Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

DIrishB said:
He doesn't necessarily have to be a mutant in the Ultimate universe, and given that Gunnar/Loki had access to the technical specs of the harness, its not unlikely he gave one to his allies.

Well, for one, if the suit was technology, then 1) why hasn't it been duplicated? 2) Why would Gunnar/Loki need to steal his own technology?

Anyway, I've got some new light on the scythe, it could be Thrudstock, another weapon of asguard that Odin weilded once in a while in 616.

DIrishB said:
He doesn't necessarily have to be a mutant in the Ultimate universe, and given that Gunnar/Loki had access to the technical specs of the harness, its not unlikely he gave one to his allies.
Hmm, I've always considered Thor's harness as one of those wonderful comic book accidents, like peter parker and Captain America. They did it once but they can't manage to replicate it.
That's all in my head of course.

But I think the silhouette it produces is very individual, to either the character of Thor, or to the harness itself. They could have dozens of course, but then why aren't the Union and the Rejects using them?

And actually, how dumb is that harness anyway? the designed Thor to be the strongest supersoldier right? Why? Why not have them all equally powerful? Something there makes the whole thing look iffy from the gecko.

Furthermore, I don't thing Loki/Gunnar actually designed it, I just think he made it look like he did. I'm not sure Loki will make an appearance again, he may do, but needn't.

Guijllons said:
Hmm, I've always considered Thor's harness as one of those wonderful comic book accidents, like peter parker and Captain America. They did it once but they can't manage to replicate it.
That's all in my head of course.

But I think the silhouette it produces is very individual, to either the character of Thor, or to the harness itself. They could have dozens of course, but then why aren't the Union and the Rejects using them?

Perhaps they wanted to further test it before putting it into use. Remember, supposedly Thor stole it while it was still being tested in the first place. Though it could be argued this was all Loki's altering of reality.

And actually, how dumb is that harness anyway? the designed Thor to be the strongest supersoldier right? Why? Why not have them all equally powerful? Something there makes the whole thing look iffy from the gecko.

Furthermore, I don't thing Loki/Gunnar actually designed it, I just think he made it look like he did. I'm not sure Loki will make an appearance again, he may do, but needn't.

I don't think he actually designed it either, at least originally. But once he shuffled reality, he could have made it so he did create the harness. And I think Loki will make a reappearance sometime between now and the end of the arc.

compound said:
As in the horror movie production company, or the radio-friendly MC with the parachute pants? Either way, that would mean death for the supposed Asgardian. ;)

Oh my, it has to happen.

Loki (bleeding at the mouth) "Thor, you're *cough* my brother, family, our differences, we can *splutter* put them aside, start anew. Our father, you were.. you were always his favourite.. I just wanted him to notice me."

Thor (gritting teeth) "No more lies trickster, this is the last time your snakes tongue doth befowl the good name of our family, it's time!"

Loki (horror crosses his face) "NO!"

Thor (you just know what's coming) "IT'S HAMMER TIME!"

Loki "NOOOOO NO NO NOO NOOOOOO NO NO NOO NOOOOO!"

(splattering crunch as the hammer falls, Ben Grimm winks at the forth wall)

I was thinking about the Annualand Millar saying that there were hints in that issue about the traitor. It might be coincidence but the Russian General who attempts to strong arm Fury might contact the Black Widow who lets her old bosses into headquarters or gives them the plans to alot of the Iron Man/Goliath/ Capt. America blood samples/various super suit tech, along with samples of the Hulk serum and SHAZAM!! Instant super soldiers who than, once again aided by the Black Widow, trash the Triskellion in a "Preemtive Strike", thus taking down America's super hero program from within. After that the Ultimates might form and battle the new team (That has been masterminded by Loki all this time?) in the end redeeming themselves and breaking from SHIELD control?!? Convoluted, yet simple at the same time. I also see the Red Skull as a counter to Cap, or at worst that Skrull that Hulk ate and than Banner pooped out and is not able to shapeshift into anything but a twisted analogy of a human. It would establish a long time enemy of Cap, plus give him similiar physical attributes. Kinda gross though....:lol:

Alright, I've been thinking, and I have a new guess for traitor.

I think its Nick Fury. Only, he doesn't see himself as the traitor.

Lets look at it this way. Gunnar was hired by Fury to spy on Thor, then Fury would have heard the comment about the super people, or at least tried to put two and two together from Thor's one-sided conversation. Fury gets a little too paranoid and starts taking down all the people in the Ultimates that he doesn't have complete control over. Each event was orchestrated by him, made to look like his involvement was more coincidental than it was. Gunnar may or may not still be Loki, but this could be how on of the Ultimates is still a traitor.

I think that Hawkeye may still be a real attack, one that Fury wasn't involved in. And the aim of that attack was not to send Fury a warning, but to get Fury to take down the one person he thought he could always trust: Captain America.

Including the annual, this may also be an attempt to stop the arms race before it got too far. He tried disabling his team to send a sign to other countries that the super people aren't as unbreakable as they may think. This would only be more reason, as the annual was claimed to not be needed.

In a final note, the team Volstagg warned of is actually this new villain team. He was being more cryptic than Thor expected. If Thor is psychotic, that would explain this. Sometimes, the voices aren't very straightforward.

