Ultimate Spiderman #94 (Spoilers)

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Congrats Bendis.....this wasn't Hobgoblin or Carnage bad.....but it wasn't Learning Curve either.

Quick synopsis:
So we pick up were we left off in the last issue. Deadpool has just been unmasked and revealed to be Professor X.

Of course everyone is confused and a little relieved--except Spidey. He cracks Professor X on the jaw. Everyone else freaks out and questions his motives. Professor X opens fire on the X-Men while saying "Lucy with the football". It saddens me that a lot of younger readers have no clue what that means. How deprived are they?!?!?!

Anyways....Spidey says to trust the spider-sense. It's revealed that it wasn't actually Professor X....but Deadpool using his image disguisey thing! But who REALLY didn't see that coming?

We cut back to the studios where we see Mojo back on TV telling the audience that he has captured Prof. X and his punishment will be to watch his children be slaughtered....then have his mighty mutant brain lobotomized.

Menawhile Deadpool is rounding up the troops giving them a motovational type speech. Using the cameras located around the island he finds the X-Men and Spidey and shhots Spidey in the back. Kitty goes on a rampage and does her phasing-thru-and-breaking-electronics thing on all the bad guys. The rest of the X-Men back her up. Deadpool almost gets the jump on Kitty but Warren saves the day and drops him to the ground followed by a punchfest by Spidey.

Spidey unmasks Deadpool and we see that Deadpool actually looks like the Martians from "Mars Attacks". :lol: Everyone is almost sick to their stomach. Deadpool starts fighting back, guns-a-blazing. He gets the drop on Spidey and is about to kill him when Kitty dives thru Deadpool's chest and makes him blow up.

The Reavers see this and are about to launch an attack in Deadpool's honor.....but Cyclops cuts them off and the Reavers basically get beat down.

Cut to the studios---Mojo is about to kill Xavier himself---but Mojo's men aren't listening. Somehow Xavier got his mutant-stopping control collar off and has the men in some sort of "stop time coma" thing he does. X then says he wants to reply to Mojo's comments earlier. We then cut to the students and all they hear is a scream coming from where Xavier is.

Xavier rolls out of the room and thanks Spidey for his help. He thinks he is a fine young man. Spidey then makes a joke about if he can move into the mansion since Aunt May's gonna kick him out when he gets back.

They all fly home---but we see down on the ground that Deadpool is alive. I'm guessing vengance shall be his one day............maybe.

Upon their return we see Peter and Kitty in front of his house. He knows there is no explanation he can give Aunt May other than the truth. He is finally ready to tell her he is Spiderman. Kitty says she will go with him for support. They go inside and May is nowhere to be found.

Turns out that she is on a date and "it's going better than expected and she's gonna stay the night at his place". Kitty makes a joke about May getting her groove on.

The End....up next---Morbius.

This was ok. It ended just like I thought it would. Not a bad arc....but not a great one either. It was only 4 issues...but I don't thik Bendis could've stretched it out for 6 issues on his best week.

3.5/5

Victor Von Doom said:
Congrats Bendis.....this wasn't Hobgoblin or Carnage bad.....but it wasn't Learning Curve either.

Hey! lol I liked Hobgoblin & Carnage arcs LOL I love the all the ultimate spider-man arcs except the god awful ultimate six. The artwork and everything was just wrong in that.

That deadpool story sounds cool.

I'm waiting for the tpb before I read it but it seems pretty cool and sweet Morbius is next. I loved Morbius in the 90's cartoon and have yet to read a comic with him in so can't wait for Ultimate Morbius

It's important to mention that Aunt May was on a date with Miles Warren. In 616 he would go by the Jackal and in Ultimates he was Harry Osborn's shrink when the going got rough for the kid... I would imagine he has been with the Osborn's since Harry's childhood and is responsible for hypnotizing him. If I were a betting man, I'd say this is setting up his character for the Clone Saga... Does the Ultimate Jackal tell you the unexpected ultimization, fellas?

A good, issue, I guess... It just got me pumped to get on with the Clone saga. :)

Someone please make me an avatar of Deadpool with his mask off... That's all kinds of cool.

