Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

UltimateScarletWitch said:
Is Anyone else thinking Ultimate Masters of Evil (of course Millar will be smart enough not to call them that in the UU)? Look, Theres Red Skull, Abomination, Crimson Dynamo, Loki (in Thor's armor, since no one knows where Thor's armor is), and I'm willing to bet the Rita DeMara Yellow Jacket, and I don't think that is Natasha Balck Widow, I think It's Yelena Black Widow. I'm willing to bet theres a Boomerang, a Wizzer and an Enchantress in there was well. Think about it, it's the counter-Ultimates!

Captain America -> Red Skull
Thor -> Loki
Iron Man -> Crimson Dynamo
Wasp -> Yellow Jacket
Hulk -> Abomination
Black Widow -> Yelena Bolova
Hawkeye -> Boomerang
Quick Silver -> Wizzer
Scarlet Witch -> Enchantress (no longer an asgaurdin goddess)

And to slowly get rid of the Ultimates was their sure victory over the Triskelion. I'm willing to bet that the gun on the cover of Ultimates #9 belongs to Yelena and wanted to ruin Tony and Natasha's wedding. Look, Tony's armor doesn't glow red, the energy parts glow blue. And the hammer looks different becasue only Thor can lift Mjonlir, and the other weapon might be Gungnir (Odin's weapon). I know there are thirteen people standing there, so like one could Be Ultron, Baron Zemo, Atlas (un-morphed? to counter-giant man?) and may be Jarvis? Some sort of hypnosis like when Jarveis was hypnotized in the old universe when Ultron re-formed the MoE.

Thoughts?
Yeah, it stinks. But I agree now. Only hopefully they traitor is Natasha and she wasn't replaced. I like iceman's list alittle better

I think it goes

Speedster -> or Wizzer Probably Speedster because Whizzer isn't a villain in 616. Whoever Millar is useing to replace Quicksilver.

Abomination

Loki -> if it all panned out he'd get the armor because according to his story it was their technology to begin with. That's why he's wearing his armor.

Ultron -> One of Pym's robots with an update of Tony's designs of phase I of Iron Man's armor that were stolen or the ones given for the Rocket-Men.

Red Skull

YellowJacket -> Hopefully the traitor just got Pym's formula and blueprints to make the yellowjacket costume and Pym comes to the good guy side to redeem himself at the end.

Natasha -> The Traitor

Enchantress -> sounds good and plausible that Loki wasn't the only Asgardian working against Odin.

This is a League of Extrodinary Gentlemen rip-off. I really don't like how this turned out. I'm sure Millar will write a good story... but I'm not happy.

Now as for Iron-Man and Hawkeye duplicates. There are none. Hopefully Millar thinks his own story through and realizes it wouldn't be "kewl" if they had a villain for every good guy... and here's why that makes sense...

Hawkeye - Normal human. You don't need to replace a normal human being you have soldiers to do that.

Iron-Man -cautious and was getting ready for this ever since he started believing what Thor had to tell him. The Actually Iron-Man armor designs he never gave up and never would. When he found out Natasha was the traitor he pressed a button and shut down her suit. He got away unscathed and is responsible for rescueing the other members and saving them.

AFTERMATH OF THE ULTIMATES 2 #10 COVER: LYNX'S COMPLETE THEORY!

I've been mulling it over for a little while and hee's what I've come up with.

Natasha Romanov is the Traitor. She was easily able to leak Banner's identity. She is a Super Spy after all. She seemed extremely pleased to take out Thor during that fight. She appealed to Pym, telling him he'd feel better if he betrayed the team. And he does. He becomes Yellowjacket and takes Ultron with him. This fits with the feminine dialogue the Traitor uses in Pym's apartment. Widow would have no qualms about murdering Hawkeye's family. I believe she kidnapped Hawkeye to use on the Red Ultimates. She also framed Cap (Loki maybe?), knocking him out of the time. Only major hitter left would by Tony. Tony figures out that Widow is the Traitor (She gave the Iron tech to Crimson Dynamo) either before or right after the wedding, and Widow attempts to kill him (Living up to her name. Black Widow) Tony survives (Healing Factor! :lol: Just kidding. :roll: ) and breaks out Cap and Thor.

