry but I don't see Bendis as ever having Peter grow in character. After all these arcs Peter's just a smart *** that gets into trouble and someone else always gets him out of the trouble, and then he swings into the next hornet's nest of trouble.

If anyone learns anything in this arc, it will be MJ. MJ will say, "Screw this I've been thrown off bridges, attacked countless times, and turned into a hairy goblin, I'm leaving New York and you, Peter Parker!"

Ah, what am I kidding, no one will learn anything from this. And Nick will be a villain in this title, and a "Does the dirty job cause no one else can" bad *** in the other titles.

I'm sorry but I don't see Bendis as ever having Peter grow in character. After all these arcs Peter's just a smart *** that gets into trouble and someone else always gets him out of the trouble, and then he swings into the next hornet's nest of trouble.

If anyone learns anything in this arc, it will be MJ. MJ will say, "Screw this I've been thrown off bridges, attacked countless times, and turned into a hairy goblin, I'm leaving New York and you, Peter Parker!"

Ah, what am I kidding, no one will learn anything from this. And Nick will be a villain in this title, and a "Does the dirty job cause no one else can" bad *** in the other titles.

That's the thing though, we are not agreed on that. Peter HAS grown since issue one. He's a very different person. And if I recall right, Bendis has always made a big deal talking in interviews about Peter growing and learning.
He's a smart-*** still, but a more mature one. But since Dumped he has really not grown. He has run from his life and problems. Kitty has done the same thing. She has lived in a "fantasy world" where she's dating Spider-man. In UXM, someone remarked Kitty was going on one of her adventures with Spider-man. It's never about Peter.
And if MJ had sense, she would look at all that you mentionned, and the fact he discarded her like garbage for an X-women, and move on. MJ seemed to see the real Peter, the "diamond in the rough" that he will become some day, and she has clung to that. Peter is completly missing how much MJ is truly worth.

To the people who have been discussing Peter's maturity/growth... I'm kind of nervous about that, because the next arc is Ultimate Knights. Ultimate DD and Moon Knight hate him, don't they? I have a nasty suspicion that the next arc might be more of Peter getting the crap beaten out of him or just being obnoxious, like Warriors or the second annual. This arc is about change and he should totally grow up and play a different role in the Ultimate Knights arc than he did in the "crime drama" type storylines before. Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion that the person who told me "Get ready to drop the book" is right, and he's not going to change. :(

I read the online preview for the Punisher book. Remember the scene with Stiltman? Sometimes, I feel like Daredevil is Punisher and Spider-Man is Stiltman. Please, Bendis, let Peter grow up.

Latest posts

Back