Ultimate X-Men #55 discussion (spoilers)

ultimatedjf said:
Whoops.

Anyway, big thank yous to whoever fixes my posts and keeps my name on it. You deserve the credit! :D

That'd be me. You post it, you get credit. I just have to rewrite it to add more info, that's all. Nice job!

I just realized I'm reading this thread that I've vowed to avoid until I read the actual issue. Whoops! See ya... :D

Wow, how cool was this issue, and for that matter, this arc so far. In #54 we're introduced to Ultimate Longshot and Ultimate Mojo, and in #55 we get to see Ultimate Arcade and Ultimate Spiral!! Also, I like how Vaugh seems to be trying to concrete the Ultimate universe more, with several Spider-Man references in the past few books (in #54 when Kitty talks about him specifically, and in #55 when Arcade mentions how he came by the webbing he shot at Dazzler...found on a wall in Manhatten). I am loving this arc SOOOOO much. Can't wait to see how Spiral is written by Vaughn. And I can't believe Nightcrawler got shanked!!!!! Also, at least we were given more insight to Arcade's motivation to kill mutants (his sister was on the Brooklyn Bridge when the Brotherhood blew it up). Awesome book overall, salivating profusely for #56. (Who'll show up in that issue...?)

I liked the art. Don't be so sensitive Ice...

Here's my question. Did Arcade's goomba's patent the webshooter design and fluids robbing poor little Peter Parker of his first great creation?

And if Nightcrawler dies I will be mighty cheesed. Like hunt vaughn down at a Con and ask him why. After he signs my Y Trades that is.

Baxter said:
Here's my question. Did Arcade's goomba's patent the webshooter design and fluids robbing poor little Peter Parker of his first great creation?

And if Nightcrawler dies I will be mighty cheesed. Like hunt vaughn down at a Con and ask him why. After he signs my Y Trades that is.

Haha, I don't think he's gonna let him die.

But I was like, "Huh." when Colossus told Warren "I don't know about these guys, but I want to be beuried nex to Hank."

Hey, guys! I must say that this entire arc is shaping up to be one of the best in the Ultimate line... You guys have said it before; Vaughan really is trying to tie this book into the others, especially Spider-Man it seems, so that readers aren't thrown off about the continuity and what not (Well, more so than they already are, that is). It was neat how Arcade took from Spider-Man, was affected by what happened in Ultimate War, and, at the same time, parallels Kraven. That's just very cool.

Longshot is shaping up to be a cool character, too. I really liked him in this isuse because he was a little more hands-on and responsive in this issue than last. He'll be a cool addition to the list of allies the X-Men have, that is, if he doesn't join the team.

Just to clear a few things up...

1.) Nightcrawler isn't going to die. the knife was placed in the body just above or below something potentially dangerous. If it wasn't for Longshot he would've been killed, but now it is merely a wound which is going to be easily treated... That's what I got out of it, anyway.

2.) Mojo is becoming a very interesting bad guy. He's very linear, but that sometimes is good. They figured that Longshot was indirectly attacking him by cutting the feeds, cutting off his ratings which motivated him... That's a tactic that is very cool and it's a less obvious thing to attack than the actual "white whale". Very cool.

3.) Colossus' character is just great... The line that Ice points out is great. I think he's going to be a very large character in Vaughan's run to come.

4.) The mystery with Longshot's accusation and Sheele's death is interesting, too, even leading to the introduction of Ultimate Spiral... I like how there's more to it than I intended, reading the issue before. Very cool and I can't wait to see more about this (Does anyone else think that Spiral is the leader of the Morlocks? I'm thinking that the mutants in hiding are going to be the Morlocks!)

Also, if Mojo continues with this show, he can start picking off the Brotherhood, you know? Bring them all back and introduce them again through that... I know it would get tired but if the X-Men had to work with them to save mutant lives it would be a very interesting story, you know?

I know NC ain't gonna die. It's just the shock I felt when I saw he was stabbed.

But I really think that Longshot is innocent of the crime he was convicted with. I think that Spiral is the one who really killed the Count Shelee.

Well, NC getting stabbed was one of the things that also made my eyes widen just a little larger than they already were, you know? I can totally see where you can get riled about that.

I think that you're right about Longshot actually being innocent, but I'm thinking that Spiral is actually the one whose covering it up. Maybe she's got some sort of immunity because she's working for the government or something.

Goodwill said:
Hey, guys! I must say that this entire arc is shaping up to be one of the best in the Ultimate line... You guys have said it before; Vaughan really is trying to tie this book into the others, especially Spider-Man it seems, so that readers aren't thrown off about the continuity and what not (Well, more so than they already are, that is). It was neat how Arcade took from Spider-Man, was affected by what happened in Ultimate War, and, at the same time, parallels Kraven. That's just very cool.

Longshot is shaping up to be a cool character, too. I really liked him in this isuse because he was a little more hands-on and responsive in this issue than last. He'll be a cool addition to the list of allies the X-Men have, that is, if he doesn't join the team.

Just to clear a few things up...

1.) Nightcrawler isn't going to die. the knife was placed in the body just above or below something potentially dangerous. If it wasn't for Longshot he would've been killed, but now it is merely a wound which is going to be easily treated... That's what I got out of it, anyway.

2.) Mojo is becoming a very interesting bad guy. He's very linear, but that sometimes is good. They figured that Longshot was indirectly attacking him by cutting the feeds, cutting off his ratings which motivated him... That's a tactic that is very cool and it's a less obvious thing to attack than the actual "white whale". Very cool.

3.) Colossus' character is just great... The line that Ice points out is great. I think he's going to be a very large character in Vaughan's run to come.

4.) The mystery with Longshot's accusation and Sheele's death is interesting, too, even leading to the introduction of Ultimate Spiral... I like how there's more to it than I intended, reading the issue before. Very cool and I can't wait to see more about this (Does anyone else think that Spiral is the leader of the Morlocks? I'm thinking that the mutants in hiding are going to be the Morlocks!)

Also, if Mojo continues with this show, he can start picking off the Brotherhood, you know? Bring them all back and introduce them again through that... I know it would get tired but if the X-Men had to work with them to save mutant lives it would be a very interesting story, you know?

awesome thoughts GW

I love Goodwill's ideas. It's so anti-squirrel.

From the Essential's I've read I believe she was in Wolverine quit a lot and possibly Spider-Man?

She tags along with Mojo. She was heavily involved in X-men for a while when Psylocke got her bionic eyes, she appeared when the Exiles visited Mojoverse most recently i think.

Goodwill said:
When was that? How long ago did she appear?

Goody please take that to the X-Men forum. Let's keep on topic.

Hey, so lets speculate why Spiral showed up (Besides obvious reasons that pertained to her 616 connections to Mojo).

Latest posts

Back