Ultimate X-Men: Apocalypse (#90-93)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #93 Spoilers

how the buck does marvel print this kind of crap?
no, really, wtf?
i'm a friggin' moron and i can tell it's crap, why can't marvel?

this is just disappointing

Last edited:

Also - the cover for the next issue looks like Colossus gets AIDS.

A gay character gets AIDS? How novel. Still, it would have been more original than the crap they are gonna publish. COllosus gonna give up his life to save the mutants from the legacy virus? You heared it here first guys!

Everything that can be said about this issue has been said. Its bad, I didnt like it and im pissed off angel is alive again.

Help me out here, in the middle of the two page spread at about the halfway mark, there's a purple-ish-haired eyepatched woman towards the top of the page who looks like she's being restrained by SHIELD folks... am I supposed to know who that is? I don't have the previous issue(s) with me, so it's probably someone prominently featured before and I've forgotten and will feel like an idiot, but any help would be appreciated, cause these things always bug the hell out of me.

Last edited:

:sick:

Another person just doesn't understand Apocalypse. I hope this gets better. This was my first comic series.

Help me out here, in the middle of the two page spread at about the halfway mark, there's a purple-ish-haired eyepatched woman towards the top of the page who looks like she's being restrained by SHIELD folks... am I supposed to know who that is? I don't have the previous issue(s) with me, so it's probably someone prominently featured before and I've forgotten and will feel like an idiot, but any help would be appreciated, cause these things always bug the hell out of me.

Calypso. Morlock two-parter she played the role of breasts standing around while Nightcrawler and mister flat-top guy played King of the Sewers. Her power is that tentacles come out of her eye...the one under the eyepatch.

So far none of the Morlocks have any personality or shown any reason why we needed a poor two-parter story to intro them when they never contribute anything to Kirkman's final story besides being Red shirts and because Angel died and came back....it would have been more personal had Sinister killed some X-Men who came back later instead of 5 (or was it 6) Morlocks.

The whole plotting of this was off so badly, and Kirkman's not said a thing about UXM in a year on any of his site, fansites, or newsites...that I believe he's just given up at some point and went through the motions because he had agreed to do it.

I'm that cynical.

:sick:

Another person just doesn't understand Apocalypse. I hope this gets better. This was my first comic series.

Ditto.

Oh, wow, thanks. I had forgotten they even did a Morlocks story...

I'm pretty sure Kirkman did mention it on his site a while back though.... yeah, here:

My final issue of Ultimate X-Men, issue 93, is almost complete. It's going to be weird not having that book in my life… I sometimes forget how long I've been working on it. 28 issues and an Annual makes it my longest run at Marvel to date. I could have held on and done more issues, just to break Mark Millar's run (33 issues) but I think after you read issue 93 you'll see that I picked a good time to make my exit. I'm very much looking forward to reading Aron Coleite's issues after mine, it'll be cool to see where he takes things.

But he doesn't refer to having fun or enjoying it or being proud of it, just that it was long. Which sounds about right. (I love Invincible and the Walking Dead, I just didn't like his Ultimate X-Men at all)

Walking Dead is a great comic. Never read Invincible. I have no ill feelings towards Kirkman but he just wasn't gelling with X-Men.

I think he could have been better on a title like Fantastic Four, but I may be wrong since my favorite thing of his is quite gory and mature. I don't know why I think he'd do good on Fantastic Four but I do.

This is so bad it's causing Lurkers to come out of their caves again.

And after all the work I did putting them back after The Incident...

Well, my LCS day is happy. I get Ultimate X-Men for another 5 or so issues because I subscribed to it. I only go into the comic shop to get trades of things I know I'll like (through review or downloading purposes) and I get any thing Ellis because he's earned that trust.

So far none of the Morlocks have any personality or shown any reason why we needed a poor two-parter story to intro them when they never contribute anything to Kirkman's final story besides being Red shirts and because Angel died and came back....it would have been more personal had Sinister killed some X-Men who came back later instead of 5 (or was it 6) Morlocks.

That's a good point. It's not like, say, Cyclops was any more lively or integral than Angel toward the end there. Why not kill a bunch of people if it's only a couple of issues?

That's a good point. It's not like, say, Cyclops was any more lively or integral than Angel toward the end there. Why not kill a bunch of people if it's only a couple of issues?

Also there was a scene in an earlier issue, where dazzler said she wanted Angel on the team. And bishop was like "urm..no...well ok then maybe" ..and I was sure there was gonna be some like Arch-angel thing, otherwise why put that in. He should be resurrected with something changed.

But yeah I agree, kirkman's run didn't start great then the cable arc and the cliffhanger seemed very promising and the whole run had the build-ups that kirkman does really well in Invincible, and the overall story wasn't THAT bad. Cable and Bishop working together as a twist at the end was nice but....It's kinda like countdown, you want to like it but it's just not very good.

This sucked!

The whole arc couldn't be more obvious a filler if it would have undressed, painted itself in pink and light green, got up on a car with a megaphone and yelled "Look at me! I'm a filler!".

Nothing ****ing happened!

Oh, and I think the "I blame you Charles" part is not about what he did but what he DIDN'T (succeed to) do: create equality between human and mutants.

Latest posts

Back