Ultimate X-Men #64 (Discussion/spoilers).

How would you rate this issue

Votes: 14 48.3%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkeye101

The Ultimates vs. Havok vs. the X-Men vs. Brotherhood vs. Triskeleion inmates. That was the cliff hanger at the end of Magnetic North part 4. All in all I FREAKING LOVED IT! Five STARS!

Vaugn has everything in it! The tension between the Ultimates and the X-Men (the Ultimate Nightmare reference was GREAT!) The Tension between the X-Men and the Twins was a treat! And then Magneto's escape it was ORGASMIC. The "Relax, Natasha, we thawed him once we can do it again" was just tingling. Scarlet Witch getting more action was sweet too. She even got the better of Marvel Girl. The fact that Northstar started to put the moves on Colossus, and Tony's line about dangerous women, And Finally seeing the blue Mystique we know and love. And then from what we can assume, Dazzler biting the dust.

My only beef, what was stopping Scarlet Witch from using her powers when Colossus had her down. Other than that, it was like reading an issue of Ultimates.

When making a new dicussion thread, DO NOT forget to mark the title with spoilers, and let people know that the thread is open for discussion on the issue itself.

icemastertron said:
When making a new dicussion thread, DO NOT forget to mark the title with spoilers, and let people know that the thread is open for discussion on the issue itself.

Sorry, I keep on forgetting. I've written it on the tack board next to my computer now so. . .

X-Men 64 people, what you think!

5 stars.

Vaughan is the ****ing man!

Cypher's reaction to Emma was hilarious.

The tension between Ultimates and Quicksilver/Wanda was entertaining.

Um uh... where we at after the preview.

Yeah, Magneto is the baddest villain in the Ultimate Universe. Hitting Lorna like that was crazy evil. Big question I have is how did he know he was going to get out? Who was informing him. It'd be cool if Vaughan used the traitor that Millar is useing. It doesn't even have to be mentioned in the Ultimates just a little side thing the traitor did... then again how much sense would that make? But I really hope we find out who was helping Magneto from the inside.

The fight between The Ultimates and The X-Men was awesome. I love the similarities between Havok and Cyclops. The whole leadership/strategic thinking was well put. Northstar's hitting on Colossus was... cute... I guess. Strangfate you can take that one away. But Colossus waivering because Northstar tried to convince him.

Blue Mystique... not impressed. They didn't even have to make her blue at all. I don't need a blue Mystique keep her mysterious never reveal her true form to the audience/brotherhood and only have Charles and Magneto know who she is.

Magneto/Mystique eh? This is gonna be awesome if Chuck shows up.... I would like to know why she hasn't shown up in other brotherhood appearances.

Dazzler....

Awesome with the rings getting torn off... and all I have to say is she better be dead!!! Vaughan definitely has the balls to do it and it open up perfectly for Angel to take a turn to the darkside.

So I wonder what the Trisk prisoners are gonna do now that everyone's got a chance to escape.

I want the entire Magnetic North arc now!!!!

10/5 one of the best UXM issues I've ever read.

If Dazzler dies, that definetly opens up a possibility of Archangel.

Which leads into Apocalypse. . .I want Ultimate Apocalypse to show up again SO BAD! :cry:

I liked this issue quite a bit, as usual with Vaughan. The dude's the man. Loved the Ultimate Nightmare reference, loved the X-Men vs. Ultimates fight, liked the fact that Vaughan is planting seeds for an actual relationship for Colossus and Northstar, liked how Magneto bashed Lorna in the face with a chair and called her fat, loved seeing Ultimate Mystique looks much the same as 616 Mystique, loved how Dazzler's piercings all ripped out due to Magneto (I guess this is the closest we'll see to the Fatal Attractions storyline where Mags ripped Wolverine's adamantium skeleton off), and loved how Dazzler got stuck by Deathstrike (not because I don't like Dazzler, she's one of the more interesting characters, but in how it will affect Angel in the near future...its almost a given this will push him into the Archangel persona, and hopefully Apocalypse makes an appearance. Overall I rate this one a 5 out of 5, good stuff as usual from Vaughan.

My big fat complaint about this issue was that Vaughn seemed to have to come up with an excuse for the Ultimates and the X-Men to tussle, and it was rather weak (Iceman accidently freezing Cap). I mean, the Ultimates SAW what happened, they didn't need to attack right off.

And Havok seemed a little over-powered, taking out both Iron Man and Black Widow with one shot.

Otherwise, I'm anxious to see how this ends. Not well, indicated by the cliffhanger.

Shockmuffin said:
My big fat complaint about this issue was that Vaughn seemed to have to come up with an excuse for the Ultimates and the X-Men to tussle, and it was rather weak (Iceman accidently freezing Cap). I mean, the Ultimates SAW what happened, they didn't need to attack right off.

