Ultimate X-Men #80 discussion (spoilers)

Time travel doesn't bother me too much. I actually like how it's not "that far" into the future. A couple decades. So we could actually see events leading up to that future, such as Bishop.

Also, I just noticed UXM is rated T+ while both USM and UFF are rated A. Interesting.

Wow, Xavier was dead for a whole issue!

This means sometime soon we're going to go into the future to save him.

MORE TIME TRAVEL! YAY!

Seriously though, as long as it's done good I don't care if there's more time travel...but it needs to end.
I think it's fine. It's not being overdone, and the X-Men aren't heading somewhere in time every other issue. And I doubt the X-Men will go save them. They have no clue as to the real truth, and the only way for them to find out is if someone comes from the future. And if/when Xavier does come back in whatever issue, he'll likely escape on his own somehow (the way it should happen).

With the world convinced that Xavier is dead, though, there are most likely consequences in both time frames... Cable, in the future, will most likely become more powerful now that people are convinced he killed off Xavier.

You know, thinking about it, the fact that the future hasn't seemed to have changed at all, I think Cable's plan wasn't really to change anything, but he has to kind of "point the way" or whatever to lead the future to what it is. I don't know exactly what I'm talking about.

Yeah, this was really good. I'm excited to see where this is going.

That didn't take long with Xavier. But duh, no surprise there. Still awesome though.

Now just make Cable not Wolverine and we'll be perfect.

I still really like Calverine.

By the look of it Bishop might take up Scotts offer and start his own X-men.

That would be cool

By the look of it Bishop might take up Scotts offer and start his own X-men.

That would be cool

I disagree.

There needs to be one X-team. ONE. Things get confusing when 500 billion X-teams existed, all at different times and all kinds of crazy characters are introduced to just WHAM! be forgotten about when people realize that no one cares about X-books that don't involve a classic team of X-men.

Blargh!!

I disagree.

There needs to be one X-team. ONE. Things get confusing when 500 billion X-teams existed, all at different times and all kinds of crazy characters are introduced to just WHAM! be forgotten about when people realize that no one cares about X-books that don't involve a classic team of X-men.

Blargh!!

There will be one X-Men team. Scott disbanded the X-Men and converted the school into more of a 616 Morrison-era school that accepts all mutants.

If there's any X-Men team at all now (and I somehow suspect there will be), it will be Bishop's.

There will be one X-Men team. Scott disbanded the X-Men and converted the school into more of a 616 Morrison-era school that accepts all mutants.

If there's any X-Men team at all now (and I somehow suspect there will be), it will be Bishop's.

I know. I read the issue. What I meant was that I don't like the idea of there being a bunch of different X-men teams lead by different people with bunches of different members. I think that there should be one everlasting (maybe broken up every once and awhile) team where members come and go.

I know. I read the issue. What I meant was that I don't like the idea of there being a bunch of different X-men teams lead by different people with bunches of different members. I think that there should be one everlasting (maybe broken up every once and awhile) team where members come and go.

You say it like this is the first time this happends

I get what you mean but Scott jsut disbanded the team and most of the members have left anyway.

And for what ive seen Bishop seems like a capable leader

I can already see the X-Men getting Reed Richards to help them travel into the future to rescue Xavier.

In the meantime, Bishop is going to reform the X-Men. Jean's going to be manipulated by the Shiar *rolls eyes* and ultimately revealed as a pawn of the Hellfire Club in a plot to control the Phoenix and a bunch of other crap that's going to be terrible.

I wish someone could figure out a way to undo all the crap the Kirkman has started. Make Sabertooth not Wolverine's son, make Cable not Wolverine, make Charles Xavier not a child molester, make the Shiar aliens not scientologists in disguse, and make Nightcrawler not a psychopath.

I really wish someone would tell Kirkman that he can't ultimize any more characters until he makes the one he has ultimized not suck.

