Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Lynx said:
Jesus, MWoF, I'm having a friendly deabte and you insult me. I'm not the one being immature about this. But to counter that point, LIKE AN ADULT, there already ARE "Evil Twins" for everyone else, so your point is moot.
It's totally not moot. I explained why they have "evil twins" for everyone else. Everyone else had something offer. Hawkeye's got nothing and it would make a much better story if Tony got away unscathed because... now I'm just repeating myself.

Guijllons said:
Ah, I dunno. I just think that after all the faffing about with traitors and people releasing tapes and mistaken identities we could have something a little more tangible than a team of super-villians introduced at the last moment.

At this point, Guij and I retire to the local pub in gruntled agreement and drink whilst you all continue this argument. I'll buy the first round. Dark beer or pale ale?

Guijllons said:
I did think Goblin when I first saw it. But I don't see the Ultimates or Avengers link. Can't just transplant a spidey villian into the middle of an Ultimates story. Right?

Last we heard, Green Goblin has been buried by Fury, presumably in the Triskelion.

And he fought the Ultimates in Ultimate 6. That's a helluva lot more than the Abomination can claim, huh?

I'm betting there is very few actual new characters in that cover.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
At this point, Guij and I retire to the local pub in gruntled agreement and drink whilst you all continue this argument. I'll buy the first round. Dark beer or pale ale?
It's a red wine for me, It's been one of those days.

E.Vi.L. said:
Last we heard, Green Goblin has been buried by Fury, presumably in the Triskelion.

And he fought the Ultimates in Ultimate 6. That's a helluva lot more than the Abomination can claim, huh?

I forgot about the stasis bit. So they bust him out? Oh, it all seems rather convenient.

As for the having history with the Ultimates, that's two stories overlapping. This leaves half a page for Osborn so say 'now your pitiful Ultimates have fallen round your ankles, I will enjoy thi...URK!' as spidey swings into frame.

It could happen.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
It's totally not moot. I explained why they have "evil twins" for everyone else. Everyone else had something offer. Hawkeye's got nothing and it would make a much better story if Tony got away unscathed because... now I'm just repeating myself.

I understand the logic, I just don't agree with it. Ok? I think Crimson Dynamo is on that cover (He's a Red icon, after all), you disagree. We'll have to wait and see.

E.Vi.L. said:

I'm almost certain that the "Cap" is Red Skull. He's missing the shield and Skull is already a confirmed villian anyways. And I don't think they'd use Green Goblin in the Ultimates (They already did that story with Ultimate Six). This was the Asian Ultimates team that was discussed in the Ultimate Annual, in my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
From the perspective of "Ultimates" standing on his own, it sucks. But if you decide to assume that everybody knows about Ultimate Green Goblin origin and his latest escapade in Ultimate 6, you can decide to do no exposition whatsoever and not waste precious pages on it.

USM did it with any X-men apperance, UXM did it with Spidey and DD. Hey, they are doing it with the whole Ultimate team in the latest arc.

Guijllons said:
It's a red wine for me, It's been one of those days.

I forgot about the stasis bit. So they bust him out? Oh, it all seems rather convenient.

As for the having history with the Ultimates, that's two stories overlapping. This leaves half a page for Osborn so say 'now your pitiful Ultimates have fallen round your ankles, I will enjoy thi...URK!' as spidey swings into frame.

It could happen.

That might not be that far off - did Millar say anything about guest appearances or am I misremembering?

UltimateE said:
That might not be that far off - did Millar say anything about guest appearances or am I misremembering?
I hope you are. Was Norman Osborn ever a member of the original master of evil at any point?

Ah sod it. That thing has to be either Abomination or Goblin, and if I had to choose I'd choose Goblin. But I still don't like where it's going.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
I hope you are. Was Norman Osborn ever a member of the original master of evil at any point?

I don't think so, no. I also don't remember Millar saying anything about quest appearances either. I honestly don't want guest appearances in the Ultimates. Leave that to the official crossovers (Or Ultimate Spider-Man). I'm sticking with Abomination right now. It still fits, since Abom has pointy ears.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
I don't think so, no. I also don't remember Millar saying anything about quest appearances either. I honestly don't want guest appearances in the Ultimates. Leave that to the official crossovers (Or Ultimate Spider-Man). I'm sticking with Abomination right now. It still fits, since Abom has pointy ears.
But, he's a Hulk baddie.

I don't like it.

Guijllons said:
But, he's a Hulk baddie.

I don't like it.

And GG is a Spidey baddie. What's your point?

Plus, how do we know Hulk doesn't show up at the end of Ultimates 2? He's in Ultimates 3 , after all.

Last edited:
Lynx said:

Plus, how do we know Hulk doesn't show up at the end of Ultimates 2? He's in Ultimates 3 , after all.
I don't like either.

And I don't want Hulk to show up out of the blue before we've seen Wolverine track him down.

This is all exploding.

Last edited:
Lynx said:

The big difference is that GG's origin is known but Abomination hasn't been introduced.

If more than one of these theories are right (Crimson Dynamo, Red Skull, Abomination...) it is going to turn into a nightmare.

A lot of thing can be said about Millar but he hasn't tried to cram issues with new character. Except at th every beginning and look how slowly he introduced all the team before getting to the action. He can't do the same here because there isn't enough issues left.

I'm thinking we get one significant new character before the end of volume 2, top. Any other new characters that appear is liable to get batted out of the way casually as if he were a red shirt (which he'll be, in a way).

Guijllons said:
I don't like either.

And I don't want Hulk to show up out of the blue before we've seen Wolverine track him down.

This is all exploding.

Maybe the tracking down occurs after the Ultimates 2? Hulk shows up to help and disappears again?

But, this is all speculation. No one is right until the issue comes out.

E.Vi.L. said:
The big difference is that GG's origin is known but Abomination hasn't been introduced.

If more than one of these theories are right (Crimson Dynamo, Red Skull, Abomination...) it is going to turn into a nightmare.

A lot of thing can be said about Millar but he hasn't tried to cram issues with new character. Except at th every beginning and look how slowly he introduced all the team before getting to the action. He can't do the same here because there isn't enough issues left.

I'm thinking we get one significant new character before the end of volume 2, top. Any other new characters that appear is liable to get batted out of the way casually as if he were a red shirt (which he'll be, in a way).

I'm pretty sure it's the Asian Ultimates. They were even discussed in the arguement between Fury and that other General in the Ultimates 2 Annual. Red Skull and Ultron are pretty much definites, but the sickle and hammer that "Thor" is displaying is a dead giveaway: This is a team of Commies. Plus, the Traitor obviously has to have backup. This is her (or his) backup.

Last edited:
Ok, moving the topic sideways a little.

Ultron, what's going on there? How and why is he going renegade? Is vision 2 in that lie-up, and if not, why not?

Cap is in a classic Cap America pose, if it is cap and not the Red Skull, or both are one and the same.

The giant robots, are they too Iron-man prototypes?

I refuse to wait until january for these answers. i want you to tell me now.

Latest posts

Back