Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four (discussion & speculation)

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Newsarama said:
ULTIMATE X-MEN / FANTASTIC FOUR
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"BOOTSTRAP"
Cerebro has been stolen—and the trail points directly at the government's premier think tank, the Baxter Building! The X-Men aren't happy about it—especially after the shattering events of last month's Ultimate X-Men issue. And the Baxter Building's most famous residents—the Fantastic Four—aren't happy about an angry team of mutants showing up on their doorstep! It's FF versus X-Men in an all-star blowout that leads directly into next month's Ultimate Fantastic Four / X-Men! Ultimate Fantastic Four's Mike Cary is joined by superstar artist Pasqual Ferry for this tour de force of Ultimate action!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

o_O!!!!!

Mike Carey is BKV's successor?! HELL YEAH!!!!!

If anyone here has read Lucifer, you know the boy can write.

It seems Gimmicky though... Thoughts?

It kind of seems like "Teenagers battling to the death!!!" rather than a story. I mean, there's not even a "there's more to this than meets the eye!" throwaway remark.

His Hellblazer's pretty good too. I'll be picking this up, mainly because I love the Ultimate Fantastic Four too much to be healthy. And Ferry's art is ****ing amazing.

Dr.Strangefate said:
o_O!!!!!

Mike Carey is BKV's successor?! HELL YEAH!!!!!

Technically, I don't think Carey is the successor as this seems to only be a two issue mini, one called Ultimate X-Men/FF and one called Ultimate FF/X-Men. It seems its definitly taking the place of December's X-Men issue, and may take the place of January's FF issue (since Tomb of Namor ends in December) and will serve as fillers. So I think we're still left wondering who the team will be before Singer/McNiven come on.

It seems Gimmicky though... Thoughts?

That it does, but it should be fun. Liked Carey's Think Tank on UFF, so I'm looking forward to this.

I just don't know about this... Anyone else not too happy and not too mention when the X-Men show up at "the fantastic four's" frontsteps, doesn't anyone else think that The Ultimates/SHIELD would show up?

Carey's awesome and if he's cooking up an ultimization for a behind the scenes here... well more power to him.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just don't know about this... Anyone else not too happy and not too mention when the X-Men show up at "the fantastic four's" frontsteps, doesn't anyone else think that The Ultimates/SHIELD would show up?

Carey's awesome and if he's cooking up an ultimization for a behind the scenes here... well more power to him.

Good point, unless Fury pulls the 'It's too beneith us" card like he does with Spider-Man all the time.

Hawkeye101 said:
Good point, unless Fury pulls the 'It's too beneith us" card like he does with Spider-Man all the time.

Yeah but thats a different story. Spider-Man is only a teenage kid trying to do the right thing with his powers, something I think Fury respects in a way. The X-Men and FF are two super-teams who when battling with each other could cause a lot of damage and threaten innocents. I don't think the Ultimates will show up though. Least I hope not. It'd be nice for them NOT to be included for once in a Ultimate crossover.

DIrishB said:
Yeah but thats a different story. Spider-Man is only a teenage kid trying to do the right thing with his powers, something I think Fury respects in a way. The X-Men and FF are two super-teams who when battling with each other could cause a lot of damage and threaten innocents. I don't think the Ultimates will show up though. Least I hope not. It'd be nice for them NOT to be included for once in a Ultimate crossover.

Well they're both government funded facilities, and no offense, but the Fantastic Four would get their ***es beat, they're out-maned (and out-womaned :D ), plus the two psychics. Ultimate X4 (which is what it should be called) should proove interesting though, and we might get the Magneto/Doom alliance?

Hawkeye101 said:
Well they're both government funded facilities, and no offense, but the Fantastic Four would get their ***es beat, they're out-maned (and out-womaned :D ), plus the two psychics. Ultimate X4 (which is what it should be called) should proove interesting though, and we might get the Magneto/Doom alliance?

Not in this book, but I would love to see Victor and Mags team up eventually. And you never know, it depends on how many X-Men actually go on the mission. From the cover it just showed Wolverine, Kitty, and Iceman. I'm sure it'll be more than that, but the FF can hold their own. We'll see.

I meant of the 4 main titles...

Spider-Man/X-men
X-men/Ultimates
Spider-Man/Ultimates
Spider-Man/Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four/Ultimates

but there was one missing until now

X-men/Fantastic Four

DIrishB said:
DD isn't an ongoing title in the Ultimate universe. He wasn't referring to individual characters, as that would indeed be a long list, just the books themselves.
Yeah, and even then I don't think we're getting Ultimates/Ultimate Man-Thing anytime soon.

Or are we? :shock:

Just saw the cover in the solicits thread. It made me cry. :cry: Then I was a little sick and cried again.

Latest posts

Back