Ultimate Spiderman #104 discussion (Spoilers)

Seconded.

Right.

And another thing...

I know this excludes you, E, because you hate UFF right now. Which is your bag so it's cool. But I, for one, think that the entire Ultimate Universe is gold right now. Ultimates, UXM, UFF, Ultimate Vision and if it counts, UW vs. UH.

Ultimate Power is still a waste but I give it the benefit of the doubt because it could be a good story.

So no, the Ultimate Universe is not in a decline right now.

Right.

And another thing...

I know this excludes you, E, because you hate UFF right now. Which is your bag so it's cool. But I, for one, think that the entire Ultimate Universe is gold right now. Ultimates, UXM, UFF, Ultimate Vision and if it counts, UW vs. UH.

Ultimate Power is still a waste but I give it the benefit of the doubt because it could be a good story.

So no, the Ultimate Universe is not in a decline right now.

This is so totally right.

I'd love to see Ultimate Power pull itself up and rock the last six issues.

I already erased my memories of the last issues.I will pretend like they never existed.Nothing happened after the Warriors arc.Silver Sable never entered our lives pretending like she never captured Peter Parker, Morbius story arc was never done, except the part that Peter brokedown in front of MJ, Deadpool never entered Ultimate Universe, but somehow Kitty started to feel that she isn't the girlfriend she was supposed to be, MJ never became a gigantic hairy goblin creature, The 6 armed clone and Cain never existed, but somehow Ultimate Scorpion and Jessica Drew are clones of Peter, Doc Ock and Carnage are captured anyway so I can easily pretend like they never got loose (well we all know Doc Ock will be revived and Carnage will find a way to escape again).
And most importantly Peter is finally admitting that he was wrong about everything and he loves MJ not the untouchable girl from X-Men.

After computing my brain this way, I am still hopeful about USM's future.

Bagley is leaving USM after Ultimate Knights (it's about time, he was so crappy in the clone saga I nearly forgot that it was his artwork that forced me to start reading USM).
Don't know about you guys but Immonen's sketches are awesome!I know they are just sketches and they are too far away from the final art, but they made me feel the way when I first saw USM.They made me feel excited and that's everything that counts.
And we are at a point that Bendis is good at doing.I think you'll all agree with me that, Bendis is good at writing emotional stuff and Kingpin.And that's exactly what waits for us at the very next story arc!
Peter will be struggling with his emotions between MJ and Kitty, and he has a mirror of himself named Jessica Drew.This can create many exciting dialogues.And I know Bendis is good at writing this kind of dialogues.
And I won't even talk about the reaction of Aunt May to all the crap they went through.
Also Ultimate Knights means a story about Kingpin, which is one of Bendis' favorite villains and he did an awesome job with defining Wilson Fisk on Ultimate titles,and I am pretty much hopeful that he will write a hot storyline for us.

Personally I believe the next 10 issues will be the amazing return of Ultimate Spider-Man!

I already erased my memories of the last issues.I will pretend like they never existed.Nothing happened after the Warriors arc.Silver Sable never entered our lives pretending like she never captured Peter Parker, Morbius story arc was never done, except the part that Peter brokedown in front of MJ, Deadpool never entered Ultimate Universe, but somehow Kitty started to feel that she isn't the girlfriend she was supposed to be, MJ never became a gigantic hairy goblin creature, The 6 armed clone and Cain never existed, but somehow Ultimate Scorpion and Jessica Drew are clones of Peter, Doc Ock and Carnage are captured anyway so I can easily pretend like they never got loose (well we all know Doc Ock will be revived and Carnage will find a way to escape again).
And most importantly Peter is finally admitting that he was wrong about everything and he loves MJ not the untouchable girl from X-Men.

After computing my brain this way, I am still hopeful about USM's future.

