Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Guijllons said:
Oh yeah, I remember now, Wanda and Pietro are being consigned to limbo which is a ****ing waste of two great characters.

And yeah, Ultimates three is really Avengers 1, with a mansion and little winged helmets.

Kill me now.

No, Kill Loeb now.

There are no winged helmets, damnit. Cap didn't sport them and I seriously doubt Thor will either.

i have a theory, so don't hate me if you don't like it because it's just a theory.

the entire team has done some things that aren't good, all are the traitor. however, none of them killed hawkeye's family. loki has helped his allies by warping reality so it looks like hawkeye is dead, and cap killed them, when really it was a sleeper agent. he then gave his super soldier tech to his allies. after making the aggent appear to be a teammate, the agent got ultron and the two serums from pym, was able to get the hulk and super soldier serums from the triskelion, got the iron tech armor after attacking stark's wedding and gave it all to his master, zeemo, who had been working on assembling a group of soldiers to take the job of this team, called the masters. he already had accses to the training and experimentation on black widow and had an archer lined up, along with technology that allows the wearer to go faster than the speed of sound and one that allows the wearer to use dark energy. this team of super villains consists of:

ZEEMO: the de facto leader. he chose, among the best soldiers throughout europe and asia, those who would be his super soldiers. he trained them in combat techiques, weapons and the ultimate's weaknesses.

RED SKULL: the soldier who took the super soldier serum didn't realize the possible side affects, and his skin and nervous system were ravaged. he
didn't die because the serum kicked in just in time, though his skin became red and his face skull like.

GOLDEN ARCHER: an olympic archer who recieved the silver medal because hawkeye got gold. he spent the rest of his life training to be a "golden archer"

WIDOW II: trained to become the ussr's second black widow since birth. when the ussr collapsed, she was left hanging untill zeemo asked for
soldiers to counter the ultimates. she then finished her training, vowing to prove her supriority over romanav.

CRIMSON DYNAMO: an arms dealer who lost his company when many
countries began making defense contracts with stark industries. he used a
modified version of black widows armor with some specialized weapons built in.

YELLOW-JACKET: the shrinking serum was applied to an al-queida terrorist, along with a shrinking suit wich allows flight and elecrical blasts, making a psychotic wasp like soldier.

ATLAS: a greek policeman who wanted further glory. took the growth serum.

VANGAURED: the son of a ussr suporter. he and his sister decided to volunteer for te super soldier tests, hping to be strong enough to bring back the government their father loved. he chose the hammer and the sickle as his weapons to demonstrate thi.s

DARKSTAR: vangaurd's sister. uses the dark energy tech.

WHIZZER: a sickly teenager who wanted to prve to his soldier father he was more than just a mongoose loving ninny. he uses the speed tech suit.

ABOMINATION: the sleeper agent/spy who killed hawkeyes family and captured hawkeye to intarigate. took the hulk serum and kept his intellegence
but was deformed. hawkeye escaped during the experiment that created the abomination.

ULTRON: the android desiened by pym. was reprgramed to hate the ultimates, especialy pym. his powers are not fully known, even to pym.

icemastertron said:
That list included Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, and I think Black Widow.

Was it definitely Iron Man and not Tony Stark specifically?

James Rhodes, anyone?

UltimateE said:

James Rhodes, anyone?

No, I'm pretty definite it was Tony he was refering to because he mentioned the tumor plot thread and plans to address it.

UltimateE said:

James Rhodes, anyone?
Yes he did because like posted above, he said about the brain tumor arc being real important to him. You forgot already?

Guijllons said:
Loeb?Mad did say that the costumes would return to being more traditional.

So give it time.

We've already seen what Cap, Hulk and Wasp look like and they're fine. Cap looks almost identical to Ultimates 1 Cap. In fact, Wasp looked like Ultimates 1 Wasp. . .

Last edited:
Lynx said:
We've already seen what Cap, Hulk and Wasp look like and they're fine. Cap looks almost identical to Ultimates 1 Cap. In fact, Wasp looked like Ultimates 1 Wasp. . .
That's what worries me. If there has been no change yet then what are the changes to come?

Well, whatever happens, I just hope it's not another fight comic against barely ultimised bad guys for no real reason.

But, Loeb must have impressed someone with his ideas to get the gig. Not that that matters anymore after they took card on and extended his run.

Pfft. cack on a stick.

I just suddenly got a lot less interested in this title when I realised that it's possible Millar has already written this story as the climax to his run on The Authority with "Brave New World" where the team is defeated and replaced by a replica version of The Authority...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Did anyone ask Millar on his boards yet about this?

It's been posted, but he doesn't answer speculation and stuff.

TheManWithoutFear said:
But you love Millar!

No, I don't.

I think Millar has written 5 terrific stories in his career. And I mean terrific. His run on The Ultimates, his run on The Authority, his run on Ultimate X-Men, his run on Superman Adventures, and the Superman: Red Son mini-series.

I don't exaggerate when I say that I find these comics to be among the best in my collection. They are wonderful. Which is why I want to see Hitllar on Superman this decade. Millar does a wonderful Superman.

The rest... well, the five above are more than enough.

ProjectX2 said:
It's been posted, but he doesn't answer speculation and stuff.
I read some of the speculation they have over there... I don't think they actually think things through.... Millar fans :roll: One did have an interesting theory on Tyler Durden/Hank Pym but I don't want to see it happen.

Bass said:
No, I don't.

I think Millar has written 5 terrific stories in his career. And I mean terrific. His run on The Ultimates, his run on The Authority, his run on Ultimate X-Men, his run on Superman Adventures, and the Superman: Red Son mini-series.

I don't exaggerate when I say that I find these comics to be among the best in my collection. They are wonderful. Which is why I want to see Hitllar on Superman this decade. Millar does a wonderful Superman.

The rest... well, the five above are more than enough.
Yes, they are more than enough. How many great runs/stories does a guy need to earn your fandom?

I heard Superman: Red Son was awesome! Is that the one where there is no Lex Luthor and Superman becomes sort of a dictator, like Michael Rosenbaum's character on Smallville referenced on the "Talisman" episode?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yes, they are more than enough. How many great runs/stories does a guy need to earn your fandom?

Four?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I heard Superman: Red Son was awesome! Is that the one where there is no Lex Luthor and Superman becomes sort of a dictator, like Michael Rosenbaum's character on Smallville referenced on the "Talisman" episode?

It does rock. There is Lex Luthor actually, and he's still the villain. Superman however, is kind of the Orwellian Big Brother. It's very exciting.

What makes it truly amazing, is the ending. The last page. It's a terrific, and it actually makes the entire series transcend and become eternal.

Sadly, Grant Morrison came up with this idea and gave it to Mark Millar (I think, Morrison mentioned he gave Millar his best Superman idea for the end of Red Son and I assume he meant this) - which doesn't invalidate Mark Millar's writing. The ending is a great ending, but Millar gives it meaning and insight. It's wonderful.

That last page - wow. I just remember when I first read it and I honestly sat back, with the wind knocked out of me.

Latest posts

Back