Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Well, the Hammer and Sickle does kinda rule out any possibility of it not having something to do with Russia. Or rather, the USSR.

Last edited:
It's in just two issue and since I doubt many new characters will be introduced during the the wedding, I hope Millar will not flood the title with new characters in #10...

E.Vi.L. said:
It's in just two issue and since I doubt many new characters will be introduced during the the wedding, I hope Millar will not flood the title with new characters in #10...
Absolutely, and no-one wants to see the Ultimates face off against their evil counterpart either.
Or I sincerely hope not.

I'd say that these guys are our Ultimates, but it's suggesting that they've been working for the enemy the whole time.

I'm thinking Latvaria, in Marvel team ups and USM Game we've seen them attempting to create a super soldier program

What if the traitor stole thor's belt? Shield gotta have it stored somewhere..

Random said:
I'm thinking Latvaria, in Marvel team ups and USM Game we've seen them attempting to create a super soldier program
How does that explain the hammer and sickle?

Thee Great One said:
I am so g33king out..... I hope that's Abomination. TI think it would riocked if it' s thier evil counter parts.
I think we can expect enough of that gumf from U3.

SeAcoW said:
What if the traitor stole thor's belt? Shield gotta have it stored somewhere..
And they also stole Widow's guns? The only obviously silhouetted Ultimate not there is Hawkeye with his bow.

Oh great... so this series *is* going to mimic the pacing and storytelling of the first one, right down to the revelation of the anarchronistic supra-villains.

I'm now just a little less psyched about this story, on account of this preview. Hope the content inside reveals something a bit more creative than 'Evil Russian Opposite Numbers'.

compound said:
Oh great... so this series *is* going to mimic the pacing and storytelling of the first one, right down to the revelation of the anarchronistic supra-villains.

I'm now just a little less psyched about this story, on account of this preview. Hope the content inside reveals something a bit more creative than 'Evil Russian Opposite Numbers'.

We knew this was comming since the Annual, and was confirmed when Millar said Red Skull would be a major villian. I, personally, can't wait. I've been so burned out from the political drama and Traitor spec, that I'm looking foward to the Anti-Ultimates.

That definetly is NOT the Ultimates. Abomination and Red Skull are standing there. You can tell it's Skull since there is an absence of Cap's shield. I'm guessing either Ultron or Crimson Dynamo as the Iron Man analogue. As for the Thor analogue. . .could it be Loki, stealing Thor's hammer or creating his own weapons?

Also, that looks like Widow with the guns. Either Widow is the Traitor, or that's Black Widow II.

Lynx said:
We knew this was comming since the Annual, and was confirmed when Millar said Red Skull would be a major villian. I, personally, can't wait. I've been so burned out from the political drama and Traitor spec, that I'm looking foward to the Anti-Ultimates.

That definetly is NOT the Ultimates. Abomination and Red Skull are standing there. You can tell it's Skull since there is an absence of Cap's shield. I'm guessing either Ultron or Crimson Dynamo as the Iron Man analogue. As for the Thor analogue. . .could it be Loki, stealing Thor's hammer or creating his own weapons?

Also, that looks like Widow with the guns. Either Widow is the Traitor, or that's Black Widow II.
I hope you're wrong.

Guijllons said:
I hope you're wrong.

I'd bet money on it, that's how sure I am. Sorry you feel that way. :?

Although, I'll be so dissapointed if Widow is the Traitor. That's such a cop-out.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
I'd bet money it, that's how sure I am. Sorry you feel that way. :?
It's just such an anti-climax. Not to mention Millar doing just that in UFF recently. But that was to prove a point I guess.

I just can't see how dropping the Abomination into a storyline so late on would add to it at all. Ultron, established, Red Skull.. we know someone is behind the dealings with the Ultimates. But Abomination? He's just muscle. What is he, a henchman?

I sincerely hope that what we are seeing here are characters that have already been established. It's feeling all to Agatha Christie as it is without that bombshell.

Guijllons said:
I'd say that these guys are our Ultimates, but it's suggesting that they've been working for the enemy the whole time.

I have to agree with you Guij looks like it's me and you vs everyone else though. I agree that the cover probably symbolizes The Ultimates being made out to look like "the enemy" which is why they split from SHIELD for VOl.3

Guijllons said:
It's just such an anti-climax. Not to mention Millar doing just that in UFF recently. But that was to prove a point I guess.

I just can't see how dropping the Abomination into a storyline so late on would add to it at all. Ultron, established, Red Skull.. we know someone is behind the dealings with the Ultimates. But Abomination? He's just muscle. What is he, a henchman?

I sincerely hope that what we are seeing here are characters that have already been established. It's feeling all to Agatha Christie as it is without that bombshell.
If Millar tries to ultimize Abomination and whoever else he uses as these evil twins, I'll be pissed. He already gave Ultimate Luke Cage a terrible start... Abomination's concept could be really good. This would just cheapen him. I hope all of you who love your villain team-ups are pysched. This sucks....

Ok, now I'm definetly sure.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/teams/supremesoviets.htm

Cap = We already had Red Guardian in Nightmare. This is Red Skull.

Hulk = Abomination.

Thor = Perun, the Russian God of Storms. Could be Loki, but he's had his time as villian.

Iron Man = Crimson Dynamo.

Black Widow = Either Natasha the Traitor, or Black Widow II.

Scarlet Witch = Fantasia.

Quicksilver = Speedster Millar was asking people about a couple of months ago on Millarworld.

Sputnick = Ultron.

And Scarlet Witch is right. Yellowjacket would be Wasp's counter. Hmmmm. . .

Last edited:
Yeah, the USSR thing makes sense. After all the weird infighting in Volume 1, it came down to US versus Nazis (kind of), including insider sleeper agents planted by the Nazi aliens.

Now, after lots of infighting, there is an insider sleeper agent, with the destruction of the Ultimates fortold by another supergroup. So I'm saying Russians. But not simple USSR commies, there has to be a twist.

Android USSR Commies! Shapeshifter USSR commies! Zombie USSR commies! Maybe even... Gay USSR Commies?!

Is Anyone else thinking Ultimate Masters of Evil (of course Millar will be smart enough not to call them that in the UU)? Look, Theres Red Skull, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Loki (in Thor's armor, since no one knows where Thor's armor is), and I'm willing to bet the Rita DeMara Yellow Jacket, and I don't think that is Natasha Balck Widow, I think It's Yelena Black Widow. I'm willing to bet theres a Boomerang, a Wizzer and an Enchantress in there was well. Think about it, it's the counter-Ultimates!

Captain America -> Red Skull
Thor -> Loki
Iron Man -> Crimson Dynamo
Wasp -> Yellow Jacket
Hulk -> Abomination
Black Widow -> Yelena Bolova
Hawkeye -> Boomerang
Quick Silver -> Wizzer
Scarlet Witch -> Enchantress (no longer an asgaurdin goddess)

And to slowly get rid of the Ultimates was their sure victory over the Triskelion. I'm willing to bet that the gun on the cover of Ultimates #9 belongs to Yelena and wanted to ruin Tony and Natasha's wedding. Look, Tony's armor doesn't glow red, the energy parts glow blue. And the hammer looks different becasue only Thor can lift Mjonlir, and the other weapon might be Gungnir (Odin's weapon). I know there are thirteen people standing there, so like one could Be Ultron, Baron Zemo, Atlas (un-morphed? to counter-giant man?) and may be Jarvis? Some sort of hypnosis like when Jarveis was hypnotized in the old universe when Ultron re-formed the MoE.

Thoughts? (Back me up Irish-boy :wink: )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back