Ultimate X-Men #55 discussion (spoilers)

If the mutants were oppressed and all, why would she throw LS to the authorities? That's not adding up to me, Ice, especially with your theory. I'm thinking that Mojo knows that the X-Men are meddling and she's been sent to stop them, only to find out that they are not the ones that she was supposed to fight.

Its Mojo. Mojo had this brilliant Idea for a show and needed a mutant to be hated soooo much that he could get away with doing this. So he framed Longshot, and used an assassin, Spiral, to kill this well liked Sheele man, and then proposed the idea as a profitable way to execute the villian. Of course he keeps the assassin on payroll to off anyone who figures things out.

If he is anything like the Mojoverse Counterpart (keep in mind, Mojo isnt 616, he's in a different dimension, and he captured the X-men for the TV shows) everything he does is for Ratings, he isnt fueled by hatred or anything, he's likely just amoral (being unable to determine right from wrong).

Well,I have a question about this theory... Why wouldn't Mojo eventually put
Spiral in Longshot's position? If he hates mutants that much, why would be sympathize for just one?

Maybe she's too good for that. I mean, if she is an assisan, or the assisan type, she would probably take care of the hunters like nothing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Goodwill he just said he wasn't fueled by hatred

If he wasn't his character would be destroyed... He's based his television show off of his hatred.

Also, if Spiral isn't a mutant what could she be?

Spiral could just be a freak or something entirely different. From memory, she is actually a mutated Spineless one in 616. I think she workd wiht Longshot. but anyway. back on topic.

I have to think that Spiral killed Schele. Killed with a knife - that should be obvious. Moved from where he was killed - Spiral can teleport, or could. Working in a way that gives Mojo the good popular mutant who will give him ratings- check. Sounds like they are working together even if she is up to other things.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know why but I got the impression that she wasn't on Mojo side... Sure she got physical at the end of the issue but she could be a good guy.
Yeah, I don't think so. I still think that she's in cahoots with Mojo.

And I'm with MWF about that Mojo cares about his ratings. He's a TV mogul. They'll create anything as long as it gets the ratings they want, making them rich, famous, or whatever.

My impression about Spiral is that she DOES work for Mojo. Mojo probably saw that she had the right qualifications for the job he had in mind and offered Spiral to spare her life in exchange her working for him.
She seems to be the kind of person that puts herself in the first room so I figured she agreed.
I DO think that Mojo never intends to keep his promise and will (try to) get rid of her after her services is no longer needed.
And yes, she most likely killed the politician as a job for Mojo to frame Longshot.

What I am most interested in is how she got the information about the arrival of the X-Men so she could wait for them in the airport, but I'm sure this will be explained.

Ultimate Warrior said:
My impression about Spiral is that she DOES work for Mojo. Mojo probably saw that she had the right qualifications for the job he had in mind and offered Spiral to spare her life in exchange her working for him.
She seems to be the kind of person that puts herself in the first room so I figured she agreed.
I DO think that Mojo never intends to keep his promise and will (try to) get rid of her after her services is no longer needed.
And yes, she most likely killed the politician as a job for Mojo to frame Longshot.

What I am most interested in is how she got the information about the arrival of the X-Men so she could wait for them in the airport, but I'm sure this will be explained.

I agree on every account.

icemastertron said:
I agree on every account.

Thank you 8)

I should also post that I don't think that the politician was killed to frame Longshot as a person, more likely that he was killed to frame a mutant (and stir up the mutant-hate) and Longshot just happends to be the lucky one :wink:

Latest posts

Back