Ultimates 2 #11 <spoilers>

Ice said:
Specially since everything else takes months before the current issues of Ultimates 2.

Yeah...that too. I leave the timeline continuity stuff to DIB. :wink:

Last edited:
This felt underwhelming. It was good and all, but was I expecting more after the long wait? Hell yes.

I hope Thor and the Gods of Asgard purify America.

I want to see Odin... But not until Thor turns the Thunder against his soviet knock-off...

Also, Thor vs. Loki better happen.

Loki will use his powers and Odin will lock him back up...

being a mail order chappie in lowly old UK, I feel it will be about November when my issue 11 turns up, so many thanks to all here for fillling me in.

And Thor vs. Perun, hopefully in a "thats not lightning, this is lightning" stylee is the fervent hope here, prior to a brief explanation regarding the belt of strength/harness/Mjolnir issues, then on to the denoument with Loki.

and maybe a winged hat :wink: :D

DIrishB said:
Well, we know he can jump huge distances...how long do you think it would take him to leap 5000 miles? ;)

I don't know, but I think they would have noticed Hulk dropping in out of the middle of nowhere.

Also - I find it hard to believe that Hulk's return wasn't planned for in advance by Loki. Nick Fury knew he wasn't dead by that point.

Hibiki said:
I'm pretty sure the other UU heroes will have some say sooner or later.

You're just "pretty sure"?

Are you one of the three comics fan in the world who hasn't seen the cover of Ultimates #12?

Last edited:
5/5.

i've never seen hawkeye as badass as he is in the ultimates...art was great (esxpecially the hulk pages) i want 12 SO badly now.

i'm still having trouble dealing with how the liberators managed to capture the x-men and F4 (i'm glad they did it off panel though)...i guess they really aren't the stars of this universe...definitely gonna be a great comeback victory though!

Last edited:
DanMo said:
i'm still having trouble dealing with how the liberators managed to capture the x-men and F4 (i'm glad they did it off panel though)...i guess they really aren't the stars of this universe...definitely gonna be a great comeback victory though!

They said they destroyed the Baxter building with the FF in them and basically send an army to round up the X-men.

They only think they have neutralized these superheroes. It's not so much that the Ultimates are the stars of the universe (though if it is your favorite title, they are), it's that the liberators are obssessed with the Ultimates and dismiss the other supers as lesser threats. Which we of course know will be in part their downfall considering the cover of next issue.

When I read in #10 how that they thought they had the FF and X-Men neutralized, I thought it was Millar making a meta-joke with us.

Seriously, who thinks that toppling a building on top of the FF is enough to neutralize them? Anyone? That's right. We the reader know better. Only the liberators are arrogant and stupid enough to believe it and Millar invited us with that comment to have a bit of fun at the expense of the villains. Each of the the FF could individually survive a building crashing down on them without accounting for gadgets, team work or various plot device. Ben is tough, Sue has force fields, Reed can flatten and then "ooze" outo of any ruined building and Johnny flying is fast enough to blast and fly his way out before the building crumble. Similarly, it takes more than an army of goons to neutralize the X-men. It would take the liberators personal attention and even then it's a reasonably fair fight as Ultimate War showed. And since we know these heroes make cameo in 12, it was indeed a case of the villains being their over-confident selves and not an illogic plot twist from the author.

Last edited:
read it:
I'm writing in a kind of trance such was the impact (even after reading the spoilers..)first the "close-up" of crimson dynanos face (he "walks" with a bullet in the head!) then the abominationwith with: "everybody back! This is going to hurt" then the comeback of banner. my chin is still down on the floor.
I think we really need an liberators mini just for orgin stories on the these guys

Last edited:
Ice said:
At the moment, you won't have to wait that long.

I have some hopes for a shipping date in August, just because they pushed the date for #12's release back the same time they updated the shipping for #11. Plus MM said that Hitch had gone ahead and started 12 while he was waiting to finish #11. So.... maybe.

Rhyo said:
I have some hopes for a shipping date in August, just because they pushed the date for #12's release back the same time they updated the shipping for #11. Plus MM said that Hitch had gone ahead and started 12 while he was waiting to finish #11. So.... maybe.

It'd be the first in a long time were that to happen.

ULTIMATES 2 IN GENERAL: As I see it, there are two types of good comic books: Those that successfully break new ground, and those that successfully modernize and re-deliver classic comic book themes. Ultimates 2 is the best example of the second sort of comic currently running. (I'd say "ever," but it is hard to judge the past without having lived in it.)

ISSUE 11
BAD: Some of the hulk scene (those weren't ultrons, btw, those were the crimson dynamo's minions) was a bit confused, and the whole thing smacked slightly (just slightly) of "look, it's so-and-so! Here to make his/her mandatory contribution!" It is tough wrapping up such a massive plot in such a tight space, and we haven't seen a whole lot of triggers pulled yet. Like any good right-before-the-finale, though, this is the toughest issue to judge without that all-important #12. Only with hindsight do we know if this was "the beginning of the end" or "the perfect set up."
I have faith in these guys, though — so I'm betting on "perfect set up."

GOOD: Where do I start? (Well, first with the mention above of an issue #13. I thought they were going to have to finish this off in ONE issue, and that seemed damn near impossible) This was another great issue of what has been a really, really great series. The Hawkeye scene, Cap kicking the crap out of every single copy of the schizoid man (I really thought they would have to do something creative to defeat him) — good stuff!

...Chomping at the Bit for issue 12...
Without a doubt, these guys lead the field — and the best thing about it is they know when to pull the plug on a project. Does anybody know if Millar/Hitch plan to team up on anything else in the future?

Latest posts

Back