Ultimates 2 #11 <spoilers>

Jferriell

Hulks back Hulks back and kickin ***.....Loki reffers to odin and thor has magically missing from his cell. Iron Man in his original suit flying to space to put on his Iron Man 6 suit (maybe war machine...that would kick so much ***)

Wow great comic....most of it is just hype for the finale but damn does it do a great job

6 out of 5!!

Jferriell said:
Hulks back Hulks back and kickin ***.....Loki reffers to odin and thor has magically missing from his cell. Iron Man in his original suit flying to space to put on his Iron Man 6 suit (maybe war machine...that would kick so much ***)

Wow great comic....most of it is just hype for the finale but damn does it do a great job

6 out of 5!!

Sounds pretty good, I'll be picking this up in a few hours. Really looking forward to it.

Hmm, well, it's not a good comic to be named "Laura" in, that bright light in Thor's cell is NOT Iron Man (or anyone associated with the Ultimates) and Tony has bigger sleeves (to hide things in) than we thought.

How's that?

Good book but I really don't see why it took so long to come out, the art wasn't spectacular, seriously its been like two months, I was expecting more.

Hawk-Owl said:
Good book but I really don't see why it took so long to come out, the art wasn't spectacular, seriously its been like two months, I was expecting more.
If I'm not mistaken it wasn't the art as much as it was Millar having health problems again. He re-works the dialogue after the art is finished and didn't get to it as quickly as normal.

DIrishB said:
Very cryptic and non-spoilerish...kinda like a solicitation.

I'm just trying to wind you up for reading it, not really give anything away, especially since I'm only working from a detailed spoiler summary I read last night (because I have no willpower where Ultimates is concerned...).

Last edited:
It's wicked awesome. It's basically wall-to-wall ***-kicking. Anyway, here's a summary.

The first few pages are what we saw in the preview. Thor's looking at his reflection in the glass and mulling over what happened when a light shines on him, and he looks up. Cut to Cap and Wasp beating the **** out of Schizoid Man. When they're done, they go by Thor's cell and realize he's not there. Air Force One is bringing the President to a safe facility when it's assaulted by Perun and Crimson Dynamo who rip off its wings. There's a brief cut to Brussels, where all the International Captains are assembled. One of the scientists reveals that if they interfere, the Liberators will let loose America's nuclear arsenal. And one of the Captains says there's one option they can take to help out.... In New York, they have Spider-Man, the FF, and the X-Men in cuffs. In Washington, DC, the Liberators are assembled. Dynamo and Perun bring AFO in, without wings. Pym's worried about Cap's escape, but Loki says they're luring them to Washington DC as a trap. Meanwhile, Cap and Wasp (with guns and ammo confiscated from the Triskelion) are breaking in to the White House to rescue the rest of the Ultimates. They crash through the door to find a huge stack of Liberators corpses riddled with arrows. Scarlet Witch, Quiksilver (unconscious), Fury, and Betty are also there. There's a brief reunion, before all the bulletmen come crashing through the window. Back in New York, Stark is wearing the original Iron Man armor. Everything else was confiscated. His support crew thinks he's flying to Washington DC, but instead, he shoots up into space. He shoots up to a space station, saying "Prepare to activate Iron Man Six". There's a wickede fight between the Liberators and the Ultimates in the White House. Their speedster is beating the **** out of Hawkeye. Swarm is rocking Wasp, and Abomination gets a good crack at Cap, after which we get an awesome full-body shot of Dart Maul. There's gonna be a Cap/Maul brawl (They should call the issue that). Outside, Pym's trying to work crowd control to insue civilians don't get hurt, and Loki reveals he's not using his powers because he doesn't want Odin to find out... In the crowd, we get the shot of a guy from behind, talking to one of the massive Ultron robots. Saying he's not going to let himself get bossed around in his own country after learning to control his powers and traveling thousands of miles. It's Bruce, who then proceeds to shift into Hulk and beat the living **** out of Ultrons.

In short, we get all the Ultimates reunited (sans Tony), including the Hulk. Next issue, we can expect a full-on war between the Ultimates and Liberators in the heart of Washington DC.

Last edited:
marvelman said:
Soooo... where was hawkeye getting all those arrows? No quiver...

... when it was empty he took it off, because it has quick release buckles.....

Good issue, but very , very... BUSY. A lot of stuff going on in all the panels (except the first few Thor panels). A good MONTHLY issue, but not a great QUARTERLY issue, because it's still mostly set-up without a lot of resolution, and needs the next issue to "hang together" as a STORY. It feels more like a slice of story.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
:cry:

I want #12 already. I want it now!

I argree with E.Vi.L.. I want issue 12 now and issue 13 to come out shortly after that, I hate this waiting. It looks like the next one and three quarters of the next two issues. Will be a full-blown battle royal.

the watcher said:
I argree with E.Vi.L.. I want issue 12 now and issue 13 to come out shortly after that, I hate this waiting. It looks like the next one and three quarters of the next two issues. Will be a full-blown battle royal.

According to Millar, Issue 13 is an "aftermath" issue. So, expect the Liberators to exit stage left next issue.

I have to agree with Ryho. The comic is brilliant. . .but it heavily loses steam from it being so late. The whole damn comic has been just build-up since issue 5, and that was what? Last May? It's ridiculous.

Gadzookie said:
when is 12 scheduled to come out ?

August 2nd, but I'm guessing mid Spetember will be the actual ship date with November for Ultimates 2 13, and finally starting Ultimates 3 in December or January.

Latest posts

Back