Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Bass said:
What makes it truly amazing, is the ending. The last page. It's a terrific, and it actually makes the entire series transcend and become eternal.

Sadly, Grant Morrison came up with this idea and gave it to Mark Millar (I think, Morrison mentioned he gave Millar his best Superman idea for the end of Red Son and I assume he meant this) - which doesn't invalidate Mark Millar's writing. The ending is a great ending, but Millar gives it meaning and insight. It's wonderful.

That last page - wow. I just remember when I first read it and I honestly sat back, with the wind knocked out of me.

I completely agree, It's just sad that it's an elseworlds tale, because it's such a fantastic twist to the origin of Superman...

DIrishB said:
Nah, I really, really doubt that.
So do I. But what better way to make an American enemy by using the made up country if you're not gonna use Korea, Iraq, etc... plus they're not building one specific super soldier they're building a legion. What if Beetle's the guy between The anti-captain America and widowlike person and the "Abomination" is a result of Goblin's DNA.

I dunno it's a stretch and seeing how they like keeping everything seperate especially since the Latverian story is Bendis' baby alone (UTeamUps, Geldoff, The game) I agree it won't happen but if I was writing it, I'd do it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So do I. But what better way to make an American enemy by using the made up country if you're not gonna use Korea, Iraq, etc... plus they're not building one specific super soldier they're building a legion. What if Beetle's the guy between The anti-captain America and widowlike person and the "Abomination" is a result of Goblin's DNA.

I dunno it's a stretch and seeing how they like keeping everything seperate especially since the Latverian story is Bendis' baby alone (UTeamUps, Geldoff, The game) I agree it won't happen but if I was writing it, I'd do it.

It makes sense, I just doubt it because I don't see Millar gelling Ultimates with USM in any way, especially a plot line introduced in the video game. The closest those two titles can be considered is that they share the same universe and continuity, but otherwise are vastly different titles. I presume it'll be something none of us really saw coming in terms of the storyline.

DIrishB said:
It makes sense, I just doubt it because I don't see Millar gelling Ultimates with USM in any way, especially a plot line introduced in the video game. The closest those two titles can be considered is that they share the same universe and continuity, but otherwise are vastly different titles. I presume it'll be something none of us really saw coming in terms of the storyline.

Like I said, the game opened a door for new readers. using the plot from the game makes it more intresting. Or Millar might have been push into it. And since he's leaving The Ultimates. It probably dose not bug him any were near as much as it dose you.

the watcher said:
Like I said, the game opened a door for new readers. using the plot from the game makes it more intresting. Or Millar might have been push into it. And since he's leaving The Ultimates. It probably dose not bug him any were near as much as it dose you.
I just don't see that happening. And if turns out that the anti-Ultimates are tied to the Latverian superhuman program shown in the game, I would expect that it was Millar's plan first and Bendis doing him a favor by laying the groundwork in the game, not the other way around (Millar being forced to incorporate ideas from the video game).

ULTMTSV2010CVR_CMYK.jpg

Try naming the characters now? There's a random girl to the right of Natasha. Crimson Dynamo's helmut doesn't look the same, Where's the girl with horns? Or the chick with the ponytail? Whose the guy with his hands in the air?

Last edited:
The girl looks like Wanda, the guy with hands looks like Captain America and the rest are random super-soldiers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why would Wanda and Cap be there? I think the guy with both hands up is gonna be our YellowJacket (Pym)

They wouldn't. I was just saying it looks like them. I presume the Wanda-lookalike is the speedster.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Gotchya. I wonder why she wouldn't have the helmut thing on.

Why is no one else posting. Doesn't this interest anyone else?

I count as two people.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Gotchya. I wonder why she wouldn't have the helmut thing on.

Why is no one else posting. Doesn't this interest anyone else?

It's a great cover...I don't know what else can be said about it. It's pretty obvious who everyone is and what they are doing...what is it you're looking for?

See that guy in the rubble? That's Daredevil.

UltimateE said:
It's a great cover...I don't know what else can be said about it. It's pretty obvious who everyone is and what they are doing...what is it you're looking for?

Name them then. I've been trying to match them up and I can't. Because I don't know who the person with both hands raised in the air is or where certain members are.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Name them then. I've been trying to match them up and I can't. Because I don't know who the person with both hands raised in the air is or where certain members are.

I meant that it's obvious they are the "bad guys"...some of them are mysterious but I just don't have enough of a clue to start randomly guessing.

the watcher said:

The game opened a door more for new readers to check out Ultimate Spider-Man as opposed to Ultimates. And trust me, Millar gets full say in what goes on in the Ultimates, he isn't pushed into anything regarding that title, at least not after the first volume. He's like the Steven Spielberg of comic writing now, getting his *** kissed, so on, able to choose what projects he only really wants to do.

And I didn't say it bugged me, and I'm sure it doesn't bug him. I'm saying that his story in Ultimates 2 is independent of the USM video game, period. And when the last few issues are released in the next few months, I'll be looking forward to you saying I was right.

14rdb said:
I just don't see that happening. And if turns out that the anti-Ultimates are tied to the Latverian superhuman program shown in the game, I would expect that it was Millar's plan first and Bendis doing him a favor by laying the groundwork in the game, not the other way around (Millar being forced to incorporate ideas from the video game).

Its possible, but what everyone keeps forgetting is the Latverian sub-plot has been running since UMTU #4-5, repeated again in UMTU #14, and barely touched upon since, until the game. It wasn't the game which introduced the idea. Its entirely possible (and likely) the Latverians are involved with the attack, I'm just saying it isn't dependant on the events of the game, and the only thing they'll have in common are the fact that the Latverians are working on their own super-soldier program (again, which is likely considering a butt-load of other countries have also done so).

UltimateE said:

I think MWoF is saying he's wondering who specifically the Ultimizations are (as in their names and if they exist in the 616 universe). That isn't obvious, by any means.

TheManWithoutFear said:

See?

UltimateE said:
I meant that it's obvious they are the "bad guys"...some of them are mysterious but I just don't have enough of a clue to start randomly guessing.

That goes beyond pointing out the obvious, E. ;)

I'm pretty sure we all assumed they were bad guys, MWoF (and me, and many others I'm sure) are just trying to figure out just who the characters are.

I think the long-haired person next to Natasha is that long-haired guy with the X on his costume. Crimson Dynamo may have taken his helmet off in that pic, but whatever. I'm still baffled at who the guy with both arms raised up. Maybe there's more than just the ones on U2 #9's pic? Perhaps Pym as Yellowjacket?

Oh, is this anti-American organization officially dispatched by the countries name-dropped ala Axis Powers in WWII or are they a underground terrorist group?

Hah, I just noticed that the attack was a cruel hybrid of both Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

Last edited:
I thought it was the regular Ultimates, simply because Thor probably still wouldn't have long hair, and the guy that looks like him is bald.

But to be fair, that's probably a weak assumption.

Latest posts

Back