Ultimate Venom.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
At first after readeing the Ultimate Venom TPB i did not like Ultimate Venom. I have just got the ultimate spider-man game and with the added venom story it adds to the comics I like Ultimate Venom now. He is still not as good as 616 venom IMO but still cool.

Is there any news on if he will return to the comic?

sjmole said:
At first after readeing the Ultimate Venom TPB i did not like Ultimate Venom. I have just got the ultimate spider-man game and with the added venom story it adds to the comics I like Ultimate Venom now. He is still not as good as 616 venom IMO but still cool.

Is there any news on if he will return to the comic?

Not Yet, but We do expect him back. He probably won't be back any time soon. Let Eddie get into the fact that he has control of the Suit. Maybe he'll come back in some sort of mini. You know to focus on his side of the story.

When he comes back wont he be Perfect Venom like end of game with white spider symbol since game is ment to fit the comics?

Also if it all goes well whats the likely hood of a Ultimate Venom comic series like when he had his own spin off from 616 spider-man

sjmole said:
When he comes back wont he be Perfect Venom like end of game with white spider symbol since game is ment to fit the comics?

Also if it all goes well whats the likely hood of a Ultimate Venom comic series like when he had his own spin off from 616 spider-man

Nothing has been said yet of Venom's fate. But I herd that the game is a arc. and they will pick up where the game left off. In fact the next arc. is about Silver Sable. So we shall see.

sjmole said:
Can't see that happening. As of now they're trying to keep the number of Ultimate titles to a minimum and if there were a new series I'm sure there are a multitude of characters better suited for one than Venom. But a mini, as the watcher mentioned, focusing on Eddie Brock's/Venom's story might be good.

While the game is meant to fit the comics, it doesn't mean it will be canon to the serie.

Not everything 'Ultimate' turned out to be canon. Case in point ; Not having read Ultimate Team up is probably a plus because very few issues turned out o be firmly in continuity. Others are full of glitches or to be completely ignored (The FF team up, for exemple).

I'm guessing that the odds of the game being part of the continuity will be affected drastically by who writes the book by the time Venom makes a come back.

Either way, I'm also betting that when Venom comes back, he'll simply say that he now has full control of his symbiote and that no reference are going to be made one way or the other about the events of the game.

Wrong. Silver Sable appeared in the game first. And she's appearing in up coming issues and that it spins out of the game. We have all told that it's in conitunity. Issue 9 of UMTU was the only one non cannon.

And Welcome 8)

Sayz you!

and thanks...

Okay, I'll see how Silver Sable is introduced to judge how much the game is supposed to count in continuity.

But I'm a little peeved here. See : :evil: I'm peeved because I don't own the game and that means that I no longer own every piece of the UU. My inner geek is furious right now.

Last edited:
There's rumours that the Black Widow issue of UMTU is considered non-canon.

A lot of Ultimate Team-Up is non-canon. One of the only UTU stories that was actually followed in the mainstream titles was Doctor Strange, with him being a novice magician whose father was the original.

ProjectX2 said:
There's rumours that the Black Widow issue of UMTU is considered non-canon.

The only thing that made it seem out of place was the Dr.Doom photo. They refrenced it in Blockbuster. So it happened.

Doc Comic said:
A lot of Ultimate Team-Up is non-canon. One of the only UTU stories that was actually followed in the mainstream titles was Doctor Strange, with him being a novice magician whose father was the original.

The writers at Marvel have made it clear a thousand times that everything except #9 of UMTU is part of canon. The only real problem issue is the Black Widow one, but just the minor details as TGO has said.

cmdrjanjalani said:
The writers at Marvel have made it clear a thousand times that everything except #9 of UMTU is part of canon. The only real problem issue is the Black Widow one, but just the minor details as TGO has said.
So in Ultimates, when Bruce became the Hulk, that was actually his second time as the Hulk? How did he become the Hulk the first time, and why was he green the first time but gray the second time?

Doc Comic said:
So in Ultimates, when Bruce became the Hulk, that was actually his second time as the Hulk? How did he become the Hulk the first time, and why was he green the first time but gray the second time?

Yup. The Hulk serum was altered in the Ultimates. Also, if you noticed there's a flashback of a scene with Hulk and Spidey fighting, that's a reference to their fight in UMTU.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
Yup. The Hulk serum was altered in the Ultimates. Also, if you noticed there's a flashback of a scene with Hulk and Spidey fighting, that's a reference to their fight in UMTU.
So wait. Even though he went on a rampage in New York the first time, he wasn't locked up after that? And there were no repercussions until his second time as the Hulk?

Doc Comic said:
So wait. Even though he went on a rampage in New York the first time, he wasn't locked up after that? And there were no repercussions until his second time as the Hulk?

Correct. He didn't purposefly rampage through NY the first time. Plus, the Hulk cells hadn't bonded to his cells yet. After the second time, however, he was permanantly the Hulk (Plus, he purposely became a villian the second time).

Black Widow is a problem due to the Doom reference. However, much of the Iron Man issues are also a problem now due to. . .Utimate Iron Man.

Ok, so the game's going to be considered cannon and all yes? But what about the Latverian Embassy? It's in Manhattan in the game, and it's the place Norman busts out of when you have to fight him. Now, I love the idea that the game is in continuity, but if this were the case, why would Latveria have an embassy in Manhattan at this time? Aren't they just an impoverished bunch of squatters in some eastern European country right now?

Of course, I guess this could be considered a silly question and I should just not ask questions that don't have any real answers. But I have a headache right now. And I blame this conundrum for it.

Boondock Jew said:
why would Latveria have an embassy in Manhattan at this time? Aren't they just an impoverished bunch of squatters in some eastern European country right now?

That was just the keep - not Latveria.

Latest posts

Back