Ultimate X-Men gets chopped & Ultimates 4 issue cancelled

Foolsfolly, there's a lotta anger in you.

If I remember correctly, Ultimate Origin is supposed to be out by this fall/early next year.

And I don't see where you're getting that Loeb wants something cancelled because it messes up his plans or whatever. All that, honestly, just seems like biased anger.

"Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda

GET TO THE POINT MUPPET! WHAT DOES ANGER LEAD TO!

And Ice, yeah. I know. I think this comes off of as hatred for Ultimates 3 and the horror that is Loeb's current Wolverine run mixing with my normal amount of hatred.

From John Barber:

Hi Luis!

I'm actually not working on the Ultimate books anymore, but you can't
believe everything you read on the internet...

That a nebulous enough an answer for you? All I can say is stay tuned,
the stuff coming up is pretty exciting...but now I just sound like I'm
shilling...

Thanks a lot!

John

Not very discrete, but I say it's enough to say UXM won't be cancelled.

From John Barber:

He also didn't deny anything, and in fact he might not even know anything about what is in store since he's not working on the books anymore.

Thanks for contacting him though...that was cool that he responded.

in LiTG's tradition of getting half the story right... I suspect that the one issue of Ultimates will never see the light of day, and that the F4 will be getting the axe, not UXM.

But we'll see.

Mr.Barber's non-committal reply gives MORE credance to the article, because he seems unable to deny it at face value, which means SOMETHING is going on that's going to be a little similar to all this.

Just sayin.

He also didn't deny anything, and in fact he might not even know anything about what is in store since he's not working on the books anymore.

Thanks for contacting him though...that was cool that he responded.

Yeah, they said the same thing about Ant-Man though.

*:cry: for Ant-Man*

That means UXM is #34/36 in the Top 100 sales chart. In other words, it's still selling a lot of issues.
Thanks, Ice.

So, could you give me a rough idea of what might approximately be a:

GREEN LIGHT ranking: if your favorite book is ranked around here or better, it should be safe.
YELLOW LIGHT ranking: if your favorite book is ranked around here or better, but not to green light level, it's in some danger, but optimism is still justified.
RED LIGHT ranking: if your favorite book is here or better, but not to yellow light level, it's in major danger, and if it slides further you can kiss it goodbye.

Is top fifty ranking a green light? Is top one hundred ranking a yellow light?

Shouldn't red be on top then yellow then green? Like a traffic light?

The lights wouldn't be for ranking, but rather the numbers of issues the comics sell. All I remember is anything that's 50K and above people get royalties.

Are there or have there been any Ultimate Universe titles that by normal standards should be (or should have been) matters of concern (yellow) or in major danger of cancellation or radical change (red)?

How "stubborn" or "loyal" does Marvel seem to be with Ultimates titles?

Well, the titles are all within the Top 35/Top 40. So that means they're selling good, but not as good as they used to be, so Marvel experiments with writers and artists and see how the sales add up.

Well, the titles are all within the Top 35/Top 40. So that means they're selling good, but not as good as they used to be, so Marvel experiments with writers and artists and see how the sales add up.
OK, that doesn't sound too bad.

All three regular Ultimate Universe comics may get gimmicks, but they should all keep going, regardless of rumors.

It looks like I won't get my wish for Mike Carey to stay on Ultimate Fantastic Four forever though. But as far as I know, modern comics just don't have hundred plus issue runs like the classic Lee / Kirby Fantastic Four.

I think from a gimmicks point of view, Ultimate X-Men and The Ultimates should be the safest titles, because they are inherently gimmick-friendly. They're not family, ultimately they're hire and fire teams, and you can kick people out, throw them away, kill them off and bring in replacements without spoiling the basic concept, maybe even improving it.

So, probably any cancellation of Ultimate X-Men will be a gimmick? Doomsday (or whoever) will kill them, but they'll be back later as cyborg X-Men, energy X-Men, kid X-Men and so on.

So, probably any cancellation of Ultimate X-Men will be a gimmick? Doomsday (or whoever) will kill them, but they'll be back later as cyborg X-Men, energy X-Men, kid X-Men and so on.

I'll only buy Cyborg X-Men and Black Armored X-Men, just like with Superman.

Boy did I confuse people that day...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back