This is a problem a lot of readers have. The X-Men and The Ultimates are two superpowered teams and should always get along like this issue portrayed them. It's like putting the bullet into the gun. It's gonna go off. They're always meeting under stressful situation and one mistake just makes things escalate. I have no problem with them ever fighting.

Vaughan wasn't kidding when he said this arc had it all.

As I said before, the Nightmare reference was great. In fact, the whole issue was great...up until the Dazzler scene at the end. I dunno, it just seemed forced. I'm kind of waiting to see what happens before thinking too much about it.

How about Magneto? Man, he is one nasty guy. Quite a contrast to the Mags we're seeing in House of M.

How interesting would it be too see a continuation of the Dazzler scene like her dying and Angel going bezerk on Lady Deathstrike. While he's fighting with her Sinister walks over to Dazzler's body and starts his little ritual he did with the kids deadbodies in Tempest that we never really saw.

ultimatedjf said:
I agree with your complaint Shockmuffin. But Other than that, one of the best UXM issues ever (yes, I've thought that statement over). ! :D

5/5
I haven't read the issue, just the discussion, and I agree with you.

They're making Jean-Paul sassy AND powerful!!!!!

Hells yeah!

Seriously though, do you think they've made him on par with Pietro? And When is our boy gonna fly? (I know i'm not one for keeping everything the same, but Northstar isn't really a name that makes sense for something on the ground) Does anyone think he'll be able to release flashes of light without his sister? And where is Aurora?

Those are just a few of my questions... so I'll save the rest for later.

I'm looking forward to some more JP development, if he doesn't come into the mansion at the end of the arc, I might scream! (That is, unless he's back to living in NYC, but still dating Peter).

Everything else was freaking AMAZING...

I would bet Mystique is impersonating a SHIELD member to get access... Remember how Captain America liked to visit Magneto? Isn't that a little out of character for him to want to guilt a mass-murderer? He didn't do that to Bruce Banner at all... Maybe there's been a fake Cap coming in every now and then... But I don't think that's right, just another theory.

Hmm... yeah

5/5

When did Captain America like visiting Magneto?

ProjectX2 said:
When did Captain America like visiting Magneto?

Back when he was first imprisoned, as Xavier was leaving, Cap entered spouting some line, and Magnus said something like "that wasn't funny the first fifteen times..."

Implying that Cap's been making regular visits

I have to agree with MWoF on the whole 'forced' fight in UXM 64. 'Force' was Ultimate Nightmare. Cap was specifically telling Iceman not to do anything to Northstar, after he told them to leave because they are civilians. Iceman did not obey, and Wasp had the right of way, considering her job is to police super-humans, in taking Iceman out. Marvel Girl was wrong by further instegating it (especially since she could have read Jean Paul's mind and known that Northstar was doing it to get them to fight). And now look, the X-Men and the Ultimates are out, and no one is stopping Magneto from leaving. I'm seriously finding the last issue of this Magneto just leaving to re-form the brotherhood, and Charles and Emma presenting the footage to release Polaris. In return, like he did for Rogue, Fury is going to let Havok and Northstar go free if they stay at Xavier's and Polaris os going to join them. Emma might too. Dazzler is done and so is Angel as far as I'm concerned.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I would bet Mystique is impersonating a SHIELD member to get access... Remember how Captain America liked to visit Magneto? Isn't that a little out of character for him to want to guilt a mass-murderer? He didn't do that to Bruce Banner at all... Maybe there's been a fake Cap coming in every now and then... But I don't think that's right, just another theory.

Hmm... yeah

5/5

I'm really holding off on being ridiculous and tying in The Ultimates and SHIELD but Mystique impersonating Captain America the entire time to level out The Ultimates would be kinda cool. I mean Thor's locked up, Hawkeye isn't there... I dunno about the timeline and how it all fits in but ther's like a .00001% chance in my mind.

5/5

Masterful issue. With only one issue left, it'll definetly be sad to see BKV go. Everything in this issue was simply genius.

If you read the letters column, they are really hyping the next issue. It sounds like BKV is going to wrap up Tempest, Cry Wolf, The Most Dangerous Game, Shock and Awe, AND Magnetic North all next issue, since they describe all previous villians reacting to Magneto's escape (Sinister, Longshot and Deathstrike are all down there. . .), and a possible connection to Gambit.

When the insert for issue 65 says: the Final fate of the Master of Magnetism, does anyone else think that Magnto dies as a result o somany factions throwing down in the Triskelion?

(I hope he doesn't, Mags is the best)

Latest posts

Back