Cap = Red Skull
Hulk = Abomination
Iron Man = Crimson Dynamo
Thor = Perun or Loki
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch = Fantasia or Enchantress
Quicksilver = Millar's Speedster
Wasp = Pym as Yellowjacket
Ultron

Also, Vision II will develop a consiouss and join the Ultimates. Yellowjacket and Hawkeye I'm sure will abondon their positions and join the Ultimates.

The only thing I don't get is the Iron Giants and the dozens of Supersuits flying over the Triskellion. Feels very "If America Lost WWII".

Last edited:
Lynx said:
Natasha Romanov is the Traitor. She was easily able to leak Banner's identity. She is a Super Spy after all. She seemed extremely pleased to take out Thor during that fight. She appealed to Pym, telling him he'd feel better if he betrayed the team. And he does. He becomes Yellowjacket and takes Ultron with him. This fits with the feminine dialogue the Traitor uses in Pym's apartment. Widow would have no qualms about murdering Hawkeye's family. I believe she kidnapped Hawkeye to use on the Red Ultimates. She also framed Cap (Loki maybe?), knocking him out of the time. Only major hitter left would by Tony. Tony figures out that Widow is the Traitor (She gave the Iron tech to Crimson Dynamo) either before or right after the wedding, and Widow attempts to kill him (Living up to her name. Black Widow) Tony survives (Healing Factor! :lol: Just kidding. :roll: ) and breaks out Cap and Thor.
Some of it works out but I'd tweak it a little.

Lynx said:
Cap = Red Skull
Hulk = Abomination
Iron Man = Crimson Dynamo
Thor = Perun or Loki
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch = Fantasia or Enchantress
Quicksilver = Millar's Speedster
Wasp = Pym as Yellowjacket
Ultron
I like mine better and it makes more sense. in the Iron-Man, Hawkeye, and Pym department

Lynx said:
Also, Vision II will develop a consiouss and join the Ultimates. Yellowjacket and Hawkeye I'm sure will abondon their positions and join the Ultimates.
Yeah, Vision II will probably join next volume. Pym and Hawkeye are not going to be forgiven if they're on the other side. There's no way to just "abandon your post" on this one. Pym was stabbed in the back by the traitor who was just after Ultron and got the pym particles as a bonus.

Lynx said:
The only thing I don't get is the Iron Giants and the dozens of Supersuits flying over the Triskellion. Feels very "If America Lost WWII".
Symbolic. Doesn't mean anything

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I like mine better and it makes more sense. in the Iron-Man, Hawkeye, and Pym department

I have to disagree unfourtunetly. There'd be no other way for the opposition to get Ultron if Pym didn't come along as Yellowjacket.

As for Iron Man, Crimson Dynamo is standing there with the red lights. Plus, even if Tony did shut down Natasha's suit, she still had it. The technology is all there.

And Ultron is standing inbetween Skull and Enchantress, so the red light guy couldn't be Ultron.

Lynx said:
I have to disagree unfourtunetly. There'd be no other way for the opposition to get Ultron if Pym didn't come along as Yellowjacket.
This is why Hank Pym is not a Tony Stark level genius. Pym is flawed and can easily been had by the traitor. It makes perfect sense. The traitor gets a hold of Ultron and reprograms it. Then it is fitted with Rocket-Men designs. That's the thing glowing not Crimson Dynamo, who was in ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE already.

Lynx said:
As for Iron Man, Crimson Dynamo is standing there with the red lights. Plus, even if Tony did shut down Natasha's suit, she still had it. The technology is all there.
See above on Crimson Dynamo. Who is standing there with the red lights is Ultron. You're right she did have the technology but I'm banking the Iron Maiden armor still isn't as good as Tony's Iron Man armor. The scraps are analyzed by the bad guys and used for Ultron.

Lynx said:
And Ultron is standing inbetween Skull and Enchantress, so the red light guy couldn't be Ultron.
Because Ultron as a robot would be holding his hands in the air showing a kind of emotion like, "look at me I'm Ultron the mighty." No best bet is it's someone in YellowJacket guise. Hopefully not Pym but possibly.

Rhyo said:
It's not that I don't think you are all correct - it's that I DO.

Hum, it's impossible for all of the previous poster to be correct. You know, logically.

;)

Why did these 'anti-ultimates' do all that sneaking about? I mean, if you guys are right, that's a very formidable line up. Once the Hulk and Thor were gone, the rest were easy pickings.