As for Black Widow, I hope she changes sides just so she doesn't get killed. And whoever mentioned that the cover of #9 could possibly be Tony commiting suicide, I thank you for your innovative guess.

My guess for the villain team is:

Abomination
Gunnar (Who traded sides after being assigned to guard the harness, but not the hammer)
Ultron
Red Skull
Unknown Character A (Goliath or Executioner?)
Black Widow
Unknown Character B (Enchantress?)

Good thinking. It has been pointing ever toward Fury, especially the last issue.

And the team on the cover. If Fury is the traitor, then the Ultimates have been working for the bad guys the whole time, so this may just be the Ultimates on the cover. The evil Ultimates, are the Ultimates.

TheCell said:
Alright, I've been thinking, and I have a new guess for traitor.

I think its Nick Fury. Only, he doesn't see himself as the traitor.

Lets look at it this way. Gunnar was hired by Fury to spy on Thor, then Fury would have heard the comment about the super people, or at least tried to put two and two together from Thor's one-sided conversation. Fury gets a little too paranoid and starts taking down all the people in the Ultimates that he doesn't have complete control over. Each event was orchestrated by him, made to look like his involvement was more coincidental than it was. Gunnar may or may not still be Loki, but this could be how on of the Ultimates is still a traitor.

I think that Hawkeye may still be a real attack, one that Fury wasn't involved in. And the aim of that attack was not to send Fury a warning, but to get Fury to take down the one person he thought he could always trust: Captain America.

Including the annual, this may also be an attempt to stop the arms race before it got too far. He tried disabling his team to send a sign to other countries that the super people aren't as unbreakable as they may think. This would only be more reason, as the annual was claimed to not be needed.

In a final note, the team Volstagg warned of is actually this new villain team. He was being more cryptic than Thor expected. If Thor is psychotic, that would explain this. Sometimes, the voices aren't very straightforward.

As for Black Widow, I hope she changes sides just so she doesn't get killed. And whoever mentioned that the cover of #9 could possibly be Tony commiting suicide, I thank you for your innovative guess.

My guess for the villain team is:

Abomination
Gunnar (Who traded sides after being assigned to guard the harness, but not the hammer)
Ultron
Red Skull
Unknown Character A (Goliath or Executioner?)
Black Widow
Unknown Character B (Enchantress?)

I don't agree with Fury. Never have. Simply because he's not apart of the Ultimates. Just like Charles Xavier is not apart of the X-men. That, and he's not a "super-soldier". He wants 26 super-soldiers, but with all these characters getting locked up or dying, he can't get there.

Tony will definetly try to commit suicide next issue because he has before, according to those rich gentleman in issue 4. And I bet it has something to do with Natasha. . .

Lynx said:
I don't agree with Fury. Never have. Simply because he's not apart of the Ultimates. Just like Charles Xavier is not apart of the X-men. That, and he's not a "super-soldier". He wants 26 super-soldiers, but with all these characters getting locked up or dying, he can't get there.
He can if he keeps making new ones, ones he can trust.
Tony will definetly try to commit suicide next issue because he has before, according to those rich gentleman in issue 4. And I bet it has something to do with Natasha. . .
Well, we'll see, but don't bank on it. I think something will definitely happen to worry Tony, but suicide isn't a forgone conclusion.

Guijllons said:
He can if he keeps making new ones, ones he can trust.

True, but I still don't think that makes him the Traitor. He's just moving towards soldiers and away from celebrities/scientists.

Guijllons said:
Well, we'll see, but don't bank on it. I think something will definitely happen to worry Tony, but suicide isn't a forgone conclusion.

I don't think he'll actually kill himself. In fact, I think that'd be my breaking point with the series. But,I think he may attempt to. At least, that's what I see when I see that cover.

Tony won't kill himself. Otherwise, how will he be in Ultimates 3?

A CLONE!

Now I only joke, so please don't kill me. :please:

icemastertron said:
Tony won't kill himself. Otherwise, how will he be in Ultimates 3?

A CLONE!

Now I only joke, so please don't kill me. :please:

Was Tony really confirmed for Ultimates 3? I doubt really anyone has... I wouldn't buy that Captain America is even in it just yet.

Goodwill said:
Was Tony really confirmed for Ultimates 3? I doubt really anyone has... I wouldn't buy that Captain America is even in it just yet.
Yes he has. Jeph Loeb has said so for about 7 characters in Wizard, which I posted somewhere. That list included Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, and I think Black Widow.

icemastertron said:
Yes he has. Jeph Loeb has said so for about 7 characters in Wizard, which I posted somewhere. That list included Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, and I think Black Widow.
No Nick Fury then? Traitor!

Guijllons said:
No Nick Fury then? Traitor!

Hawkeye and the Twins Maximoff weren't confirmed either. Plus, Fury might not be there because the Ultimates will no long be government sponsered.

Thor was also confirmed, by the way.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
Hawkeye and the Twins Maximoff weren't confirmed either. Plus, Fury might not be there because the Ultimates will no long be government sponsered.

Thor was also confirmed, by the way.
Oh yeah, I remember now, Wanda and Pietro are being consigned to limbo which is a ****ing waste of two great characters.

And yeah, Ultimates three is really Avengers 1, with a mansion and little winged helmets.

Kill me now.

No, Kill Loeb now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back