Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

Just to quibble a few minor points.

1). There have been several Goliaths on the Avengers as both Hank and Hawkeye have operated under that name in the past. However, I'm more than willing to buy the idea that a Goliath (or Atlas) will be included on this team, due to connections with the Red Skull and Masters of Evil.

2). Gungnir is a spear, not a sickle. Considering that Millar both knows about the real mythology and the 616 mythology, I don't think he'd make Gungnir into a sickle, especially considering he'd have to explain it. I'm betting the sickle doesn't have any real importance.

3). Baron Zemo founded The Masters of Evil, Baron Strucker founded HYDRA.

Sorry, the inner continuity buff in me just wouldn't heel. Anyways, I like the idea UltimateScarletWitch expounded about the good vs evil point. It actually makes alot of sense. Heh, it would be funny if this team was just codenamed "The Masters" in response to the Ultimates.

Ultimates 10 - Avengers Assemble!?

Hi all,

Well, love the cover for Ultimates 10 as posted on Newsarama at
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan06/Jan05solicits.html

Thor is back, Iron Man is there, Natasha looks like she is there, so do Pietro and Wanda. But who is the big guy standing near Thor? Looks like Green Goblin but could be Hulk. Avengers Assemble?

What do you think? I am SO excited!

R

Re: Ultimates 10 - Avengers Assemble!?

ranaj said:
Hi all,

Thor is back, Iron Man is there, Natasha looks like she is there, so do Pietro and Wanda. But who is the big guy standing near Thor? Looks like Green Goblin but could be Hulk. Avengers Assemble?

R
I think you need to take a look around the site a bit more.

ranaj said:
Hi all,

R

Actually, many are speculating thats not the Ultimates but the Ultimate Masters of Evil or something similar. Notice "Thor's" Hammer doesn't look like Mjolnir, and he's also holding a sickle, leading many to suspect this is a Communist version of the Ultimates, possible an Asian version or an old hold-over of Communist Russia. Check out the Ultimates 2 #10 cover to see the discussion, its under the News section.

Masters of Evil? - ah that makes more sense. Clearly I am too old and senile to think clearly.

Back to my bath chair and vitamins - still excited though. After all, where there are Masters of Evil, can Avengers be far behind. And, that woman on the right looks so much like a silhouette of Natasha.

Perhaps the Anti-Monitor is behind all this chaos ...

Last edited:
I dunno if anyone already mentioned this but could that dude that everyone thinks is Abomination actually just be the Green Goblin? In the Ultimate Spider-man videogame (which is sposed to foretell events in the actual comic book series) the Beetle releases Ozzy on behalf of the Latverian govt. (Dr. Doom) and the Goblin is actually seen at their embassy later on. Now, we know Doom can design high-tech stuff like those giant bots & with Loki manipulating the Ults they could together form this kind of "invasion". Just a guess. I really don't have a clue as to how Millar plans on elaborating on everything or how it's going to come into fruition, seeing as how nothing as of yet has really hinted onto some massive attack other than a few little assassination attempts.

ranaj said:
Masters of Evil? - ah that makes more sense. Clearly I am too old and senile to think clearly.

Back to my bath chair and vitamins - still excited though. After all, where there are Masters of Evil, can Avengers be far behind. And, that woman on the right looks so much like a silhouette of Natasha.

Perhaps the Anti-Monitor is behind all this chaos ...

That very well may BE Natasha, hence some to speculate she's the traitor. Especially if she lives up to her name with Tony.

TheManWithoutFear said:
There's no ice in hell... that's just silly.

No really, I got in the biggest fight with amember this site has seen because of this arc and I haven't heard one MWoF was kinda right about this whole stupid arc up regarding the traitor.

Personally I'm still out on who the traitor is, but I'll admit at this point it seems like they're selling it to be Natasha and if it turns out to be so, I will give you the props. However, I'm still in no mood to discount Tony, Jan or even possibly Wanda (for some insane reason), they all seem to be just as likely to me.

Entropy said:
Just to quibble a few minor points.

1). There have been several Goliaths on the Avengers as both Hank and Hawkeye have operated under that name in the past. However, I'm more than willing to buy the idea that a Goliath (or Atlas) will be included on this team, due to connections with the Red Skull and Masters of Evil.

2). Gungnir is a spear, not a sickle. Considering that Millar both knows about the real mythology and the 616 mythology, I don't think he'd make Gungnir into a sickle, especially considering he'd have to explain it. I'm betting the sickle doesn't have any real importance.