So. . .are all these sucky arcs just one, massive build-up to the Clone Saga?

Is Bendis actually that good? Norman Osborn, Octavius,the Venom project, Carnage, the Ben Reily stolen blood, Harry Osborn and "Shaw", Silver Sable and Roxxon, now this. The "Conspiracy".

And I'm sure Morbius will have something to do with it, as well.

Woah. I kinda expected DeadPool to be disfigured underneath the mask, but not to the extent of looking like a robo-skeleton! Geez, no wonder he was ticked off.

Still, Bendis did a good job with this arc. It woulda been a great job if DeadPool had more snarky dialogue, but eh, I'm happy.

"Lucy with the football." Heh, I dug the Charlie Brown reference. It made me feel old. lol

I really am torn with this arc. I loved the complete anger that was Ultimate Deadpool but I really think this isn't Ultimate "Deadpool". The whole exo-skeleton thing was lame. Bendis sat there and said, "well he's gotta be disfigured. He can't just look 616 though. Oh well, exo-skeletons the only other thing I can think of." I do look forward to seeing him again though especially since he'll probably go right after Peter.

Again, I don't see why Kitty didn't single handily take out The Reavers in the first place.

Xavier handling Mojo... very awesome. I hope Mojo's dead now.

Miles Warren... eh, cool.

Wasn't as impressed as I want to be.

3/5

So...

Did Iceman just stay on the helicopter? And then will suddenly appear in the mansion again?

*Goes to write a letter*

*And is serious*

Liked it.

Good conclusion. Interesting that Peter was about to tell the truth to Aunt May. Sooner or later he will have to.

Wonder how Xavier dealt with Mojo? Does he think he's a ballerina now? Will we see him serving soup at the homless mutant shelter? What? I wished we had seen Mojo one or two issue earlier. That part would have seen less rushed.

Bagley is pretty good at drawing the X-Men. If ever he needs another gig...

4/5

They all fly home---but we see down on the ground that Deadpool is alive. I'm guessing vengance shall be his one day............maybe.
AHAHAHAHA. Truer words.

Is Bendis actually that good? Norman Osborn, Octavius,the Venom project, Carnage, the Ben Reily stolen blood, Harry Osborn and "Shaw", Silver Sable and Roxxon, now this. The "Conspiracy".
One of the Marvel editors (I forget which one) said that the clone saga will pretty much tie the first 100 issues of USM together in a neat, pretty package.

The ending was funny and well done, but as Bass said 2 pages does not a good comic make.

This issue: 1.75/5 The arc as a whole: .5/5

Worst Ultimate Spider-Man arc yet. Deadpool was another in a long line of wasted Ultimizations, and this whole thing read as an X-Men story with a cameo by Spider-Man.

Glad to have this muck out of the way. Bring on Morbius.

comic_geek21 said:
I am a little psyched out about this. MILES FRICKIN WARREN??!! Holy Crap!!

Does anyone else smell Ultimate Jackal for Ultimate Clone Saga??:shock:

If their planning on an Ultimate Jackal, their really going to have to step it up a notch or two. When I first read that name I thought that too. But now that I've had time to think about it, I think that a bad idea they should just leave him human... Maybe he's that Dr. Warren that was helpin' Harry in the Second Goblin arc and he's still workin' for Osborn. finally, Osborn Makes his move to be the menace.

the watcher said:
If their planning on an Ultimate Jackal, their really going to have to step it up a notch or two. When I first read that name I thought that too. But now that I've had time to think about it, I think that a bad idea they should just leave him human... Maybe he's that Dr. Warren that was helpin' Harry in the Second Goblin arc and he's still workin' for Osborn. finally, Osborn Makes his move to be the menace.

I'm thinking with the Clone Saga coming, Osborn/Green Goblin will be making an appearance again. I also think he's the one pulling the strings on this Miles Warren guy, and this is all set-up for the Clone Saga arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Man, I totally agree with you guys. Norman Osborne should have his hands completely **** covered in this clone saga garbage. If he doesn't, it's just not worth it.

Ah, because what we really need is for Ultimate to copy the 616 approach of having Norman Osborn behind every single thing ever ever ever...

Latest posts

Back