Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four Annuals discussion

Hah hah hah! It's like I Am Sam and Corky had a baby, and that baby had cancer and asked Make A Wish to let him write a comic book!

Anybody read part 2 of this yet besides me?

I did, and I don't think I can describe in words what this comic meant to me...

Instead I shall do an intreprative dance. <Dives out a second story window> Ta-da!</Goes to hospital>

Last edited:
It's because of you people that this stuff is happening!

I didn't buy it, I previewed it at Borders. It was a train wreck, I couldn't stop reading it...:shock::shock::shock:

I felt the same way.

Um....well it wasn't as bad as U3. That is about all I can say about it.

And what the hell happend to time spiders? I thought there were time spiders and you couldn't touch your time duplicate or you would explode?

Oh...never mind.

All this set up is REALLY making Ultimatum look like it is going be the biggest steaming pile of poo ever printed. I mean there is no way this can not just totally suck.

I will totally freak out though if Ultimatum is the single greatest piece of literature the world has ever seen.

I will totally freak out though if Ultimatum is the single greatest piece of literature the world has ever seen.

Yeah but they would have to completely ignore everything that has been done in the set up so far and start over.

Unless.....all this god awful set up IS the mystery. It's a brilliant "misdirection". You know, get us looking one way and then BOOM!!!

It's a ***** TRICK!!!

It really is being written by Ellis and Millar and everything we have been reading so far leading up to Ultimatum has been a horrible dream Reed Richards had.

Hmmm...so far I like the sound of that better already.

Ha! Yeah.....that'll happen.

Yeah but they would have to completely ignore everything that has been done in the set up so far and start over.

Unless.....all this god awful set up IS the mystery. It's a brilliant "misdirection". You know, get us looking one way and then BOOM!!!

It's a ***** TRICK!!!

It really is being written by Ellis and Millar and everything we have been reading so far leading up to Ultimatum has been a horrible dream Reed Richards had.

Hmmm...so far I like the sound of that better already.

Ha! Yeah.....that'll happen.

I'm still waiting for UIM to turnout to be Stark's drunken rant.

Nothing that happened in this comic made any sense to me.

The last year of Ultimate comics has felt exactly like the 90's.

This was better than the first one. But still horrible. The art was better.

Meh, it had potential but it was lost in the cheesy dialog and bad characterization and ignoring of continuity. Plus the story is all over the place and just makes no sense.

It seems too "inorganic" in that it seems like just a way to shoe horn the UXM and UFF into position for Ultimatum. It could have been done more gracefully if any of this was being done by competant writers.

Plus I REALLY hated what a c*ck-blocker Johnny was. What a tool. Ben should take him home and rip his legs off.

Meh, it had potential but it was lost in the cheesy dialog and bad characterization and ignoring of continuity. Plus the story is all over the place and just makes no sense.

It seems too "inorganic" in that it seems like just a way to shoe horn the UXM and UFF into position for Ultimatum. It could have been done more gracefully if any of this was being done by competant writers.

what continuity did it ignore? It seemed to me like it flowed right out of what was happening in the previous UXM and UFF stories.

but i definitely agree that it seemed like a rushed, forced story. The whole future-team travelling back in time to stop an event from happening that turns the good guy into a bad guy is a tired, overused plot though...wait...these guys are the writers for Heroes right? Kill the nerd, save the world?

Last edited:
I havent got them yet, could someone explain the whole plot of both issues for me please. cheers.

Latest posts

Back