Ultimate TPB timeline

Pandrio said:
And happens to come before Volume 8, chronologically speaking.

During the end of USM Vol. 3 to be precise.

Added Ultimate Vision # 1 to the list because it's unknown if it's going to be collected. Just added the one issue 'cause I don't want anything on the list that hasn't been released. Will add the other UV issues if/when it's clear they belong in the same place on the timeline.

Pandrio said:
Yeah, with the flashback in 46, but Volume 9 itself is before Volume 8, at least by DIrishB's timeline.

Right. USM #46, while a prologue to the Ultimate Six mini-series, actually takes place immediately after USM #21, where Spider-Man battles Sandman after the Doc Ock/Kraven fight. Even though it takes place at that time, its considered a prologue to Ultimate Six because it features the first appearance of Ultimate Sandman, who plays a somewhat large role in Ultimate Six. So its collected in USM Vol. 9 (Ultimate Six: USM #46, Ultimate Six #1-7). Chronologically speaking, Vol. 9 takes place before Vol. 8 (Cats & Kings: USM #47-53)), but was published after in TPB form because the Ultimate Six mini series ended up being delayed, whereas the Cats & Kings arc finished on time and therefore made the TPB cut before. Hope that helps.

vintsukka said:
Added Ultimate Vision # 1 to the list because it's unknown if it's going to be collected.
It will be collected, they're just saying maybe because they want people to buy the weeklies and get hooked on buying titles they don't usually pick up.
So I'd say to leave that out for now, it'll probably be collected with the Extinction trade.

Umm, don't mean to be a bother but Ultimate X-Men Volume 12 came out recently. Issues #58 to #60 and the Annual are in it. I know you'd get around to it eventually, but just in case...

Wasn't USM 1/2 collected in that special huge Barnes and Noble Ultimate Spider-Man hardcover a few years back? I just picked up the Marvel Milestones that reprinted USM 1/2 and UXM 1/2, and had deja vu. Then I remembered that I had read that USM 1/2 in a hardcover at a bookstore in Vegas a couple of Christmases ago while waiting for my family to finish shopping...

Thiraknut said:
Wasn't USM 1/2 collected in that special huge Barnes and Noble Ultimate Spider-Man hardcover a few years back? I just picked up the Marvel Milestones that reprinted USM 1/2 and UXM 1/2, and had deja vu. Then I remembered that I had read that USM 1/2 in a hardcover at a bookstore in Vegas a couple of Christmases ago while waiting for my family to finish shopping...
Yeah, but this is for Trade Paper Backs, in which it is yet to be collected, so yeah.

Thiraknut said:
What Pandrio said.

Guijllons said:
It will be collected, they're just saying maybe because they want people to buy the weeklies and get hooked on buying titles they don't usually pick up.
So I'd say to leave that out for now, it'll probably be collected with the Extinction trade.
It's not official whether it will be collected or not, so I'm placing it under the "unknown" label. And will of course change it when something is known about it.

XFactor said:
Umm, don't mean to be a bother but Ultimate X-Men Volume 12 came out recently. Issues #58 to #60 and the Annual are in it. I know you'd get around to it eventually, but just in case...
When did it come out? I have a Nov 30th release date for it on my shopping list. And Amazon hasn't shipped it to me yet.

And btw, I'm treating the UV back stories as separate issues from the main ones. Just so it's clear.

Last edited:
Yeah I bought it already. So I dunno if shipping is different or whatnot, but it's out in Missouri at least. :wink:

vintsukka said:
Here is a chronological list of all the Marvel Ultimate trade paperbacks. So if you're a TPB collector and looking for a "correct" reading order of the books, here's one.
This is great work. UltimateE was right to make it sticky.

I only buy trade paperbacks, and I'm starting to think of maybe buying some besides Ultimate Fantastic Four, and wondering: what order would I buy and read them in, in that case? So this is most helpful to me.

Thank you, vintsukka.

David Blue said:

I only buy trade paperbacks, and I'm starting to think of maybe buying some besides Ultimate Fantastic Four, and wondering: what order would I buy and read them in, in that case? So this is most helpful to me.

Thank you, vintsukka.

Would you like a general list of recommendations for all, or one specifically tailored to your tastes? OK, the latter it is:

1: Ultimate Iron Man (the origin is mind-blowing and Card is a genius)
2: Ultimate Invisible Woman (every issue she cheats on Reed with a different person, ie the meter reader, pool boy, the Shocker etc. etc.).
3: Ultimate Archie (Betty and Veronica take their relationship to the next level)
4: Ultimate Cheney (Think Jabba the Hut with optimum influence over US policy).

David Blue said:
QUOTE]

You wouldn't say that if you knew how UltimateE makes things sticky.:crazy:

Did a little makeover to the list, made it a little clearer what each trade collects (mainly so the list shows what happened to USM # 46). But then the list didn't look so clear, so I put the trade names in bold. Any comments? Better? Worse? Don't care?

vintsukka said:
Did a little makeover to the list, made it a little clearer what each trade collects (mainly so the list shows what happened to USM # 46). But then the list didn't look so clear, so I put the trade names in bold. Any comments? Better? Worse? Don't care?
Yeah, it's cool.

vintsukka said:
Better! :)

Is there an issue collecting both the 1/2 issues? What is a way to get them? Are they online? Anybody? I want to read them!

Latest posts

Back