Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four (discussion & speculation)

Hawkeye101 said:
What? Wha'd I miss.

He doesn't like the artwork.

Cad is our resident cover critic.

The cover. In the solicits thread.

icemastertron said:
ULTXMFF.jpg

Its bad-cartoony and its ugly.

Caduceus said:
The cover. In the solicits thread.

Its bad-cartoony and its ugly.

The art looks fantastic...it's the coloring that I don't care for. It's not Ultimate-y - in an Orson Scott Card kind of way.

UltimateE said:
The art looks fantastic...it's the coloring that I don't care for. It's not Ultimate-y - in an Orson Scott Card kind of way.
Im going with E on this one. The colors just seem too flat.

UltimateE said:
It looks like its been coloured by a genius, but using crayons. Its not fun. That tends to make my opinion of the art worse.

Caduceus said:
It looks like its been coloured by a genius, but using crayons. Its not fun. That tends to make my opinion of the art worse.
That's a good way of putting it, because it REALLY does.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just don't know about this... Anyone else not too happy and not too mention when the X-Men show up at "the fantastic four's" frontsteps, doesn't anyone else think that The Ultimates/SHIELD would show up?

I would imagine that for them to show up would require them to be available to show up. After reading Ultimates 8 I'm thinking not so much.

Baxter said:
Yeah, and even then I don't think we're getting Ultimates/Ultimate Man-Thing anytime soon.

Or are we? :shock:

*sniff* I hope so. Man-Thing never gets his due.

Of course, with a name that brings to mind a male prostitute in San Fran, it's no surprise.

Spade said:
What the heck possessed them to make a 2 part mini with crappy art and story that, btw, is probably the biggest waste of time EVER!!!!!!!! I think there trying to test the durribliity of ultimate fans.

*After the audience stares at him there begins a slow clap from an individual. This clap is then followed by more claps until the whole stadium goes ballistic, cheering!*

Amen brother, amen.

Either tesing durability, or throwing the two final arcs together that havent been written together yet. (And I still think it should be called Ultimate X4).

I'm not really pleased with the story at all. Carey is more creative than this. I'll see what happens and, if these two issues are ever collected in a trade, I might check them out.

Goodwill said:
I'm not really pleased with the story at all. Carey is more creative than this. I'll see what happens and, if these two issues are ever collected in a trade, I might check them out.

They will be collected in an X-Men trade, just as Ultimate War was called an X-men trade. I'm betting on this since the X-Men (technically) have a bigger following.

Honestly though, I'm really not sure what all the complaints are about. We're beginning to sound like the people who protested Dogma because of how "anti-christian" it was, never having actually seen the film, nor taking into account, as Smith likes to point out, that there was a rubber poop monster in it.

You haven't read it yet. Stop focusing on the creativity of something you've not had the chance to read yet.

That said, the colorist of the cover should be spanked with a rolled up newspaper.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
I'm not really pleased with the story at all. Carey is more creative than this.

I agree. This is some of his worst work yet.

:sure:

UltimateE said:
I agree. This is some of his worst work yet.

:sure:

I say give it a chance. Carey's Ultimate work has been pretty good so far and I have faith. Ferry's work seems good as well, it's just the colorist on the cover. As long as they change the colorist for the actual book, we'll be in good shape.

And you all had to know this was comming eventually. :wink:

Lynx said:
I say give it a chance. Carey's Ultimate work has been pretty good so far and I have faith.

I was being sarcastic. Goody said "I'm not really pleased with the story at all."

What story?!

Let's speculate. So the Baxter Building is responsible for stealing cerebro right from under Professor X's nose.... Ok, doubtful. But let's take it from there.

Did the Baxter Building do it? And what qualifies as the Baxter building? The residence inside? The computer that runs the place? (similar to the computer on the savage land taking a mind of it's own)

Or is someone manipulating it again? (Similar to Mad Thinker)

I dunno I can't see how this could not be a bad idea and make sense at all. Anyone have any thoughts? Not on how I said it might be bad but on what's really going on in the story.

Latest posts

Back