Bagley is leaving USM after Ultimate Knights (it's about time, he was so crappy in the clone saga I nearly forgot that it was his artwork that forced me to start reading USM).
Don't know about you guys but Immonen's sketches are awesome!I know they are just sketches and they are too far away from the final art, but they made me feel the way when I first saw USM.They made me feel excited and that's everything that counts.
And we are at a point that Bendis is good at doing.I think you'll all agree with me that, Bendis is good at writing emotional stuff and Kingpin.And that's exactly what waits for us at the very next story arc!
Peter will be struggling with his emotions between MJ and Kitty, and he has a mirror of himself named Jessica Drew.This can create many exciting dialogues.And I know Bendis is good at writing this kind of dialogues.
And I won't even talk about the reaction of Aunt May to all the crap they went through.
Also Ultimate Knights means a story about Kingpin, which is one of Bendis' favorite villains and he did an awesome job with defining Wilson Fisk on Ultimate titles,and I am pretty much hopeful that he will write a hot storyline for us.

Personally I believe the next 10 issues will be the amazing return of Ultimate Spider-Man!

I wish that I still shared your optimism.

I don't share the majority's hatred for this arc, 'cause even with all the flaws it was surprisingly enjoyable for me. I can't believe that some of you guys are saying this is the worst arc with the Deadpool arc still being in continuity. I think that crappy arc just amplified UC's hatred for Bendis for this one.

This is probably my biggest beef in the arc. Not Gwen-Carnage (which I am looking forward to), Magnetopus (although they only say that he can control metal, not exactly saying he has magnetic powers) or MJ Goblin (since she gets cured anyway):

What was the point of the fake Richard Parker? Why did the FBI and Doc Ock bother cloning a non-super-powered, rapidly-aging version of Peter Parker? He felt like just a character meant to play with the readers' heads, since I have no idea why the FBI needed a clone of him. I hope issue 100 of UXM and UFF will not be devoted to an entirely FALSE flashback of an expendable character and padding the extra pages with a crappy unneeded summary.

I'm usually a Mr. Tasty guy myself. But people used to call me Pitstains.

TAAAASSSSSTYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Damn that was a good show. But then again....Nick had a lot of good shows. Even one that spawned the awesomeness known as DonkeyLips. :lol:

Anyways.....USM....

I kinda have to agree with E. You don't see the other series have Peter crossover into them except for the occasional Spidey/Kitty reference in UXM. But it seems like every 2-3 issues of USM features the UFF or Fury or the X-men or someone else in the UU. Spidey is everywhere and Marvel makes it seem like the UU revolves around USM----figuratively speaking.

I kinda have to agree with E. You don't see the other series have Peter crossover into them except for the occasional Spidey/Kitty reference in UXM. But it seems like every 2-3 issues of USM features the UFF or Fury or the X-men or someone else in the UU. Spidey is everywhere and Marvel makes it seem like the UU revolves around USM----figuratively speaking.

I suggest these rules:

1) Every other arc may have one issue with one guest star or cameo.

2) Every other year, Bendis may write an arc with guest stars in it. However, the arc must have more going on than "Look X-Men OMG"

3) Johnny Storm may show up more often, but only if his time in the story arc is matched by supporting, recurring characters' time in the arc.

4) For every five new villains/superpowered characters, there must be at least one old villain/superpowered character who returns in an interesting, original arc or issue that develops their personality or powers.

I can't drop this book. I've been reading it since I was 11 years old. I own the first 104 issues. Every single one. I'm attached to it. It's like my own father. My father who became an alcoholic and started to beat me as he got older.

I have all 104 issues, too. Only I started collecting when I was 10.

I'm still upset that I didn't know back then to immediately bag/board #1 and keep it clean/safe after I read it. It's worth upwards of 200 bucks now!

Because Ultimate Spider-Man is not the Ultimate Universe. In fact I'm pretty sick of the mentality that USM is the center of the UU.
I agree with you. People become hated with one book to much and throw away even things they like.

That's because Bendis acts like the next Loeb in where he'll fit whoever he wants to in any story. Doesn't make it true about USM equaling the sun, so to speak.

I agree with you. People become hated with one book to much and throw away even things they like.

That's because Bendis acts like the next Loeb in where he'll fit whoever he wants to in any story. Doesn't make it true about USM equaling the sun, so to speak.

I'm not saying that it IS the center of the UU.....it's just how it feels.

Latest posts

Back