If anything it has symbolic importance in terms of the counter-Ultimates being a Communist team. I know thats not "real", just wanted to reiterate it. Besides, its very possible the sickle is indeed the Thor villain's weapon, along with the hammer.

3). Baron Zemo founded The Masters of Evil, Baron Strucker founded HYDRA.

This is correct, but who said otherwise?

Sorry, the inner continuity buff in me just wouldn't heel. Anyways, I like the idea UltimateScarletWitch expounded about the good vs evil point. It actually makes alot of sense. Heh, it would be funny if this team was just codenamed "The Masters" in response to the Ultimates.

I like The Masters idea. Better than the overwinded TMoE.

Ultimate Travis said:
Ultimate Travis I dunno if anyone already mentioned this but could that dude that everyone thinks is Abomination actually just be the Green Goblin? In the Ultimate Spider-man videogame (which is sposed to foretell events in the actual comic book series) the Beetle releases Ozzy on behalf of the Latverian govt. (Dr. Doom) and the Goblin is actually seen at their embassy later on. Now, we know Doom can design high-tech stuff like those giant bots & with Loki manipulating the Ults they could together form this kind of "invasion". Just a guess. I really don't have a clue as to how Millar plans on elaborating on everything or how it's going to come into fruition, seeing as how nothing as of yet has really hinted onto some massive attack other than a few little assassination attempts.

I don't think any other Ultimate villains (from the other titles that is) will play a role in this story. Millar is most likely drawing from his own well with the Ultimizations of 616 characters, so I doubt we'll see Green Goblin or Doom being involved.

TheManWithoutFear said:

No really, I got in the biggest fight with amember this site has seen because of this arc and I haven't heard one MWoF was kinda right about this whole stupid arc up regarding the traitor.

Who was it that was arguing it with you about it? Thats who should be giving you props, assuming it pans out to be Black Widow. It all seems to make perfect sense now, especially after seeing this cover, but you never know with Millar. He's hard to predict, you know?

TheManWithoutFear said:

If it truly does turn out to be Natasha (And I think this cover is a major point in your case), I will be more then happy to congragulate your insight. I still think it's a cop-out to use the known Super Spy as the Traitor, but it would technically make the most sense. I still hope Pym is involved in this somehow. . .

DIrishB said:
Who was it that was arguing it with you about it? Thats who should be giving you props, assuming it pans out to be Black Widow. It all seems to make perfect sense now, especially after seeing this cover, but you never know with Millar. He's hard to predict, you know?
They should've given me props when it was announced that it wasn't Loki who leaked the Banner information and that there was a traitor in their midst. When I speculated this I had Widow in mind the entire time.

The issue with Wanda being the traitor is that during the conversation with Hank, the traitor said that America was a country that they once believed in.

I don't see any Russian saying that. But they could have been lying.
I do think that Widow would be too obvious a choice for a traitor however.

And I'm still bugged out as to how Ultron fits into all of this.

DIrishB said:
If anything it has symbolic importance in terms of the counter-Ultimates being a Communist team. I know thats not "real", just wanted to reiterate it. Besides, its very possible the sickle is indeed the Thor villain's weapon, along with the hammer.

Yeah, I'm also betting that the sickle is going to be this counter Thors weapon of some sort, I just wanted to clarify what Gungnir was because some people in mentioning it didn't seem to realize what it was.

Maybe the sickle is the Ultimate Universe's Blood-Axe?

This is correct, but who said otherwise?

UltimateScarletWitch did, I just wanted to make the distinction for her. That was also the reason behind the Goliath point, she said that there had never been a Goliath on the Avengers and I don't like to see people going around misinformed.

TheManWithoutFear said:
They should've given me props when it was announced that it wasn't Loki who leaked the Banner information and that there was a traitor in their midst. When I speculated this I had Widow in mind the entire time.
Nah, you didn't think anything more than anyone else did.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:shock: You're joking right? I had this panned out before there even was an face to Loki.
Well I never assumed that Loki was the one that released the banner files, it was always pretty clear that one of the Ultimates had done that. And as for Widow, well, I still don't think it's her. Too cheesy double-agenty.

Guijllons said:
Well I never assumed that Loki was the one that released the banner files, it was always pretty clear that one of the Ultimates had done that. And as for Widow, well, I still don't think it's her. Too cheesy double-agenty.

Maybe not, but we're quickly running out of possible canidates. . .

Latest posts

Back