It wouldn't make any sense. We already have the Cap, Hulk, Thor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch parodies (And probably Wasp), why not Iron Man? And Ultron isn't a parody of Iron Man, he'd be a parody of Vision.

Plus, Ultron has AI. He has emotions. he could very much be saying "I'm Ultron the Mighty". Plus, it'd be a waste of the Black Widow armor if Tony just pushed a button and it fell apart. It'd make sense if we had Crimson Dynamo for Tony to fight.

And Dynamo was NOT in Nightmare. That was Titanium Man.

Guijllons said:
Why did these 'anti-ultimates' do all that sneaking about? I mean, if you guys are right, that's a very formidable line up. Once the Hulk and Thor were gone, the rest were easy pickings.

It'd be easier to get rid of all the heavy hitters (Which include Cap and Tony) first, then attack.

Last edited:
Hey, waitaminute...

Doesn't that 'Abomination/Hulk' silhouette actually look like the Green Goblin?! He has pointed ears.

Lynx said:
It wouldn't make any sense. We already have the Cap, Hulk, Thor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch parodies (And probably Wasp), why not Iron Man? And Ultron isn't a parody of Iron Man, he'd be a parody of Vision.
UGH!!!! Stop being a kid about it! There doesn't have to be an "Evil Twin" for everyone just for the sake of it. God I hate Millar.

Lynx said:
Plus, Ultron has AI. He has emotions. he could very much be saying "I'm Ultron the Mighty". Plus, it'd be a waste of the Black Widow armor if Tony just pushed a button and it fell apart. It'd make sense if we had Crimson Dynamo for Tony to fight.

And Dynamo was NOT in Nightmare. That was Titanium Man.

It was more Dynamo looking to me. And why would it "make sense" for Dynamo to be Tony's parody. Tony is getting ready for this it's been hinted at he's ahead of the game. He's a living brain... remember.

Guij said:
They're not sneakin' they just got rid of Thor and Hulk and now they needed some time to adjust the tech the stole and formulas to make em work.

E.Vi.L said:
Doesn't that 'Abomination/Hulk' silhouette actually look like the Green Goblin?! He has pointed ears.
Eh, mixed feelings on that one. Good eyes but I don't want anyone but Bendis useing GG because of his Norman agenda.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Hey, waitaminute...

But he would be on fiiiire.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Hum, it's impossible for all of the previous poster to be correct. You know, logically.

The general consensus is: entire new league of evil super villains and you're just quibbling over WHO exactly. That's the "bah" part.

Lynx said:
It'd be easier to get rid of all the heavy hitters (Which include Cap and Tony) first, then attack.
So they're just lazy? I mean, it took the whole team to take the Hulk down. Blonsky is gonna be just as tough.

Ah, I dunno. I just think that after all the faffing about with traitors and people releasing tapes and mistaken identities we could have something a little more tangible than a team of super-villians introduced at the last moment.

slimjim said:
But he would be on fiiiire.

Doesn't have to.

Now, consider :

The hulking silhouette is Green Goblin, The Thor Silhouette and the Cap sillhouette are actually Thor and Cap...

See a pattern? All current prisoners of the Triskelion, With a Triskelion in ruin in the background.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
UGH!!!! Stop being a kid about it! There doesn't have to be an "Evil Twin" for everyone just for the sake of it. God I hate Millar.

Jesus, MWoF, I'm having a friendly deabte and you insult me. I'm not the one being immature about this. But to counter that point, LIKE AN ADULT, there already ARE "Evil Twins" for everyone else, so your point is moot.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It was more Dynamo looking to me. And why would it "make sense" for Dynamo to be Tony's parody. Tony is getting ready for this it's been hinted at he's ahead of the game. He's a living brain... remember.

Was the guy in Nightmare red? Crimson of any kind? No. He was Titanium Man.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Doesn't have to.

Now, consider :

The hulking silhouette is Green Goblin, The Thor Silhouette and the Cap sillhouette are actually Thor and Cap...

See a pattern? All current prisoners of the Triskelion, With a Triskelion in ruin in the background.
I did think Goblin when I first saw it. But I don't see the Ultimates or Avengers link. Can't just transplant a spidey villian into the middle of an Ultimates story. Right?

Latest posts

Back