Ultimate X-Men #64 (Discussion/spoilers).

How would you rate this issue

Votes: 14 48.3%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hawkeye101 said:
When the insert for issue 65 says: the Final fate of the Master of Magnetism, does anyone else think that Magnto dies as a result o somany factions throwing down in the Triskelion?

(I hope he doesn't, Mags is the best)
Errrr...no. They're talking about his fate of either finally escaping, or being trapped longer in the cell.

icemastertron said:
Errrr...no. They're talking about his fate of either finally escaping, or being trapped longer in the cell.

final fate says to me, death.

TheManWithoutFear said:
5 stars.

Vaughan is the ****ing man!

Cypher's reaction to Emma was hilarious.

The tension between Ultimates and Quicksilver/Wanda was entertaining.

Um uh... where we at after the preview.

Yeah, Magneto is the baddest villain in the Ultimate Universe. Hitting Lorna like that was crazy evil. Big question I have is how did he know he was going to get out? Who was informing him. It'd be cool if Vaughan used the traitor that Millar is useing. It doesn't even have to be mentioned in the Ultimates just a little side thing the traitor did... then again how much sense would that make? But I really hope we find out who was helping Magneto from the inside.

The fight between The Ultimates and The X-Men was awesome. I love the similarities between Havok and Cyclops. The whole leadership/strategic thinking was well put. Northstar's hitting on Colossus was... cute... I guess. Strangfate you can take that one away. But Colossus waivering because Northstar tried to convince him.

Blue Mystique... not impressed. They didn't even have to make her blue at all. I don't need a blue Mystique keep her mysterious never reveal her true form to the audience/brotherhood and only have Charles and Magneto know who she is.

Magneto/Mystique eh? This is gonna be awesome if Chuck shows up.... I would like to know why she hasn't shown up in other brotherhood appearances.

Dazzler....

Awesome with the rings getting torn off... and all I have to say is she better be dead!!! Vaughan definitely has the balls to do it and it open up perfectly for Angel to take a turn to the darkside.

So I wonder what the Trisk prisoners are gonna do now that everyone's got a chance to escape.

I want the entire Magnetic North arc now!!!!

10/5 one of the best UXM issues I've ever read.

i hope she's not dead she's the only one on the team that doesn't folloy xavier around like a lost puppy

anyone think that this might also be a turning point for dazzler?
being stabbed by storms old friend could cause a rift between the two for storm not having taken care of her old friend when she had the chance

and might even send her over to magneto's side?

Hawkeye101 said:
final fate says to me, death.

"Final fate" in a Marvel book says, to me, "blatent misdirection."

"sucks to be you" :twisted:

I doubt anyone can stop mags after he out of the cell unless Professorx comes along. Anyone think any spidey villains will break out too?

5/5

SLIGHT SPOILERS
Bryan Singer said he didn't wanna do another "Magneto breaks out" scene- he did that in X2. So I'd wager Vaughn has Magneto cleanly escape at the end and leave him out there so when Singer's run happens, Magneto is available for use.

Shockmuffin said:
SLIGHT SPOILERS
Bryan Singer said he didn't wanna do another "Magneto breaks out" scene- he did that in X2. So I'd wager Vaughn has Magneto cleanly escape at the end and leave him out there so when Singer's run happens, Magneto is available for use.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Singer et al specifically asked Vaughan if he would break Magneto out for them.

Loved the issue. But Havok did seem extremely over-powered. I mean, Colossus punched Iron Man as Iron Man was flying at him fast, and it didn't wreck the suit or knock him out. He took a hit from the friggin Hulk and was ok.

Also, why in god's name has Iceman not learned that he is the only person who can balance on ice. Oh, its a speedster. Hey, instead of icing the ground, which isn't moving, and thus ensuring the speedster falls, taking away his greatest asset, let's try to ice him, even though he's faster than a freaking bullet and i'm standing next to Captain America! Gosh! Idiot!

iceman said:
Loved the issue. But Havok did seem extremely over-powered. I mean, Colossus punched Iron Man as Iron Man was flying at him fast, and it didn't wreck the suit or knock him out. He took a hit from the friggin Hulk and was ok.
Havok's power is solar based (does not mean he needs the sun to use his powers) and his blast CAN be EXTREMELY powerful.

iceman said:
Also, why in god's name has Iceman not learned that he is the only person who can balance on ice. Oh, its a speedster. Hey, instead of icing the ground, which isn't moving, and thus ensuring the speedster falls, taking away his greatest asset, let's try to ice him, even though he's faster than a freaking bullet and i'm standing next to Captain America! Gosh! Idiot!
Because the way people like to write Iceman now awadays, seem to take the "not thinking as always, so acts like an idiot 24/7" route.

shadowcleric said:
i hope she's not dead she's the only one on the team that doesn't folloy xavier around like a lost puppy
Yeah, you're right. Colossus never says anything to him and Jean wasn't just shown questioning him. I'm sure some other have their doubts too but aren't showcased. Not Cyclops though because he's the best X-Man and not an idiot. Wolverine trusts him too.

