Ultimate Spiderman #104 discussion (Spoilers)

I think part of the problem you're having is that this was sold as the last issue of an eight-issue arc when there's clearly at least one more issue left. I have no idea why they aren't marketing it as such.

They could add 50 more issues; it's still crap.

I cant beleve he killed 3 of the five clones! sure, the older one wouldent have been very interesting, i can live with him dead.

Personally i liked the 6 armed spiderman clone. Finally a new interesting character semi-original to the ultimate universe. BUT nooooooooo, we get to see his face like 3 times and he's killed before we even know his name. His death was meaningless, as was his life. What was the point of intoducing the character? It could have been so much better! Same goes for the kain clone.

Remaining clones? The one Bendis has a raging hardon for in the 616 universe: Jessica Drew. Next issue its revealed her genes were rappidly aging too and she is now a mature woman. They use Bendis's semen for white ink in that issue.

And i swear to god, if they make the scorpion clone a "there can only be one!!!!" villian im dropping this book.

The original Clone Saga was Shakespeare compared to this ****.

If we're going to compare clone sagas, I have to admire the irony: the original saga was allegedly ruined due to editors interfering with the story, but this clone saga was ruined because nobody has the balls to question Bendis.

If we're going to compare clone sagas, I have to admire the irony: the original saga was allegedly ruined due to editors interfering with the story, but this clone saga was ruined because nobody has the balls to question Bendis.

Good observation.

The problem is that...it's kinda not ruined. I see this in the internet everyday. Bendis could just, I don't know, clone Aunt May and give each of her clones a power and make them become Heralds of GAH LAK TUS, everyone would still buy it and they would thing it was a GREAT IDEA 'cause the writer is Bendis.

Last edited:
None of this really matters...it looks like that by Ultimate Knights everything will be set straight again. Yahoo.

Now I'm just waiting for "Ultimate Totemic powers" so I'll finally be able to justify dropping this book. Not that MJ-Sasquatch thing and Doctor Octomangnepus wasn't enough.

None of this really matters...it looks like that by Ultimate Knights everything will be set straight again. Yahoo.

Well, let's just wait for the epilogue. If the status quo is unchanged... I will drop the book. I can't decide if him getting back with MJ counts. I guess it depends on how much I want to see Ultimate Knights. (Right now, I'm leaning towards it not counting.)

I may be alone in liking this issue, but I enjoyed it. It did feel anti-climatic, and it was a shame to see Kaine, Tarantula and Doc Parker bite it, but two very positive things happened as a result of this issue:
1) Peter finished his own battle and defeated Ock. ( with Spider-woman as well )
he didn't need the Ultimates or the X-Men to help, he essentially took down an uber Ock with no web-shooters and one equally spider-powered ally. Impressive.
2) Peter was finally honest about his feelings about MJ. I know many people like the Kitty relationship, but it's not Peter. Seeing MJ unconcious and likely unredeemable gave Peter the needed boot in the butt to be honest with himself. You can't forget someone you love like that, and it's dishonest to pretend to.
Peter is going to owe Kitty an apology, for how he's toyed with her heart ( though unintendedly )
Overall...a decent issue.

I agree with some of those points.

Coming Soon in ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!

Wilson "The Kingpin" Fisk pulls his resources together and hunts down Eddie Brock, only to kill him and steal the symbiote costume, becoming the new Venom so he can cure his wife's cancer

After peter de-spidey's himself, Daredevil and the ultimate knights hunt him down and tell him that he must take them to reed richards so they can all get spider powers, they rename themselves The Spider-Slayers, and fight The Venom-King. In the process some of the symbiote gets in Matt Murdock's eyes curing his blindness, allowing him to have sensory perception beyond any human ever, and he kills Kingpin and becomes the new Venom, who has curing powers, and he heals Aunt May's mind so she doesnt remember Peter is spider-man.

Jessica Drew dyes her hair black and joins The Ultimates, when a routine physical reveals she's bearing the magnetic son of Doctor Octopus! Venom and the Spider-Slayers seek out Jessica and offer to take her to Africa where the child can be raised under the protection of the Spider-Totems. She names the child Araña, and taking her to the town witch-doctor, they find an American man who goes by the name Ezekiel who tries to capture the baby and feed it to his lord, Morlun, to break himself from his obedience to him.

Peter Parker flies in with SHIELD and they stop Morlun with a Reed Richard's patented Anti-Demon ray, which accidentally ages Araña to be only a few years younger than peter. It also ages Jessica, who reveals herself to be a Lesbian to attract back more readers. She gets with Kitty who's going to take whatever she can get.

Jessica, busy with Ultimates training, and finishing her masters degree in genetics with Professor Janet Van Dyne, has no time to raise her child, so since Peter is as much the child's mother as Jessica, he is left to help her out, while she wants to play with her magnetic spider-powers, when she accidentally frees Norman and Harry Osborn from the labs, who gangbang Gwen Stacy, making her have Carnage-Goblin babies who kill Mary Jane.

I would read that just for entertain. Cause it's so bad it's great.

I am torn. I hate this and I hated Deadpool. I want to drop it, but I have attachments. I havn't bought any issues yet. So at least I'm good there.

But I can't say anything that hasn't been said already.

Well, that was rushed and predictable. 1.5/5 because I liked Peter and Johnny being friends now, although understandably so more on Johnny's part.

I the epilogue issue and Ultimate Knights do suck, I'm dropping the book in single format after Knights (assuming that's Bagley last). Yeah, I'd still pick up the trades, but at least it'd be more cost-effecient. In any case, I know the second I drop the book everyone will start raving about how great it will become. :roll:

(Oh, and Strangefate's post is classic.)

Last edited:
I can't drop this book. I've been reading it since I was 11 years old. I own the first 104 issues. Every single one. I'm attached to it. It's like my own father. My father who became an alcoholic and started to beat me as he got older.

I can't drop this book. I've been reading it since I was 11 years old. I own the first 104 issues. Every single one. I'm attached to it. It's like my own father. My father who became an alcoholic and started to beat me as he got older.

Oh, that wasn't your dad, that's just your clone.

He'll be dead within the next five panels.

But not before Bendis decides to not explain why he ages so quickly but the other clones don't. Or why his cells start to break down at the exact moment that he finds out that he's a clone.

In all seriousness, I can't for the life of me fathom how any of you could read this book and not be 100% for the site name change.

In all seriousness, I can't for the life of me fathom how any of you could read this book and not be 100% for the site name change.

Just because one title starts to seriously suck in a comic line doesn't mean that every forum should go and change it's premise.

If the name is changed now then we'll be seen as a bunch of idiots who jump on and off the bandwagon.

Latest posts

Back