Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four (discussion & speculation)

ProjectX2 said:
I'd put money on Thing whamming Colossus.
If Ellis wrote it, Colossus would beat Thing simply because he thinks the character is annoyingly impetuous, then will proceed to make Colossus give a verbal smackdown to Ben.

ourchair said:
If Ellis wrote it, Colossus would beat Thing simply because he thinks the character is annoyingly impetuous, then will proceed to make Colossus give a verbal smackdown to Ben.
Considering how Ellis thoroughly punked out Colossus in Ultimate Nightmare, I figure he'd just have them BOTH kick the stuffing out of each other, until they tumble from a high floor of the Baxter Building and straight into the infirmary.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This arc is gonna make or break Carey for me. I can't wait.

But for me, since Carey writes Lucifer, he has a lot of credit at my patience bank.

I go into this arc as a valiant fanboy firing at everyone "That guy does Lucifer, he's great, just wait and see!".

Seriously, everyone, read Lucifer. It's the one thing I believe surpass V for Vendetta.

My Faith In Carey

E.Vi.L. said:
But for me, since Carey writes Lucifer, he has a lot of credit at my patience bank.

I go into this arc as a valiant fanboy firing at everyone "That guy does Lucifer, he's great, just wait and see!".
Objectively speaking, a more appropriate comparison would be Carey's youth-oriented work, considering the relative ages of the characters in UFF and UXM. For better or worse, that ranges in quality, from mind-blowingly charming and nuanced, while still being accessible (My Faith In Frankie) to cliche-ridden hack jobs that read like Hollywood b-movie fodder (Spellbinders). So I agree with MwoF's make-or-break assessment, for different reasons.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:

I'm looking forward to it, as Carey's issues of UFF were some of the best overall, if not the best. Seriously, The Fantastic, Doom, nor N-Zone were specatular by any means, fun stories sure, just nothing great. Crossover fits that mold as well, and we'll see how Tomb of Namor turns out. But Think Tank in my opinion was the best arc (even though it was the shortest).

E.Vi.L. said:
What he said. Poor doom is made of metal. This wouldn't be an alliance of equals...

:lol:
That's not even the reason why I'd hate it.

Sure, Mad Thinker has been confirmed, but I'd hate to see Magneto and Doom team up in the Ulti-verse without very very very very very good reason.

I don't like villain team-ups as much as the next... wait some people do like senseless villain team ups. Nevermind then.

But I was thinking about something that might actually make sense.

Why would The Mad Thinker go after the X-Men? What would put that idea in her head? I was rereading Cry Wolf today and I found Fenris attitude about how it turned personal, interesting. What if they hooked up with The Mad Thinker somehow for this?

TheManWithoutFear said:

I think Carey is a terrific writer. I've only read two issues containing his writing. I'd actually love to see more of his stuff in the UU soon.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why would The Mad Thinker go after the X-Men? What would put that idea in her head? I was rereading Cry Wolf today and I found Fenris attitude about how it turned personal, interesting. What if they hooked up with The Mad Thinker somehow for this?
I'm under the impression that the Mad Thinker isn't going directly AFTER the X-Men, just Cerebro. The fact that they face off is kind of expected.

ProjectX2 said:
I just realised who the true villain is... Wolverine! He steals Cerebro and gives it to the FF to gain acceptance to their team! Next stop: The Ultimates! And that's why he's doing jobs for Fury! Why am I yelling?!
You know, Wolverine was part of the New Fantastic Four once. Ultimate New Fantastic Four?! AWESOME. With Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Ghost Rider and Ultimate Spider-Man, naturally.

05-newff.jpg

ourchair said:
You know, Wolverine was part of the New Fantastic Four once. Ultimate New Fantastic Four?! AWESOME. With Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Ghost Rider and Ultimate Spider-Man, naturally.

05-newff.jpg

Oh lord I remember that. You just know Wolverine was the Sue Storm of the group.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Oh lord I remember that. You just know Wolverine was the Sue Storm of the group.
Yeah. He could kill people with the power of his mind. He was also sleeping with Namor, cause like Namor has a piece the size of a Canadian mackerel.

ourchair said:
Ultimate New Fantastic Four?!

Wow - a team with 3 adjectives in their name. How pretentious.

ourchair said:
I'm under the impression that the Mad Thinker isn't going directly AFTER the X-Men, just Cerebro. The fact that they face off is kind of expected.

05-newff.jpg

As cool as that would be, I don't think that group should be the New anything. Keep that away from the UU!

Latest posts

Back