Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

I don't consider the book boring and I think Goodwill's comment of it being so (hopefully) was just worded the wrong way. Which, unfortunately, gave some ammo to the opposing critics. I'm still stickin' with my opinion of the issue. I thought it was good.

Uh...I had heard weird things that colossus was a closet homo and that he agreed to go to prom with...I think it was Ultimate Northstar. The guy that survived being shot by Sinister. I also heard that Nightcrawler was going to come out to colossus as either bi or homosexual. That's all I got so far.

J. Agamemnon said:
Uh...I had heard weird things that colossus was a closet homo and that he agreed to go to prom with...I think it was Ultimate Northstar. The guy that survived being shot by Sinister. I also heard that Nightcrawler was going to come out to colossus as either bi or homosexual. That's all I got so far.

Welcome JA. Yeah Colossus came out of the closet in Magnetic North. As for Nightcrawler, it hasnt had any signs of him being gay, in fact he's a bit of a homophobe. These rumours came about from a future solicitation which stated that Nightcrawler will find that him and Colossus find some things they have in common. Hopefully this does not mean Nightcrawler is gay. I like Nightcrawler being a ladies man like 616 :p

Nurhachi said:
Welcome JA. Yeah Colossus came out of the closet in Magnetic North. As for Nightcrawler, it hasnt had any signs of him being gay, in fact he's a bit of a homophobe. These rumours came about from a future solicitation which stated that Nightcrawler will find that him and Colossus find some things they have in common. Hopefully this does not mean Nightcrawler is gay. I like Nightcrawler being a ladies man like 616 :p

I found out today that the common secret Nightcrawler and Colossus both have is they're Communists. Colosus is just a homo-commie.

Nightcrawler had a crush on Dazzler. He's not gay. I think the common ground will be found in a simple understanding of Colossus' preference. That's simple enough, right?

Nurhachi said:

thanks for the welcome. I've been trying to find a place like this for about three months. So I guess the colossus thing is true. That thing with NIghtcrawler makes sense that he's a phobe. Nightcrawlers' one of the few that I actually liked. Wolverine's my fave, then Colossus, because he's Russian. Then Nightcrawler and Beast. AND Damn that effing sucks that beast is dead. They could have used him later on with UFF. Again thanks for the welcome

J. Agamemnon said:
AND Damn that effing sucks that beast is dead. They could have used him later on with UFF.

We had a theory a long time ago (put forth by longshotjimless if I'm not mistaken) that Beast would return and join the Ultimates, thanks to Sam Wilson's jungle drugs.

I thought that was a darn good theory.

But I'm veering off topic. let's straighten the ship and get back to the monstrosity that is Ultimate X-Men #66.

UltimateE said:
We had a theory a long time ago (put forth by longshotjimless if I'm not mistaken) that Beast would return and join the Ultimates, thanks to Sam Wilson's jungle drugs.

I'd not heard that one.

That's a damn good idea.

UltimateE said:

Bloody brilliant!!!! [/ronweasely]

UltimateE said:
But I'm veering off topic. let's straighten the ship and get back to the monstrosity that is Ultimate X-Men #66.

Sigh......if we must. But I was really looking forward to more talk of jungle drugs. :wink:

Bass said:
I'd not heard that one.

That's a damn good idea.
Yay, I get to use my first post to disagree with the new mod.

Why can't Beast just stay dead? I like when comic characters die and actually stay dead. Besides they'd have to rob his grave at the Xavier institute. I don't see that going over well with the X-men. And he's probably pretty decayed by now. He'd look like a zombie. A big blue furry zombie.

As for #66 it sucked.

McCheese said:

Why can't Beast just stay dead? I like when comic characters die and actually stay dead. Besides they'd have to rob his grave at the Xavier institute. I don't see that going over well with the X-men. And he's probably pretty decayed by now. He'd look like a zombie. A big blue furry zombie.

As for #66 it sucked.

Welcome, I kinda agree with you.

And I like your avatar.

"Agitate the hell out of this python!" - Dr. Weird

As for resurrection, it is on my "don'ts" list, especially if it concerns "jungle drugs". That sounds too much like Kraven.

McCheese said:
Thanks. I almost went with Carl. ATHF forever!!!!

"How'd you get in here Carl?"

"Through the window you jackass!"

Carl, he's one bad mother.

McCheese said:

Let the sparring begin! "YOU FIGHT LIKE A COW!"

McCheese said:

It's not so much that Beast MUST be brought back from the dead. It's just I thought it was a damn fine way to bring Beast back. It's a way that is set up in the Ultimate universe as opposed to say, Beast not being the real Beast, but an imposter who was pretending to be his twin-brother pretending to Beast.

Plus, I think it would be brilliant if every Marvel story was specifically designed to retcon something Bendis did.

McCheese said:
As for #66 it sucked.

Ja, ja, it did McCheese.

Bass said:
Let the sparring begin! "YOU FIGHT LIKE A COW!"
An American cow.

It's not so much that Beast MUST be brought back from the dead. It's just I thought it was a damn fine way to bring Beast back. It's a way that is set up in the Ultimate universe as opposed to say, Beast not being the real Beast, but an imposter who was pretending to be his twin-brother pretending to Beast.

Plus, I think it would be brilliant if every Marvel story was specifically designed to retcon something Bendis did.
I was looking forward to sparring with you, but I actually agree on all points.

Ja, ja, it did McCheese.
See we agree again. ****

Last edited:
Don't worry McCheese, you've just failed horribly at life.

McCheese said:
An American cow.

See, this is not correct. The correct response is "How appropriate, you fight like a dairy farmer."

Actually, it isn't. I should've said, "You fight like a dairy farmer!" to wit, you say, "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Nuts.

Okay, let's try again. This time, you've got to rhyme.

"EN GUARD! TOUCHE!"

Bass said:
Don't worry McCheese, you've just failed horribly at life.
Why do I continually fail at life?:cry: Oh well it could be worse, I could be English.:wink:

See, this is not correct. The correct response is "How appropriate, you fight like a dairy farmer."

Actually, it isn't. I should've said, "You fight like a dairy farmer!" to wit, you say, "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Nuts.

Okay, let's try again. This time, you've got to rhyme.

"EN GUARD! TOUCHE!"
Nothing ****ing rhymes with touche!

Last edited:
The response is, "Oh, how cliche!"

We will continue our sparring another time, n00b.

For now, let us accept that #66 was really quite dull and leave it at that.

Latest posts

Back