Ultimate Wolverine Vs Hulk #1 (Discussion/Spoilers)

thee great one said:
He do know that the Hulk is incredibly horny. And MWoF made a comment about it being out of character to allow himself to become the Hulk. In the first arc of the Ultimates, he turned into the Hulk on purpose.
Not the same thing. He didn't bring out the Hulk so that Hulk could "better his life". He brought out the Hulk for the sake of the Ultimates Reputation. I think it's out of character to let Hulk have any control. And I really don't like that aspect and think the whole Hulk with women sitting around him was ridiculous.

selfproclaimed said:
i'm going ot beg to differ only in that hulk isn't eating people or threatening to poop in their skulls...i'm not saying that banner has any level of mastery of the hulk, just that he seems to have gained just a bit of control

Hulk kidnapped himself a Harem. And the Hulk poop Fury showed to Wolverine had a human finger in it. If Banner has any control over this, he isn't exactly on the road to redemption... "Banner is a good man" sayz Jen Walter. Well, either this "good man" is losing control, or this arc will establish that Banner isn't a "good man".

I think i have an explanation to the whole Hulk being in a harem with all those women around him. Since lately it is shown that the hulk has been eating people with the jar of hulk excriment it is apparent he's been terrorizing people and made his way to a village somewhere in Tibet. The villagers to appease the unstopable force that is the Hulk,gave him all the women in town and some other luxuries. When Wolverine comes to tibet there is a small part with a man named Tenzin, Wolverine asks him where are all the women? He simply answers with avoiding the question saying "I...no...speak...English." I'm sure that the hulk became something of the evil that shall not be spoken of in Tibet.

vader said:
I think i have an explanation to the whole Hulk being in a harem with all those women around him. Since lately it is shown that the hulk has been eating people with the jar of hulk excriment it is apparent he's been terrorizing people and made his way to a village somewhere in Tibet. The villagers to appease the unstopable force that is the Hulk,gave him all the women in town and some other luxuries. When Wolverine comes to tibet there is a small part with a man named Tenzin, Wolverine asks him where are all the women? He simply answers with avoiding the question saying "I...no...speak...English." I'm sure that the hulk became something of the evil that shall not be spoken of in Tibet.
Welcome Vader. The thing is we saw Banner making deals in the village. There have been no signs that Hulk controls Banner in civilian form. So why is Banner giving Hulk the oppurtunity here.

TheManWithoutFear said:
...The thing is we saw Banner making deals in the village........

Was that Banner? I thought it was just an average shadowy figure. I didn't get any indication that it was Banner.

You mean in the bar? It had to have been Banner because Wolverine picked up his scent. Then he followed him to the hideout.

UltimateE said:
You mean in the bar? It had to have been Banner because Wolverine picked up his scent. Then he followed him to the hideout.

See I just thought that it was just another figure in the foreground. And then that's when Logan comes to the conclusion that there isn't any women around.

Awesome issue. Lindelof writes these guys perfectly. The interaction between Betty and Logan was very good. Art was great as well. Yu rocks.

"Bruce. He wants you to kill Bruce."

"There's a difference, sweethart?"

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Welcome Vader. The thing is we saw Banner making deals in the village. There have been no signs that Hulk controls Banner in civilian form. So why is Banner giving Hulk the oppurtunity here.

Maybe Bruce Banner, if the man in backround making a deal with someone was infact him, is tired of not getting the respect he deserves from his teammates and being locked up in a cage all day. Another possibility is that maybe he found a way of controlling the Hulk by letting it out for a little bit and get pampered by villagers. Something that banner could not do in let's say New York city.

UltimateE said:

There is a possibility that the man was not Banner but someone from banners circle of people in his harem that just happen to have a hint of Hulk smell on him. I mean if Ultimate Wolverine could smell his own legs four miles away(up) then there is a possibility that he would smell the Hulk on someone who works or lives in the Hulk "Harem".

vader said:
There is a possibility that the man was not Banner but someone from banners circle of people in his harem that just happen to have a hint of Hulk smell on him. I mean if Ultimate Wolverine could smell his own legs four miles away(up) then there is a possibility that he would smell the Hulk on someone who works or lives in the Hulk "Harem".

Except Wolverine is going off the scent of the serum, which isn't "on" him and couldn't really rub off on anyone else.

UltimateE said:
Except Wolverine is going off the scent of the serum, which isn't "on" him and couldn't really rub off on anyone else.

Yeah you are right, guess well just have to wait for the next issue.

It was a funny issue, I LMAO.
Hulk is not that stupid, and he is, in fact, straight.

Not an awesome issue...but a funny one =)

i was just thinking when they do ultimate shehulk they may only do it as a one time thing couse didn't you need to mix the "hulk srem" with caps blood to make it a premaent hulk thingy

ult spider fan said:
i was just thinking when they do ultimate shehulk they may only do it as a one time thing couse didn't you need to mix the "hulk srem" with caps blood to make it a premaent hulk thingy

Nope. Hulk was Hulk. The Super-Soldier Serum mixture was more of a temporary thing. There's a lot of speculation that that's why Hulk was grey in Ultimates 1 and not green. So if Walters somehow turned into the Hulk using just Gamma Radiation, she'd more likely keep being She-Hulk.

Yes I finally got this comic and are very pleased. My thought is why did they bring Jen Walters into this? It just seems a bit odd she wasn't a lawyer and just writtin in as a gamma researcher. I bet there are other motives and work here. Just think-Fury needs another hulk and Jen fits the genetics with Bruce more than other super soldier canadates. Time will tell though.

Not to mention that Jen doesn't really come off as a scientist type, with her blatant flirting with Wolverine and her provocative undergarments.

Doc Comic said:
Not to mention that Jen doesn't really come off as a scientist type.

You got to remember this is an Alternate Reality. So she be came a Scientist insted of a lawyer. This makes it easier, if they decide to make Jen turn into She-Hulk. I never really liked how she became She-Hulk in the 616 universe. So I think that it will be better if she became She-Hulk under her own freewill. Maybe she'll think it's the only way to bring in, or bring down her cousin.

Big E said:
My thought is why did they bring Jen Walters into this?

So they can introduce She-Hulk.

Latest posts

Back