UltimateE said:
"Final fate" in a Marvel book says, to me, "blatent misdirection."

I agree

TheManWithoutFear said:
Wolverine trusts him too.

Really?

I think it's much more of a mutual respect than it is a trust. He'll listen to Xavier when he feels like it, but I don't think he'll listen if he doesn't want to do whatever they have him doing.

He's still a killer, despite everything. Fury has seen to that.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Really?

I think it's much more of a mutual respect than it is a trust. He'll listen to Xavier when he feels like it, but I don't think he'll listen if he doesn't want to do whatever they have him doing.

He's still a killer, despite everything. Fury has seen to that.
Respects about right. But either way I mean he knows Charles missions are for a better good otherwise we'd see him leading the arguments that Colossus already does at the briefings.

I found the issue to be very disappointing.

It's been hyped since last issue we'll see the Ultimates fight the X-Men. So why do we get page after page of them *****-footing around to come up with a weak-*** excuse to fight? I want the fight. You want the fight. Why can't we just have the fight? This is one of those times you just let rip.

Wouldn't it have been better instead of Alex and the others breaking Lorna out, it was Colossus, and Dazzler, and other X-Men? They find out Lorna is with Magneto. You don't need Alex! Or Emma or Northstar! Why not have Colossus get those guys on his side and go straight through the Ultimates so the X-Men are caught in between, with Cyclops really being messed up; Side with his brother, his teammates, and his ex-girlfriend, or the Ultimates and the Professor and his other teammates.

No. Instead we have a bunch of misfits from Emma's school go to break out Polaris. The Ultimates and the X-Men want to stop them, and Vaughan spends pages on coming up with a stupid reason for them to fight: Because Iceman accidentally blasted Captain America with a ice beam. Then everyone punches each other once, then, stops. Because they didn't want to fight anyway.

Whatever.

The Ultimates are supposed to be a professional military unit, not a bunch of argumentative, stupid, drunken teens, which is how they came off here.

Despite that; Magneto rocked. So does Forge. Dazzler was very good, and her piercings being ripped from her face was very clever. Dazzler's lots of fun. The cliffhanger was pretty good too.

All in all? Disappointing, but the ending salvaged it somewhat.

Bass said:

It's been hyped since last issue we'll see the Ultimates fight the X-Men. So why do we get page after page of them *****-footing around to come up with a weak-*** excuse to fight? I want the fight. You want the fight. Why can't we just have the fight? This is one of those times you just let rip.

Wouldn't it have been better instead of Alex and the others breaking Lorna out, it was Colossus, and Dazzler, and other X-Men? They find out Lorna is with Magneto. You don't need Alex! Or Emma or Northstar! Why not have Colossus get those guys on his side and go straight through the Ultimates so the X-Men are caught in between, with Cyclops really being messed up; Side with his brother, his teammates, and his ex-girlfriend, or the Ultimates and the Professor and his other teammates.

No. Instead we have a bunch of misfits from Emma's school go to break out Polaris. The Ultimates and the X-Men want to stop them, and Vaughan spends pages on coming up with a stupid reason for them to fight: Because Iceman accidentally blasted Captain America with a ice beam. Then everyone punches each other once, then, stops. Because they didn't want to fight anyway.

Whatever.

The Ultimates are supposed to be a professional military unit, not a bunch of argumentative, stupid, drunken teens, which is how they came off here.

Despite that; Magneto rocked. So does Forge. Dazzler was very good, and her piercings being ripped from her face was very clever. Dazzler's lots of fun. The cliffhanger was pretty good too.

Don't lie. You loooooooooooooved every panel of it. You smelled it like hot pancakes on your laps. Looked at it like wanting to marry it. Listened to it like you listen to yourself (you big egotistical maniac!) Touched the pages like.....actually, I shouldn't go there. Tasted it like.....the hell?! You taste comics?! Dear God, you are insane, Bass!

Bass said:

Whatever.

You are TOUGH!!!

Latest posts

Back