Ultimates 2 #5 HIT ME! ( SPOILERS)

He took the theory of the Chitauri (David Icke amongst others) and called 'em Skrulls.

They were Ultimate Skrulls. Accept it. Skrulls is what they were. Hitllar said his plans for Ultimates were: Hulk, Skrulls, Loki, and Ultron. Three down so far. He's just making these characters far less "I've got my whammo-ray pointed at Earth, mortal!" and more "I don't need you to know I exist in order to rule you" which is why they are far more esoteric than their predecessors.

After all, a shape-shifting enemy won't go around drawing attention to themselves if they want to rule a world without any hint of rebellion coming they're way. Skrulls look human and not green chin guys. Loki calls himself Gunnar and looks normal, and not a 7' yellow and green god with enormous horns on his head.

It's great.

But they were Skrulls.

So Ultron isn't going to build a million clones of himself and try to take over Europe? (or some stupid crap like that)

Bass said:
Oh... okay. But only because you went :please:.

Hmmmmm......interesting.

KILL YOURSELF!.....Pwetty Pwetty Pwease? :please:

Ah, this was all a test. See, I give you power and you use it unwisely. Had you asked for Ultimate Doctor Demonicus, mayhaps your wish would've been granted. But you have asked for me to kill myself, being the immortal legend Gilgamesh, I'm afraid I cannot comply, my dear Moonie McMoon.

Poor, poor Moonie McMoon.

On another note, has anyone found Hellstrom in #5 yet? Or did that not happen?

Bass said:
Poor, poor Moonie McMoon.

It's decided: that's my new nickname. You seem to have a knack for this kind of thing, Bass, with all your McMooning and Hitllaring.

On another note, has anyone found Hellstrom in #5 yet? Or did that not happen?

Don't you understand? Hellstrom and Loki and Gunnar are one in the same! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

DHUN-DHUN-DHUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!

More Thor/Christ parralels:
Everyone knows this issue is called "The Passion" cuz its pretty much Thor's crucifixtion, and I just found 2 interesting lines...

Page 4, Panel 2:
Dr. ? (forgot his name): "Captain America and Hawkeye are going to get crucified out there, general."

And...

Page 15, Panel 2:
Thor: "I came here to save the world and all you've done is try to crucify me."

The Captain said:
:scared: :scared: :scared: I didnt really type that, Nurhachi came over to visit and errrrr... he typed that part about the girls, not me!!

:evil: sure, blame it on the white guy

PS I think Pyms the traiter. Awesome issue. Quicksilvers the man.

Bass said:
He took the theory of the Chitauri (David Icke amongst others) and called 'em Skrulls.

They were Ultimate Skrulls. Accept it. Skrulls is what they were. Hitllar said his plans for Ultimates were: Hulk, Skrulls, Loki, and Ultron. Three down so far. He's just making these characters far less "I've got my whammo-ray pointed at Earth, mortal!" and more "I don't need you to know I exist in order to rule you" which is why they are far more esoteric than their predecessors.

After all, a shape-shifting enemy won't go around drawing attention to themselves if they want to rule a world without any hint of rebellion coming they're way. Skrulls look human and not green chin guys. Loki calls himself Gunnar and looks normal, and not a 7' yellow and green god with enormous horns on his head.

It's great.

But they were Skrulls.

It was great, and probably one of the best Ultimizations yet.

Ok, the middle east thing has nothing to do with six, Millar has already explained what six is about.

Superheroes in a diner complaining how they aren't getting any recognition.

Middle East has nothing to do with nothing. It simply shows Thor was right.

And the name of the comic was Passion Play, not Passion, look at the front cover.

/rant

But the inside cover called it "The Passion" and not "The Passion Play". If you look, some of the time, the cover's name and the interior name don't always match (sometimes, we don't even get a name on the cover).

I have a feeling there was some editorial jiggery pokery regarding the name on the cover. Staying on the side of safe for legal reasons perhaps, or to not draw the parallels to jesus too strong for fear of alienating some of the audience. But I feel that the real name of the issue is "The Passion".

If you guys are looking for when the biggest seperation of Thor and Jesus, look no further than when he finally flipped and said "How dare you lay your hands on me" He was just about to do something very drastic that J.C. never would do until Quicksilver stopped him.

That's why JC's a big ol' ***** hippy, and Thor's the man. :wink:

Let's be honest. If #5 had been Thor going, "yes my sons" in sandals, and giving up without a fight. We'd all be complaining about a lack of action.

That said, I did think, before I cracked open #5 that Thor might not fight back, in a kind of Ghandi non-violent protest kind of way, and the picture of him running from the flames, made me think I may be right, but #5 was totally killer.

Plus, it's strange that Thor uses a hammer as a weapon. Generally, the hammer is used as a crafts tool, not a weapon. A sledge is, but a sledge is generally 6' tall. While there are such things as "warhammers", generally, a hammer is the symbol of the forger and craftsman, not the warrior.

:muse:

TheManWithoutFear said:
No JC is a divine being...

Well, not every religion on the planet agrees with that.

In any case, it's irrelevant because I was reffering to John Connors, from the Terminator films.

*cough*

TheManWithoutFear said:
No JC is a divine being... Thor is a hippie because he's more human and that's apparent through his outburst at the end of the fight.
Look, if Jesus Christ were to reveal Himself today -- mid-April 2005, as a fully-grown human being -- most Christians would probably dismiss Him as a fraud, rationality and empiricism being what it is.

The Vatican -- currently without a leader or recognizable figurehead -- would probably debate the matter throroughly, before releasing any official ruling about this alleged 'Second Coming'.

He *would* probably attract a sizable following of True Believers who innately have faith in His divinity and his basic message of Love and Peace. He would probably urge cancellation of Third World debt, and hang out with Bono.

But chances are, the US Government would view His growing influence as a threat to the stability of democratic nations (read: US interests) everywhere.

Sound familiar to you? :wink:

Latest posts

Back