Ultimate Spiderman #102 discussion (Spoilers)

Yep, you see the CIA decided to erm...name them all.

So when they looked at the clones they just threw names on them that sounded cool.

The one in the exosuit...Macdonald Gargan...yeah...that works.

The scarred one....umm...Kaine! No need for a surname.

The incectoid....Anton Miguel Rodriguez!

The chick....Jessica Drew.

It makes perfect Bendis sense.

And now this Jessica Drew is a lesbian, because she's really a man in a female's body, maybe she'll become a transvestite?

All jokes aside, I have no idea why she would go by Jessica Drew. And wasn't there suppose to be an Ultimate Spider-Girl along with these rejects?

Spider-Girl was just a joking name given to that costume Kitty wore at the beginning of the Deadpool arc. Jessica Drew's name was randomly assigned by the CIA.

I don't think Kaine will ever actually be called Kaine. I think he'll be called Freakface, which was the original name of Spidercide. Peter is going to be all pissed off next issue and he'll say "shut up, freakface" or something and that'll be the only name we ever get, because I firmly believe that Kaine/Freakface and Tarantula will die, Jessica will hang around and Scorpion will disappear into SHIELD custody, never to be seen again. (I like all the clones and hope they will all stay or come back once in a while, but only Jessica has any chance at becoming a recurring character, much less a regular.)

Jesus, if you guys want Luke Cage, Power Man, go read 616. I like him perfectly fine as a Defender.

Spider-Girl was just a joking name given to that costume Kitty wore at the beginning of the Deadpool arc. Jessica Drew's name was randomly assigned by the CIA.

I don't think Kaine will ever actually be called Kaine. I think he'll be called Freakface, which was the original name of Spidercide. Peter is going to be all pissed off next issue and he'll say "shut up, freakface" or something and that'll be the only name we ever get, because I firmly believe that Kaine/Freakface and Tarantula will die, Jessica will hang around and Scorpion will disappear into SHIELD custody, never to be seen again. (I like all the clones and hope they will all stay or come back once in a while, but only Jessica has any chance at becoming a recurring character, much less a regular.)

You know what just because everyone hopes that Spider-Woman lives, I hope she bites it. She has all the powers and she is basically Peter and he's so worried about everyone else, what's his reaction gonna be when he sees himself in harm's way and on the wrong end of the fly swatter.

That being said, I think Spider-Woman is the only thing I like about this arc. I hated how 616 Spider-Woman was a separate entity with a different origin from Spider-Man. And without it being too coincidental like "Oh a chick got bit too", I think this is the best route to take with ultimizing Spider-Woman.

Thinks of something else positive to say about the arc... Doctor Octopus is back... that's cool.

Well I just read this.

Normally for an Ultimate issue discussion thread I'd go back to the beginning and read all the comments.

But since this was the second biggest piece of **** issue in this series, I can honestly say I don't even care.

I'd rather spend my time discussing good comics.

0/5. I award it no points, and may God have mercy on Bendis's soul.

Well I just read this.

Normally for an Ultimate issue discussion thread I'd go back to the beginning and read all the comments.

But since this was the second biggest piece of **** issue in this series, I can honestly say I don't even care.

:rockon:

Jesus, if you guys want Luke Cage, Power Man, go read 616. I like him perfectly fine as a Defender.

I don't really care about Power Man, I just don't like seeing characters reduced to jokes. If you want a team of loser characters, fine, but give them some depth. Everyone on the Defenders EXCEPT Power Man has at least one character trait. He's just there.

I don't really care about Power Man, I just don't like seeing characters reduced to jokes. If you want a team of loser characters, fine, but give them some depth. Everyone on the Defenders EXCEPT Power Man has at least one character trait. He's just there.

Point. I'm still confused why he's on The Defenders. Bendis made him a great character in 616 and Millar just sort've throws hiim in with 3rd tier characters like he thinks that's where he belongs.

This is so off-topic.

Power Man is the stereotypical black guy. Every team needs one of them.

Though I'm pretty sure Millar just threw him in to spite Bendis.

And I'd rather talk about Ultimate Power Man than USM. Damn it sucks.

Look, the point is that this book blows and is not only tarnishing the Ultimate line as a whole, but gives comics a bad name.

This **** should have died in the 90s.

Look, the point is that this book blows and is not only tarnishing the Ultimate line as a whole, but gives comics a bad name.

But didn't you like it from the 90s? :D

Yeah yeah. "I'm gonna burn mah comix and closey teh sight d0wn!" :lol:

Agreed. I'll support the change to Seven Soldiers Central.

Well I just read this.

Im pretty sure Bendis doesnt have a soul.........i think he sold it....how else is he still writing comics.

Im pretty sure Bendis doesnt have a soul.........i think he sold it....how else is he still writing comics.

I think it's a common theory now that Bendis is just seeing how much crap he can write before he's fired. I'm pretty sure he goes up to Queseda, explains his latest story arc, which is absolute **** by the way, and Bendis knows it (how else can you explain why Daredevil was good and USM is the cause of cancer?), and sees what Queseda says.

And then Bendis is shocked when Queseda loves it, because Queseda's main goal is to turn the new millenium into the new 90's.

plus whenever Bendis sees Quseada, he has a bomb strapped to his chest. BMB shouldn't stand for Brian Michael Bendis, but Breaks My Brian :twisted:. I couldn't think up of anything really clever, considering I'm dealing with Bendis, who doesn't even deserve a good insult.

I think Bendis is taking the scorched earth policy to leaving this book. He's going to destroy his own creation rather than hand it over to someone else. What better way to destroy a Spider-Man book than to turn MJ into a goblin, kill Gwen then bring her back as Carnage, have Aunt May have a heart attack, turn his enemies into pathetic throwaway joke characters, and make Spider-Man into a total wuss that needs to be saved by everyone. Bagley had the good sense to walk away, but Bendis will be here pissing us off for years to come.

So, two Peters complaining at each other is easily the most obnoxious thing ever.

Also, does anyone else find the whole idea behind cloning the female Parker to be incredibly creepy? It's basically a forced sex change operation.

Last edited:
So, two Peters complaining at each other is easily the most obnoxious thing ever.

Also, does anyone else find the whole idea behind cloning the female Parker to be incredibly creepy? It's basically a forced sex change operation.
This entire thing is creepy. What is wrong with these people? Were they born without morals? They took a clone of Peter, turned him/her into a girl! Then had the audacity to gloat about what an achievement she is to her. They took a clone of Peter, and gave it uber Spider-ness, resulting in a guy who will safely never get a date! ( He's the creepiest looking )
And then, if the Scorpion trys to get out of his suit, he'll kill himself?paralyze whatever. Not to mention Kaine, a clone who is covered in burns/scars. How can these people look at themselves in the mirror!

Latest posts

Back