Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four (discussion & speculation)

I'm thinking that maybe a student at the Baxter Building or some sort of enemy residing in the Baxter Building steals Cerebro. Or, maybe it will be stolen at the end of Magnetic North and put into position for this crossover. Maybe one of Magneto's Brotherhood gets into the mansion, steals Cerebro and then puts it in the Baxter Building at the end.

roguefan said:
I'm thinking that maybe a student at the Baxter Building or some sort of enemy residing in the Baxter Building steals Cerebro.
Possible but than that means 4/5 UFF villains will be associated with the Baxter Building.

roguefan said:
Or, maybe it will be stolen at the end of Magnetic North and put into position for this crossover. Maybe one of Magneto's Brotherhood gets into the mansion, steals Cerebro and then puts it in the Baxter Building at the end.
HAHAHA! Oh, that's rich. That would mean the writers would have to communicate with eachother and actually make it look like want to do it the right way. Silly boy, it doesn't happen that way in the Ultimate Universe. Still your theory has some plot holes. Where would the X-kid hide it until they get to the Baxter Building? How would they get cerebro into the Baxter Building?

Which brings up more questions how the hell does someone lose cerebro?

Another brainwave -

At the end of Magnetic North, the Mansion is left while the X-Men and Xavier go off to fight. Xavier goes off to calm Magneto. A Brotherhood associate (maybe the cat is some sort of mutant) steals Cerebro. At the beginning of X4, the X-Men discover it's gone.

roguefan said:
Another brainwave -

At the end of Magnetic North, the Mansion is left while the X-Men and Xavier go off to fight. Xavier goes off to calm Magneto. A Brotherhood associate (maybe the cat is some sort of mutant) steals Cerebro. At the beginning of X4, the X-Men discover it's gone.

It's not gonna happen. There won't be any tie-ins with Magnetic North save maybe the roster.

Okay, how about this -- Cerebro *is* being kept inside the Baxter Institute, and its own residents don't know this, because the machine has been shrunk.

Let's say the Ultimate Psycho Man somehow managed to compromise the X-mansion's security protocols. Perhaps he's undetectable to psionics because of his miscroscopic size. Or maybe he transmitted himself inside electronically. Whatever...

So he miniturizes Cerebro using whatever technology he has to shrink himself, then sneaks into the Baxter Insititute through similar means.

From there, he's using the device to amplify his fear-based powers, and fuelling the hatred and distrust between the two sets of teen heroes.

I'm not saying I LIKE this solution, and frankly, it seems horribly under-motivated (he's not the PSYCHO Man for nothing, ya kno!), but it's plausible enough, I guess. *shrugs*

We already know that Sinister broke into the X-mansion undetected, and Mad Thinker took control over Baxter, so neither building is impregnable. *shrugs*

Last edited:
notTHATtodd said:
They will be collected in an X-Men trade, just as Ultimate War was called an X-men trade. I'm betting on this since the X-Men (technically) have a bigger following.

Honestly though, I'm really not sure what all the complaints are about. We're beginning to sound like the people who protested Dogma because of how "anti-christian" it was, never having actually seen the film, nor taking into account, as Smith likes to point out, that there was a rubber poop monster in it.

You haven't read it yet. Stop focusing on the creativity of something you've not had the chance to read yet.

That said, the colorist of the cover should be spanked with a rolled up newspaper.

Actually I'm willing to bet that it's foing to be and Ultimate Fantastic Four Trade, since the FF are have less arcs than X-Men, and it seems that they're trying to catch the FF up with the others in arcs and stuff, by giving them really short stories, like only three issues long.

roguefan said:
There is already a tie-in: Following the events in Magnetic North...

Anyway, if Spidey and X-Men are now tyin into each other, how abut FF?

What is the tie in following the events of Magnetic North?

And look if X-Men/Spider-Man was a really good tie-in than why hasn't Peter shown up for this Magnetic North arc or at least been told about it? It just doesn't work that way with these writers. I'm gonna post in the UXM discussion thread how I think Peter should've been introduce without comprimising the story.

Compound, awesome idea with Pycho Man.

How do you steal Cerebro anyway? Isn't it within the framework of the mansion?

They did it in the movie, so why not here?

Actually, that's probably my biggest problem with this cross-over. It seems like a redundant idea and just an excuse to introduce the X-Men to the Fantastic Four. I really hope the outcome is something that will blow everyone's mind or this will definitely be a waste of a lot of peoples' time.

DIrishB said:
True, but even if thats the case what Goodwill says still holds partially true...they made a copy of Cerebro and stole it. Semanticosaurus.
Right, I know. Just the way he has it worded makes it seem like it was actually stolen, is all.

icemastertron said:
Right, I know. Just the way he has it worded makes it seem like it was actually stolen, is all.

Very true. So does anyone think the FF will actually be involved, and if not who do you think will be? I'm assuming this mini will be the cliched hero vs. hero until the villain shows up type deal, and if so it'll probably be a FF or X-Men villain. So who do you all think it could be (not necessarily one who's been previously Ultimized)?

DIrishB said:
Very true. So does anyone think the FF will actually be involved, and if not who do you think will be? I'm assuming this mini will be the cliched hero vs. hero until the villain shows up type deal, and if so it'll probably be a FF or X-Men villain. So who do you all think it could be (not necessarily one who's been previously Ultimized)?

I doesn't matter. The FF will get worked. I mean they'll be totally swatted aside. Colossus vs. Thing, Iceman vs. Torch, Mr. Fantastic vs Cyclops, Invisible Woman vs. Marvel Girl, and then they're are the rest of the X-Men to come in and help work over the FF.

Hawkeye101 said:
I doesn't matter. The FF will get worked. I mean they'll be totally swatted aside. Colossus vs. Thing, Iceman vs. Torch, Mr. Fantastic vs Cyclops, Invisible Woman vs. Marvel Girl, and then they're are the rest of the X-Men to come in and help work over the FF.

Except now Sue can just shut off people's brains with a thought...course I assume Jean and Professor X can also.

DIrishB said:
Except now Sue can just shut off people's brains with a thought...course I assume Jean and Professor X can also.

I'd put money on Thing whamming Colossus.

I just realised who the true villain is... Wolverine! He steals Cerebro and gives it to the FF to gain acceptance to their team! Next stop: The Ultimates! And that's why he's doing jobs for Fury! Why am I yelling?!

ProjectX2 said:

I just realised who the true villain is... Wolverine! He steals Cerebro and gives it to the FF to gain acceptance to their team! Next stop: The Ultimates! And that's why he's doing jobs for Fury! Why am I yelling?!

I thought you were typing...

Last edited by a moderator:
ProjectX2 said:

Just like his 616 counterpart, Ultimate Wolverine's mission in life is to be in every single monthly title, even if it violates continuity and the laws of physics.

Latest posts

Back