I can already see the X-Men getting Reed Richards to help them travel into the future to rescue Xavier.

In the meantime, Bishop is going to reform the X-Men. Jean's going to be manipulated by the Shiar *rolls eyes* and ultimately revealed as a pawn of the Hellfire Club in a plot to control the Phoenix and a bunch of other crap that's going to be terrible.

I wish someone could figure out a way to undo all the crap the Kirkman has started. Make Sabertooth not Wolverine's son, make Cable not Wolverine, make Charles Xavier not a child molester, make the Shiar aliens not scientologists in disguse, and make Nightcrawler not a psychopath.

I really wish someone would tell Kirkman that he can't ultimize any more characters until he makes the one he has ultimized not suck.

I Nightcrawler isnt Psycho and Sabertooth being Wolverines kid is kinda cool after all Logan is oooold

and the Shiar are humans forcing their belif on people....when did they say they where aliens.

And Xavier isnt a child molester jean is in her late teen wich makes it ok

Last edited:

False!

(Damn. That never gets old)

I like most of the changes Kirkman has enacted, honestly.

Also, does anyone even have an inkling of what Cable's motives might be?

I'm with Zombie on this one.

I like the changes (other than Nightcrawler going crazy).

I hate the 616 Shi-ar so much. I like them as a church that's based off of Scientology, it's actually topical in some odd degree.

I like Charles having the hots for Jean Gray.

Although, I'm on the fence over Sabretooth.

The fence thing is simple, the Sabretooth vs Wolverine thing is old hat. Even the Loeb Wolverine series which is supposed to be THE Sabes and Wolverine fight, is just the same old same old.

So if Sabretooth's around he needs something new.

I like that Sabretooth is saying he's Wolverine's son, since originally in 616 it was the otherway around.

I hate it because Sabretooth should always be the anti-Wolverine much the way Venom should always be the anti-Spidey.

I'm on the fence on it.

Cable as Wolverine's grown on me, and there's still plenty of room for Kirkman to pull a twist that proves he's not Wolverine.

I Nightcrawler isnt Psycho and Sabertooth being Wolverines kid is kinda cool after all Logan is oooold
Nightcrawler kidnapped a woman for the purpose of causing her to form a romantic attraction to him. If one of your friends did that, how would you descrime that?

Sabertooth as Wolverine's son isn't stupid until you realize that every fight between them now can be described as a father/son conflict.
and the Shiar are humans forcing their belif on people....when did they say they where aliens.
As opposed to their 616 counterparts.
And Xavier isnt a child molester jean is in her late teen wich makes it ok
He's in his late forties and is in love with a girl he's known very personally since she was 15. What does that sound like to you?
Also, does anyone even have an inkling of what Cable's motives might be?
Something tells me that he needs this Xavier to correct whatever the Xavier of his time did to the ruin the future for mutants.

Something tells me that he needs this Xavier to correct whatever the Xavier of his time did to the ruin the future for mutants.

I don't know. The impression I got with this issue is that Cable has an ulterior motive that he hasn't revealed yet. I don't think he did all this to "fix the time stream".

I don't know.....maybe it's just me and I need to re-read the issue......but I thought it was explained that Cable didn't make the time jump. He only fooled them into thinking he did.

From what I read---it looks as if Cable is still here in the present and has Charles captive in that tank which obviously blocks his telepathic abilities. Thus the reason why Cerebro can't find him.

I'm not 100% certain on this....but I thought that's what they said. I'll double check later to make sure.

Either way----things are starting to shape up for the book. After reading some more of Kirkman's work, I'm starting to get a feel for his pacing. Each arc flowing into one another.....but with each arc being only 3 issues long, that ain't really so hard.

I'm not loving the art. But I'm not hating it either. Paquette is hit or mis in some panels. He handles the wide, distance shots well. But it's on the close-ups where he falters. Everyone has fishlips.

Still.....a solid book all around.

3/5

Latest posts

Back