Ultimate X-Men #64 (Discussion/spoilers).

How would you rate this issue

Votes: 14 48.3%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hawkeye101 said:
You weren't, obvioulsly.

Any clues or ideas what date night will be about?
More of social action than real action. I think Scott, Jean, Logan, Storm, Kitty and Peter will be going on a date and Bobby and Peter with show some tension when Peter goes to pick her up. Logan and Scott with show tension with Jean which will set Storm off against either Logan or Jean... and it will just be the most awkward UXM issue ever. Also will focus on Colossus either being single or Paul and will be included making fun of how everyone else can't just be in love like they are.

Hawkeye101 said:
You weren't, obvioulsly.

Any clues or ideas what date night will be about?
Well, if you read the interview:

Robert Kirkman said:
The X-Men have just been through a lot. It's pretty much been non-stop since the beginning, really. So I'm giving them the night off. "Date Night" is a three-part storyline where the X-Men all go out and have fun for a night. It's going to be a lot of fun... but y'know, things never really go all that smoothly for the X-Men so there will be some bumps in the road along the way.

DIrishB said:
Just one more, #65, out next month. Then the X-Men/FF crossover 2-issue series for December and January, and then I think UXM starts shipping regularly again in February with #66, the beginning of Kirkman's run, the first arc of which is a three issue story called "Date Night" (running through UXM #66-69).

UXM/UFF comes out in December, then UFF/UXM finishes the story in February.

I think I see the X-Men Annual running pretty close to the Magnetic North Arc.

I would be surprised if his body is already in the Triskelion (or whether it would go to such a high level SHIELD facility at all)...

Anyways... people who are getting this via subscription would be thrown by something like that without a little blurb at the top of the story...

That having been said, yes I think It would be cool, no I dont think it will happen.

EVIL is right. Lady Deathstrike should be completely ****ed up and not skewering Dazzler.

I have to say I can't stand this arc. The art I don't like, but I can get past that. Its just that the X-men train all the time in combat simulations, the should know team work, and it just seems so forced to have them start argueing with the Ultimates when they know for a fact that their target will be there any second you would think Cap would say "Alright fine, but you take orders from me." Its just so childish and fake, I cant stand it. And also HOW is it that no one is watching Magneto? The most dangerous superpower terrorist in custody you would think they would have 50 guys at once monitoring this guy. Its like what the hell once they got the Ultimates they fired everyone else? I remember in Ultimates vol 1 they had 2 dozen men monitoring Fury and Banner's conversation, and they were good guys, they dont watch the world's most dangerous terrorist? What they crap? I really cant stand that bull ****.

Random said:
I have to say I can't stand this arc. The art I don't like, but I can get past that. Its just that the X-men train all the time in combat simulations, the should know team work, and it just seems so forced to have them start argueing with the Ultimates when they know for a fact that their target will be there any second you would think Cap would say "Alright fine, but you take orders from me." Its just so childish and fake, I cant stand it. And also HOW is it that no one is watching Magneto? The most dangerous superpower terrorist in custody you would think they would have 50 guys at once monitoring this guy. Its like what the hell once they got the Ultimates they fired everyone else? I remember in Ultimates vol 1 they had 2 dozen men monitoring Fury and Banner's conversation, and they were good guys, they dont watch the world's most dangerous terrorist? What they crap? I really cant stand that bull ****.
Easy sqeezy lemon peezy. You still have one issue left.

And with how this Cap works, you really expect him to say its fine, but to take order from him? HA! No matter how much you train as a team, there will ALWAYS be circumstances were things go wrong. Don't expect that just becasue these guys train together, everything will go fine. Because that is how you are coming off.

Since Lady Deathstrike had metal all over, Magneto should rip her skeleton out since she isn't a mutant. Since Mags had a ****ed up way of looking at things, since Lady D hates Ororo so much, and Ororo is a Mutant, Magneto will think it is a way of protecting a mutant.

Hawkeye101 said:
Since Lady Deathstrike had metal all over, Magneto should rip her skeleton out since she isn't a mutant. Since Mags had a ****ed up way of looking at things, since Lady D hates Ororo so much, and Ororo is a Mutant, Magneto will think it is a way of protecting a mutant.
Since when does Magneto have Omniscient powers? How's he supposed to know what's going on in the other prisoner cells. He probably got away from where he was being contained and is now ripping apart the entire facility regardless of whose in there. Magneto cares about mutants so much he'd go out of his way to protect Storm? That's why he smacked Lorna so bad too. Ultimate Magneto's a jackass.

