Ultimates 2 #5 HIT ME! ( SPOILERS)

Okay, I´m not sure if this idea has been brought up before. I haven´t read all of the posts in this thread yet. (you´re gone for a day, and suddenly this thread is a whooping 16 pages long... whoa!). Anyway, If i should happen to steal anyones thought here, recieve my most sincere apologies.

Here´s my thought on Thor: Is it possible that he, indeed, IS a god (or something similar), but that he is incarnated in a human body, like Jesus was. It took several years for Jesus to "realize" his godhood, and if I recall correctly, Thor claimed to have had a similiar revelation after his first nervous breakdown some time before Ultimates 1.

But Jesus was also a true human, in that he was incarnated in a human body. He was also capable of feeling doubts about his own mission, and his abilities to fulfill it. Jesus was also tempted several times by Satan.

If we apply these ideas on Thor, it is indeed possible that he actually himself is doubting that he really is who he say he is. Like Loki says: maybe this IS all in your head. One of the worst doubts Thor has to overcome is his own. And right now, he´s probably at the bottom, imprisoned and derived of his hammer and belt. Everyone around him, even people he considered his friends, believe he´s mad. Jesus is said to have battled demons and dark angels during his three days in the valley of death. Thor´s demons are the one in his head.

But if/when he is victorious - he will probably learn that he, as a god, really isn´t dependant of his belt to wield his powers. After Jesus resurrection, he apeared more divine than before. Possibly this will aply to Thor as well. Another parallell is Gandalf the wizard in Lord of the Rings, who after his death returns more powerful than before.

On another note, just what is it that Thor is sent here to save us from?

Bass said:
Thor was sent to save us from ourselves.

That would ruffle too many feathers... I think it's too close to Christian lore than it needs to be and I don't think having it be a Norwegian god among many other Norwegian gods makes much sense, if you catch what I'm saying. I just hope that it stops at the whole Norwegian super soldier deal.

Loki said:
Yes, damn insane delusional hippie. :D

It's him! This proves that Loki is real! (and, oddly enough, a UC member)

Goodwill said:
That would ruffle too many feathers... I think it's too close to Christian lore than it needs to be and I don't think having it be a Norwegian god among many other Norwegian gods makes much sense, if you catch what I'm saying. I just hope that it stops at the whole Norwegian super soldier deal.

I'd like to go way past Supersoldiers... I believe he's a god. But I agree about saving ourselves being too close to Christian Lore. This is a comic not the bible. And the fact that it is a bible I want to see Thor here to save us from something horrific that will end all of mankind.... to be taken care of in his mini of course. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back