Ultimate Wolverine Vs Hulk #1 (Discussion/Spoilers)

I really want Jen Walters to turn into She-Hulk but I really can't think of a good reason for her too. I think it will be lame if she does.

And in Ultimates 2 #2 or 3 (?) Bruce has a session with Xavier saying (a Jen Walters :arrgh: ) they're related. If they're the same is unknown yet.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I really want Jen Walters to turn into She-Hulk but I really can't think of a good reason for her too. I think it will be lame if she does.

And in Ultimates 2 #2 or 3 (?) Bruce has a session with Xavier saying (a Jen Walters :arrgh: ) they're related. If they're the same is unknown yet.

good point...due to that mention i'd assume the family tie to be there...it would be kinda stupid to have two jen walters, one bruce's cousin and the other his coworker

Goodwill said:
Why did Bruce mention Jen Walters in his sessions? Was there anything that suggested she worked for SHIELD, too?

No, Xavier was taking Bruce back to peaceful times and he mentioned Jen, his cousin and her whiny voice.

ProjectX2 said:
No, Xavier was taking Bruce back to peaceful times and he mentioned Jen, his cousin and her whiny voice.

...from when they were children....

I'm expecting that this Jen Walters is Bruce's cousin...maybe she is hiding it from Fury or maybe she is some kind of secret weapon or something...

UltimateE said:
I'm expecting that this Jen Walters is Bruce's cousin...maybe she is hiding it from Fury or maybe she is some kind of secret weapon or something...
I was thinking the same thing. If the relationship was any good between the two, I'd love for Jen to infiltrate SHIELD to try to stop them from ultimately killing Bruce. Maybe Betty's in on it too.

Only reason I didn't mention it is, how do you keep something like lineage from SHIELD?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Only reason I didn't mention it is, how do you keep something like lineage from SHIELD?

Yeah, I realized that after I started typing maybe she's hiding it from Fury. Not likely. So if there's any funny business they are either in on it or heading it up.

Or she could just be there because she's a genius,like her cousin. But that doesnt stop her views changing after the way they treated Bruce. And wouldn't she have access to all his work?

It would be cool if she-hulk saved the day. I notice Jen is a bit hyper sexual. wonder if she hulk would amplify that in the way hulk does to betty.
I think the only way for wolvie to bring the hulk in is when hulk is reverted to banner and caught off gaurd.

UltimateE said:

That could explain why Banner was into Betty and not Jen. But the weird part is that only Betty was emotional, and Jen just said that Banner was a nice guy and deserved a quick death. Still I don't blame Lindelof if it was something he overlooked, since it's pretty difficult to keep tabs of name-dropping.

Doc Comic said:
Not to mention that Jen doesn't really come off as a scientist type, with her blatant flirting with Wolverine and her provocative undergarments.

That merely means she doesn't fulfill a stereotype...that does happen you know.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I completely forgot about that. So the beach house he was visiting (in his memory) was Jen's? Hmmmmm...

UltimateE said:

Oh come on, you really think she'd be able to keep that from Fury? The guy's so paranoid, I'm sure he knows the exact brand of tampons she uses.

To be fair, he says he's at his cousin Jenny's beach house. He never says a last name.

Obviously, Millar and Lindelof had the same idea to use her in relation to Banner, but for now, the two don't contradict.

I thought it was interesting that Hulk looked perfectly content in the arms of those women, and he hadn't reverted back. It looks like he's beginning to really control the beast.

Steve GMan said:
I thought it was interesting that Hulk looked perfectly content in the arms of those women, and he hadn't reverted back. It looks like he's beginning to really control the beast.

Definitly. I think that was the point Lindelof was really trying to make with that scene, that Bruce has a much better sense of control. After all, otherwise he'd have eaten all those chicks.

DIrishB said:
Definitly. I think that was the point Lindelof was really trying to make with that scene, that Bruce has a much better sense of control. After all, otherwise he'd have eaten all those chicks.
I agree that's the point he's trying to make. I don't agree with the direction. Hulk should be Banner's devil. He shouldn't be willing to let him out. I hate how Ultiamte Hulk's portrayed. The primative nature of human beings shouldn't be dumbed down to something people can poke fun at. I'm so sick of no one doing the Hulk justice. I'm sure the mini's gonna be good but I wish Millar didn't turn him into stereotypical fratboy on steroids.

Korinthian said:
Where do you think all the ugly women in the village went?
HA! Welcome Korinthian.

Korinthian said:
Where do you think all the ugly women in the village went?

New Jersey.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree that's the point he's trying to make. I don't agree with the direction. Hulk should be Banner's devil. He shouldn't be willing to let him out. I hate how Ultiamte Hulk's portrayed. The primative nature of human beings shouldn't be dumbed down to something people can poke fun at. I'm so sick of no one doing the Hulk justice. I'm sure the mini's gonna be good but I wish Millar didn't turn him into stereotypical fratboy on steroids.

I wouldn't burst a blood vessel over it. Its merely a new direction for the character. I'm sure before too long something will cause Banner to revert to his less controlled self. And I really don't think anyone's poking fun at "humanity's primitive nature" as you put it. I think its more about humanity overcoming primitive nature and evolving. Look at the Hulk as an analogy to the human race in general. He's evolving, both as a character and as an organism, thanks to Xavier's sessions. And honestly, the Hulk is anything but a stereotypical fratboy on steroids...for one thing the Hulk isn't a huge, sloppy *****.

MwoF... The damn mini-series is already over and you're not giving Lindelof the time and issues to explain why Hulk has been subdued. Remember - he tells stories by flashing back. I think we'll have an explanation as to why Hulk is just sitting there with a bunch of women without eating them.

Goodwill said:
MwoF... The damn mini-series is already over and you're not giving Lindelof the time and issues to explain why Hulk has been subdued. Remember - he tells stories by flashing back. I think we'll have an explanation as to why Hulk is just sitting there with a bunch of women without eating them.

The "damn mini-series" is not already over. I said I'd like the story. I just doubt Hulk and the reasoning for his Hulkness will do the character justice. No one ever does.

I prefer this version over the 5-year old "Hulk smash little man!" version.

Also, his smarts could have to do with how angry he is, the angrier, the dumberm and the more likely to eat everyone in sight.

Latest posts

Back