Ultimate X-Men gets chopped & Ultimates 4 issue cancelled

I guess I'm the only one on here who isn't appreciating the crap Kirkman is writing for Ultimate X-men. It's convulted, it's insulting to feed us time travel nonsense and bull****, and it's predictable.

Oh, and let's throw Beast back, cause he never died, just was pronouced dead, and everyone was led to believe he was dead.

Crap.

I'll be glad if they cancel it

/ranting

I guess I'm the only one on here who isn't appreciating the crap Kirkman is writing for Ultimate X-men. It's convulted, it's insulting to feed us time travel nonsense and bull****, and it's predictable.

Oh, and let's throw Beast back, cause he never died, just was pronouced dead, and everyone was led to believe he was dead.

Crap.

I'll be glad if they cancel it

/ranting
I believe it was said he did die and was revived later on.

Anyways, one of you guys going to WWC can ask at one of the panels.

Last edited:
That would be kind of stupid to end UXM after the Ultimatum thingy. It'll be real close to issue 100 at that point, and who doesn't love hundred issue celebrations?

So yes. Doubt, doubt, doubt is in the air~

Wait , No more UXM , Ultimates 4 not happening so that only leaves UFF and USM right?

Are they ending the Ultimate universe? It makes no sense to get rid of of UXM and Ultimates.

Ultimates 4 is still happening, just with a different artist.

If UXM is cancelled I'd expect it to be ralaunched almost immediately.

Possibly with Singer?

Wait , No more UXM , Ultimates 4 not happening so that only leaves UFF and USM right?
Did you read correctly? An Ultimates 4 issue has been cancelled not the whole thing. :?

And I highly doubt that UXM will get cancelled. It's high up in the sales chart in the Top 40. That's is more than enough to keep it going.

To be quite honest---Marvel should get rid of the UU. Just because of the numbers game---keep USM going...but only as a stand alone Spidey series like Unlimted. Instead they should focus more on the MAX line and do more creator-owned indy series like that to counteract DC's amazing Vertigo.

See now that'll never happen. Marvel currently has two different imprints that could be used for that (MAX and Icon) and there's a whole 4 ongoings between them with a few minis here and there. They're just too focused on the Marvel brand to branch out like that.

Are they ending the Ultimate universe? It makes no sense to get rid of of UXM and Ultimates.

Now it didn't say U4 wasn't happening, just that McGuiness's competed issue wouldn't be used.

But it does look like they're... wrapping things up.

Did you read correctly? An Ultimates 4 issue has been cancelled not the whole thing. :?

And I highly doubt that UXM will get cancelled. It's high up in the sales chart in the Top 40. That's is more than enough to keep it going.

Ohhhhh , I thought Ultimates 4 had been cancelled my bad :oops:

Yes about UXM but doesn't "for the chop" = cancelled. Unless it's some clever pun like the team gets chopped (looses a member) and Ultimate Wolverine becomes an ongoing

From the June sale charts:

Qty Rank - Retail Rank - Index - Title ------------------------- Price - Ven
23 --------- 24 --------- 136.12 - ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #110 - $2.99 - MAR
34 --------- 36 --------- 110.30 - ULTIMATE X-MEN #83 -------- $2.99 - MAR
46 ---------- 48 -------- 95.10 -- ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #43 - $2.99 - MAR
I don't know how to read those numbers. Can you explain?

What matters to me is whether Ultimate Fantastic Four is selling well enough to be secure against cancellation.

I'd also like it if The Ultimates keep going, but that comes out so rarely anyway that maybe the term "keep going" isn't appropriate.

I'm the one that moved the thread to the news forum. Rumor or not, it is most definitely news worthy.

The more I think about this, the more I think it has to be a reboot. Maybe with Singer - they've made a big enough deal out of it. Maybe he will be taking the book in a whole new direction. It just makes no sense to cancel it. It sells decently and it's an X-book, fercryinoutloud. If they cancelled an X-book it would be utter chaos. Nerd revolt.

Latest posts

Back