Ultimate TPB timeline

DIrishB said:
This is the main reason I never did a TPB timeline itself, as it wouldn't truly all happen in their respective orders due to these overlapping arcs.

Right. It's bad enough that the individual pages have to be broken down as Irish has brilliantly done.

DIrishB said:
I originally didn't want to have to do that, but I was left with no other choice in most cases.

It's probably the best feature of the list. It was a good decision.

UltimateE said:
It's probably the best feature of the list. It was a good decision.

Well some credit for that has to go to that one dude who's name I can't remember, who suggested breaking up certain issues for it to make more sense. This was very early on, when I was still making it, and the more I looked into it the more sense it made.

DIrishB said:
This is the main reason I never did a TPB timeline itself, as it wouldn't truly all happen in their respective orders due to these overlapping arcs. But your timeline definitly does the job it set out to, which is to have them make the most sense overall. And considering most people probably read the TPB versions, this timeline will probably become more viewed than the regular one. Still is a great job, and look forward to the updates.
Thanks for the praises. The whole idea was to make a more compact version of your timeline and of course it doesn't work 100% in chronological order, but that's the price you pay. The way I see it, if you want to read them chronologically, now you have a choice to either take the "easy road" and read them in TPB form according to my list or go with the exact chronology according to yours.

Btw, added the ramble about not being the absolute truth to the first message and also updated the link to DIrishB's timeline to point to v3.0.

vintsukka said:
Thanks for the praises. The whole idea was to make a more compact version of your timeline and of course it doesn't work 100% in chronological order, but that's the price you pay. The way I see it, if you want to read them chronologically, now you have a choice to either take the "easy road" and read them in TPB form according to my list or go with the exact chronology according to yours.

Btw, added the ramble about not being the absolute truth to the first message and also updated the link to DIrishB's timeline to point to v3.0.

Makes perfect sense to me, as I said I bet your version gets more views as most people buy or are introduced to the Ultimate comics in TPB form, and its a hell of a pain to actually follow my timeline with all the jumping around between issues.

I decided to add the ½ issues to the timeline, since it seems to be up in the air if they will be collected or not. I swear I read somewhere at some point that the UXM one would be in the next TPB but it's not in the solicit. So it took me a while but I finally did everything that joshwill80 suggested.

vintsukka said:
I decided to add the ½ issues to the timeline, since it seems to be up in the air if they will be collected or not. I swear I read somewhere at some point that the UXM one would be in the next TPB but it's not in the solicit. So it took me a while but I finally did everything that joshwill80 suggested.
I read that somewhere too, but you're right, it isn't in the solit. We'll find out in November.

wow! my suggestions made into a thread :D anyway, i do beleive that i recently read that the 1/2's will be in a tbp sometime. or maybe that is the annuals i read about, i can't really remeber. i beleive the news was on newsarama.

been using your timeline for awhile now, and i just got to say it works really well.

I was rereading the TPB's and spotted that I should switch UMTU Vol. 2 and USM Vol. 4's places because Gwen is introduced in USM and then appears in UMTU. Something like that is of course more important to it "making sense" in the big picture than Beast's fur color.

And again, if anyone spots mistakes like that in the list, do point them out.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm pretty much brand-new to the Ultimate Universe. So I was going to go the TPB route with the stuff.

So this is probably a useless post, but thanks for making the timeline. I'm going to find this very useful :).

Dr_Draco said:
Hey, I'm pretty much brand-new to the Ultimate Universe. So I was going to go the TPB route with the stuff.

So this is probably a useless post, but thanks for making the timeline. I'm going to find this very useful :).
WELCOME!!! :D

Dr_Draco said:

Thanks. I aim to please. And welcome.

Frapalino said:
Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 7 - Irresponsible (# 40-45)

and

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 8 - Cats & Kings (# 47-53)

what's up with #46?
#46 is the "prologue" for Ultimate Six and it's in the U6 TPB.

vintsukka said:
#46 is the "prologue" for Ultimate Six and it's in the U6 TPB.

...Which is Vol. 9. :D

Latest posts

Back