Ultimate Thunderbolts

Fury's always involved. And I would definitely throw The Tinkerer in there for the teams Q. He won't be involved so much but he could come up with gadgets to restrain any of the characters thinking about defecting and other toys for them to play with.

I think Tinkerer should also be their coordinator, hacking into the enemeis computer systems, deactivating their security system, using their own camera system to see the lay out of the enemy base and communicating with members of the team through their headsets.

Well, I don't doubt Fury will be involved. I'm just saying will there be someone in between like Dugan or something. Like a head of the Thuderbolts Program. You got the leader of SHIELD: Fury. You got the field commander: ***** Widow or Zemo. YOu have Bond Q: Tinkerer. But who is the head of the Thundebolt program?
Fury's clearly been made to be the S.O.B. of SHIELD. He would take this operation under his wing as much as possible just like he did with the kid Wolverine killed and Wolverine vs. Hulk. If you must include and Ultimate Baron Zemo then revamp him and make him some for of intermediary.

Okay now that a lot of people have a good idea who should be on the team, who will fight and what sorts of missions would they go on?

Fury's clearly been made to be the S.O.B. of SHIELD. He would take this operation under his wing as much as possible just like he did with the kid Wolverine killed and Wolverine vs. Hulk. If you must include and Ultimate Baron Zemo then revamp him and make him some for of intermediary.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I think Zemo would be easy to revamp in the Ultimate Universe:

Colonel (or Oberst in his native Germany) Helmut Zemo was head of Germany's secret anti terrorism unit for many years. In 1980s he helped the West German goverment fight communist backed terrorist groups and in the 90s he fought Islamic terrorist groups on behalf of the new united German government. His track record was amazing and soon he was named as one of the leading military personal in the field of anti terrorism in all the Western world. In 1999 he was let go of his position for being overzealous, (using torture on suspects before it became in vogue) which made him somewhat bitter towards the German government. However in recent times overzealosiness has become less of problem. General Nick Fury hires Colonel Zemo to head his black ops team the Thunderbolts.

So you think Fury should run it Secretly without Ultimates knowing? That is to say if there still will be gov't trained Ultimates.

They should be fighting remaining Liberators and taking down their bases, and the ongoing story could reveal the USSR version of SHIELD, which is HYDRA... Something like that.

They should be fighting remaining Liberators and taking down their bases, and the ongoing story could reveal the USSR version of SHIELD, which is HYDRA... Something like that.
Exactly. I think the events of Nightmare within the Soviet Bunker and The Invasion should tie into one another. I also think a cool subplot would be an appearance by Hawkeye who finds out Widow is still running around working for SHIELD.

I personally think Hawkeye's going to butcher Black Widow at the end of The Ultimates 2, and I'd hope that Hawkeye would take a break and lead this team.

Well the USSR doesn't really exist anymore, so HYdra would need a different power base. I mean you could say this group were the masterminds behind the coalition that spawned the Liberators, influencing those governemnts to take action against US and the Ultimates. With the Thunderbolts taking out Liberator bases across the coalition countries, they could discover a deeper layer to this plot.

Plus for fun, you can have a misunderstanding between the Thunderbolts and the ultimates and have them fight (because the Ultimates would be unaware of the Thunderbolts status as government agents). Also you can have the Thunderbolts doing recon at Xavier's place and getting into a fight with the Ultimate X-Men.

Screw the xmen, I really see no use to have them at all other than Wolvie for a few "experienced" missions. Other than that, I do not want to see Spiderman, xmen, DD or even the Ultimates(for at least the first 12 issues) in this title.

Screw the xmen, I really see no use to have them at all other than Wolvie for a few "experienced" missions. Other than that, I do not want to see Spiderman, xmen, DD or even the Ultimates(for at least the first 12 issues) in this title.

Well I'm saying they should fight right away, but it seems to me if Fury wanted to spy on the X-Men (and why wouldn't he, if they have useful information he wanted) he have no problem having having the Thunderbolts do a recon mission at Xavier's school. Also you have the Ultimates involved in some way, at least one of the members should be ex Ultimate (either Black Widow or Hawkeye). The focus of the book should be against the Liberators and Hydra (which could factor in to an Ultimates arc against the terrorist group) but having them get into a fight with a super hero group, now and again would make for a fun change of pace.

I don't mind a little bit of Suicide Squad style action here. Someone mentioned taking B-list villains like Shocker and Boomerang and putting them into an Ultimate Thunderbolts, which is probably the best idea.

Take your B-Listers, train them, give them a paycheck (or a reprieve from prosecution/suspended sentence), give them better equipment and resources, and let them handle either small-potatoes crimefighting (foiling bank robberies, patrolling protests and that kind of thing) or missions where it may be too dangerous to risk losing a high-profile hero.

To keep it a balanced crew, SHIELD could even take guys like the Ultimate Defenders and help them move up a little in the superhero world. If you read Ultimates, you KNOW that those guys would be chomping at the bit for some real powers or the technology to provide them. Then again, there are a ton of other good idea's I've had for folks like the Ultimate Defenders.

Well I'm saying they should fight right away, but it seems to me if Fury wanted to spy on the X-Men (and why wouldn't he, if they have useful information he wanted) he have no problem having having the Thunderbolts do a recon mission at Xavier's school. Also you have the Ultimates involved in some way, at least one of the members should be ex Ultimate (either Black Widow or Hawkeye). The focus of the book should be against the Liberators and Hydra (which could factor in to an Ultimates arc against the terrorist group) but having them get into a fight with a super hero group, now and again would make for a fun change of pace.

All you do is just have some 18 year old mutant infiltrate the facility and you have a spy on the xmen. No need for thunderbolts

OMG! Ultimate Tinkerer and Ultimate Beetle on the team.I wouldn't miss that one (somehow I loved Ultimate Beetle on USM:Game).
Deadpool would work , if they didn't waste him as the crappiest character on Ultimate Universe ever!!His sense of humour would do amazing stuff :)
Please keep Luke Cage away from this one, he is great with the defenders , and the illegal muscle-up idea is lame.

And bullseye would work for sure.It would be absolutely fun with him
Any other bright ideas??

Latest posts

Back