Ultimate X-Men #56 discussion (SPOILERS)

let me just say UXM#56 rocked.
but i'm so sad that they killed blink before we ever got to see her in action
jean using her powers to take down the bad guy that was so cool.
i hope the book keeps going strong with this kind of action

Well, let's see:

#57 is a stand alone. So that means there's 8 issues to go before he goes off of UXM. Meaning which he'll most likely have 2 4-issue arcs, before he signs off.

When the preview book for May 2005 comes out, well know what's next for the next arc, and how long.

Now, regarding #56-
I hope Blink ain't dead. Honestly. There's no body that we've seen, now is there...... :wink:

Yeah, I agree it was a great issue. I don't get the furor over "Blink" but I never read AoA, so I'll leave that to the pros :)

What can you say about Vaughan? Once again his characterizations are great, and he has an uncanny knack for teamwork and a great grasp on everyone's powers. In this issue, specifically Kitty (holding her breath underground) and Jean/Phoenix.

Good stuff. Can't wait for the conclusion.

It's not lame, at least IMO. I think it's a cool thing which should be taken into the 616 comics. I love that Vaughan did that. It just shows that there is more to his powers than people might think. :D

icemastertron said:
It's not lame, at least IMO. I think it's a cool thing which should be taken into the 616 comics. I love that Vaughan did that. It just shows that there is more to his powers than people might think. :D

No, I'm all for the more powers than what everyone thinks but when I saw the giant hand attached to a stretched arm it just looked too goofy and I thought they couldn't done something else that would've been cooler to get the point across. Like when he went after Proteus and turned into that big Ice Monster... I thought that was cool and had the same point...

In the UU, does Bobby cover his entire body with ice or does he convert his body into ice?

I believe his second mutation was that he turned completely into ice...before that, I'm not sure what the transformation was like.

Of course, back in the old days he looked more like a snowman than an iceblock...

In 616, it wasn't until he met Colossus's brother that he could transform his enitre body into ice and even repair himself. But I was curious as to what the deal was for the Ultimate Universe.

icemastertron said:

Bobby has done this sort of thing in 616, its just not used much

he can take moisture from the air to basically manipulate his form to any extent. It was Emma Frost who first used these powers, while controlling him.

AoA was the perfect example of how far this -can- go, i dont think Ultimate Bobby is going to go that far just yet tho

I dont get how blink would get killed in #56, I mean, if it was Blink, couldnt she just have teleported off the island?

The Iceman extending-arm thing is a very nice introduction to his Omega potential (pardon the 616 term.)

I hope the next UXM writer goes down the route of "Blink != Clarice Ferguson", because that line bugged me. And i like Vaughan's writing, but i think it's pretty obvious that he won't be introducing Clarice after he had Mojo drop that line.

Also, Psylocke isn't even dead. She's in Kwannon's body now. (Don't remember what issue, but it was definitely shown.)

I don't recall the number but Psylocke's last appearance to date was in Kwannon's body in part 7 of Return ofthe King, the open day/parents night issue

Dr.Strangefate said:
Bobby has done this sort of thing in 616, its just not used much
Not really. He can make himself bigger as long as he has the right amount of moisture or water in the air.

Bobby doing this now is cool, since before, (in AoA) he could oly do it because Magneto helped him there.

Latest posts

Back