Caduceus said:
With wacky hijinks

Naturally.

icemastertron said:
Notice this will be a second December in a row with no UXM.

Huh, hadn't noticed. Interesting. Maybe the X-Men are too busy with the holidays to have any adventures.

roguefan said:
UXM #66 is out January.

True. So I'm wondering if since X-Men/FF is replacing UXM for a month, if FF/X-Men #1 won't replace UFF for February or something. As it stands now thats when UFF #28 should ship, meaning it would leave a month hiatus in between the arc, but its happened before.

Lynx said:
UXM/UFF comes out in December, then UFF/UXM finishes the story in February.

Right, that was a boo-boo on my part.

Hawkeye101 said:

:?

Hey, looks like I made my first post here by proxy thanks to Man Without Fear.

Overall, high on entertainment but low on common sense.

Entertainment : Under Vaugn, and especially this arc, the dialogues are top notch and characterization is great (except arguably for Iceman if you like him more mature).

On the other hand, this issue shows us that the whole Magneto scheme makes no sense. Unless we get a big reveal, the whole point of framing Polaris was to cause Havok and co to brashly attack the Triskelion, thus drawing the superheros out, right? We've been shown that Forge and Mystique can easily infiltrate the base as long as they are only facing mundane guards and security.

In this case, I've got news for you, none of the Superheros actually live in the Triskelion. Jan and Steve have an appartment, Clint a home with his family, I'm guessing Natascha lives with her fiancee in his mansion... Only the twins are in doubt but we have no reason to believe they are at the Triskelion 24/7.

Without Havok rushing to the Triskelion, Cap and co would likely be even farther away from the Triskelion than they are now! Heck, Ironman and widow wouldn't even be suited.

But hey, I'm having fun reading it. It's just not the way I would go about being a super villain.

Entertainment : Under Vaugn, and especially this arc, the dialogues are top notch and characterization is great (except arguably for Iceman if you like him more mature).

On the other hand, this issue shows us that the whole Magneto scheme makes no sense. Unless we get a big reveal, the whole point of framing Polaris was to cause Havok and co to brashly attack the Triskelion, thus drawing the superheros out, right? We've been shown that Forge and Mystique can easily infiltrate the base as long as they are only facing mundane guards and security.

In this case, I've got news for you, none of the Superheros actually live in the Triskelion. Jan and Steve have an appartment, Clint a home with his family, I'm guessing Natascha lives with her fiancee in his mansion... Only the twins are in doubt but we have no reason to believe they are at the Triskelion 24/7.

Without Havok rushing to the Triskelion, Cap and co would likely be even farther away from the Triskelion than they are now! Heck, Ironman and widow wouldn't even be suited.

But hey, I'm having fun reading it. It's just not the way I would go about being a super villain.

E.Vi.L. said:

Yeah, you being named E.Vi.L:twisted:

E.Vi.L. said:
but we have no reason to believe they are at the Triskelion 24/7.
Could have been some sort of meeting or something else. But is that REALLY important to know why they were there? If you want one, remember that Scarlet Witch was coming back from getting a prioner, and you know how Quicksilver is with here. And with Polaris going into Magneto's cell, you gotta have good defense. :wink:

icemastertron said:
Could have been some sort of meeting or something else. But is that REALLY important to know why they were there? If you want one, remember that Scarlet Witch was coming back from getting a prioner, and you know how Quicksilver is with here. And with Polaris going into Magneto's cell, you gotta have good defense. :wink:

Besides, between Scarlet Witche's teleportation and QS speed, they'd be at the Triskeleon in a matter of Nano seconds anyway.

I don't need a reason for them to be in the Triskelion. I'm just pointing out that the none of the "Supers" actually live inside the Triskelion AFAIK and therefore you don't need a convoluted plot to drag them out of the way since they are normally out of the way when there is no crisis to handle.

Instead of inventing a weird machine to scramble Polaris powers, Forge could have simply cracked the frequency used to page the "supers" in case of emergency. Then you patiently wait for them to go do what superheros do when they are not saving the world, infiltrate the Triskelion and jam any call for helps to buy you enough time.

It's even less "super science" than the magnetic gizmo he invented and a lot more efficient. Confusions amongst a dozens of super heros near the Triskelion while all the prisoners are about to make an escape is good... But no super heros at all while the prisoners run amok is even better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back