Ultimate Vision backup story to be featured in Nov./Dec. Ultimate books

E

Excelsior Club
From SBC : A big thing for the Ultimate Universe will be taking two of Marvel's top creators, Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., and putting 6 four page backup stories in the Ultimate Books in November and December, which feature Ultimate Vision. These stories will not be collected in trades. There will be an Ultimate Vision Limited series later. Joe Madureira designed the Ultimate Vision (he is now a she) for this book.

Thanks (and props) to Fuzzybirds for posting this originally.

Yeah I'm wondering about this.

Why wasn't it announced in the November solicits?

Will it be 6 chapters of one large story, or simply 6 mini stories tying into eachother?

And, being only 6 parts, which Ultimate titles does it feature in?

Although I must say, I do like the sex change for the Vision. Kinda introduces both Vision and Jocasta into the UU. Also, from that sketch my Madureira, she looks more human than one would expect; could she be a cyborg?

Hmmm. I wonder if this is being done to lay the groundwork for Loeb's run or the conclusion of Millar's.

You've got Millar writing, but a Joe Mad character design (and apparently no cover from him considering how it's being delivered to market, which kind of takes away from the, 'they just had him do it to increase sales' argument).

I suppose it could be neither, but I'm doubting that.

Last edited:
So that means there will no ads for the issues they will be in? Thats how they did it with the Vampire by Night backstory in AMAZING FANTASY. There were no ads.

icemastertron said:
So that means there will no ads for the issues they will be in? Thats how they did it with the Vampire by Night backstory in AMAZING FANTASY. There were no ads.

I wasn't aware of that...but I would be shocked if they pulled ads out of several top 25 books to give us more story. I'm sure they'll just add pages.

Now let's see if they kick us in the nuts by increasing the cover price.

UltimateE said:
I wasn't aware of that...but I would be shocked if they pulled ads out of several top 25 books to give us more story. I'm sure they'll just add pages.
Yeah, they'll probably do that.

UltimateE said:
Now let's see if they kick us in the nuts by increasing the cover price.
I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised. They didnt do it for the 2 issues of Amazing Fantasy, so *crossing fingers* they might also not raise it up here.

But it's Marvel. So you'll be lucky enough to even see a solit for it on time.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the Vision stories will be in November's The Ultimates 2 #9, Ultimate Fantastic Four #25, and Ultimate X-Men #65, and in Decemer's Ultimate Fantastic Four #26 and two other books, which I'm not sure of now since there's no U2 or UXM in December. Most likely will be in the minis.

Last edited:
So, now I'll have to buy USM and UXM just to read 4 pages?

MMMMAAAAAARRRRRVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, can anyone post the Vision pic(s)? SBC doesn't seem to be working...

Why would you change the Visions gender? What purpose does that serve? I mean I bet its a cool design and all, but if you're working on a GIANT ALIEN ROBOT I don't think the first modifications would be to add tits. But maybe thats just me.

And I bet you a dollar the backups get put in the Ultimate Vision trade whenever it comes out.

Baxter said:
Why would you change the Visions gender? What purpose does that serve? I mean I bet its a cool design and all, but if you're working on a GIANT ALIEN ROBOT I don't think the first modifications would be to add tits. But maybe thats just me.

And I bet you a dollar the backups get put in the Ultimate Vision trade whenever it comes out.

Same reason Jocasta was created. To be a "mate" to Vision. Except NOW, instead of adding a third android for no reason (And beacuse Pym created Vision), he created Ultron to be the "male" and Vision to be the "female". Makes sense to me.

DIrishB said:
I'll second that!! I want to see some android boobies!!! ;)

Does the new female Vision look anything like the first Vision, or is it substantially different?
It was still just like what we saw of Vision II and Ultron in issue #6. S'all I can really remember.

DIrishB said:
I'll second that!! I want to see some android boobies!!! ;)

Does the new female Vision look anything like the first Vision, or is it substantially different?
I saw it this morning -- it was a bit hard to tell. It was a somewhat blurry photo of an overhead projection of a pencil drawing if I remember correctly.

14rdb said:
I saw it this morning -- it was a bit hard to tell. It was a somewhat blurry photo of an overhead projection of a pencil drawing if I remember correctly.
I remember some coloring done. I think it was in some yellow-type background or something.

Ultron and Vision.

Robo-Adam and Robo-Eve.

DIrishB said:
I'm assuming this story will involve Falcon and Vision while he's working on him/her. Possibly bringing Hank in to assist with whatever. Maybe it will play a lead-in to Extinction. Hopefully.
That sounds possible. Hank could have taken some ideas or something for Vision II, no?

Latest posts

Back