Ultimates 2 #7 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 21 43.8%

Votes: 23 47.9%

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
What was up with the Giant-Men attacking New York?

Please, can someone give me a basic summary!

If what you say is true...

Hawkeye's definately not the traitor!
:D

Whoa....

That issue was insane. Wow.

I liked seeing Jan and Hank hanging out, that was cool. I hate those giant-men, dammit! Good issue, but it seems wasp isn't the traitor as I thought she would be. Seems to be pointing to Cap, which surprises me. But who knows.

I want to hear others opinions on who it could be :)

Okay, okay, here are the basics, but I'm not giving out the little cues and clues, which are THERE, with big honking red lights flashing. I am purposely leaving out really interesting stuff, but still giving you the basic idea. There will be a test later, so take notes.

In the first 10 pages or so, we flash back 6 weeks ago and the Ultimates go to a "Middle East nuclear facility" and, shall we say, render it inoperable. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch play big roles, as do Cap (who shows how comfortable he is with modern technology, by the way), Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye, along with a cadre of other "world" supersoldiers (the Giant Men, Captains Britain, Italy and Spain).

Cut to the Triskelion, today - there is a noisy protest outside, demanding Thor's release. Inside Tony Stark and Thor are talking, Thor in his cell (hey, he has HAIR again!) They discuss what has been going on with the Ultimates, and Tony seems to be looking for something approaching forgiveness from Thor, though he doesn't come right out and ask for it. Thor is pretty implacable (for a guy on the wrong side of the glass) that the Ultimates have 'done wrong' and will be going down. Thor's last comment is that there is a wolf in the fold, and that the other side is about to "retaliate."

Segue off to a charming little outside cafe where Jan and Hank are sitting together and Jan is *seriously* whining about Cap to Hank (which? strikes me as beyond tacky, but there you go). Hank is trying to be friendly and open. Hank makes some comments that make your little ears perk up and say: "Did he just imply what I think he did?" Jan drops some convenient plot hints and Hank returns the favor. The last shot shows that they are being watched by a mysterious person(s).

The last scenes in the book? Gah. Not going there. We'll talk about those later.

Last edited:
It's terrible about what happened to Hawkeye though. :cry:

marvelman said:
I HATE MARK MILLAR!!!

I said this on MW, but, to repeat:

Here's why I think Hawkeye is not dead:
1. There is no way he could have survived those initial bullet wounds, much less what looks like two direct shots to the head. This is a Millar comic. Hence, he is still living.
2. Hawkeye's wife (Laura, she got a name just AFTER she died), goes to answer the door because she thinks it's Wanda, returning for her purse. It would be an incredibly amusing twist on 616 continuity if Wanda arrives just in the nick of time to SAVE Hawkeye's life in the Ultimates.
3. It definitely leads into the name "Avengers" if Hawkeye survives to hunt them down.

Sigh. Lemme know when we are ready to discuss clues and hints...

Thank you all. I knew the traitor wasn't showed, but then again I just wanted the basics. I want this ! :D

The issue was a little less exciting than I had hoped, but we did get some payoffs.

1. We finally got to see Wanda use her powers.
2. The conversation between Tony and Thor was very well done. But can we be sure that when he refers to the other side, he's talking about the traitor?....
3. Hank and Jan back together. Kinda inevitable. How long could Janet be with a guy like Steve? Didn't it say in the solit for #8 that Jan and Steve would hit "a serious snag in their relationship"? This sounds like a pretty serious snag...
4. Despite not knowing a thing about Hawkeye's family, didn't you just feel sad when they killed the son? And what about his other kid? I'd assume that they killed him (her? I can't remember) too, but ya never know.

About the traitor, I know what everyone's gonna say, but I still don't think that Cap would kill an innocent child. I'm totally convinced that Millar is trying to mislead (we know he's done it before COUGH!uffCOUGH!) With the talk about the "America they used to know", the "soldier" comment, and the #8 cover that seems very clearly to be Cap this is all getting a little too obvious. Do you really think that Hitllar would make it this easy? They're clever bastards, and I have a feeling that they're playing us like a damn fiddle. FIDDLE!
5. And lastly, may I direct your eyes to Page 11. Does anyone else think that middle eastern boy looked a little familiar? I think we might have to make an addition to the Loki Manifesto:

ultimates4page.jpg

9064708b.jpg

It could just be a coincidence, but you've gotta admit they're's a resemblance.

Johnny Bravo said:
Refer to my above post.I would ruin it,but you'd hate me for it.I strongly encourage people not to be "spoiled",cuz the issue would really be ruined beyond regular spoilers in this case.So,in a word,no :wink:

now you see how i felt when this was behavior was going on in the USM 79 thread....

moonmaster said:
ultimates4page.jpg

9064708b.jpg

It could just be a coincidence, but you've gotta admit they're's a resemblance.

You are too good man. I got tears in my eyes when I head the thing about Hawkeye. Damn...

well, I just don't know what to think now. I was convinced that Cap was the traitor, but as someone else mentioned, I don't see Cap killing bystanders.

three questions come to mind: (1) why target Hawkeye? of the remaining members, he is the one with the least power?

(2) what is the next country that will suffer a pre-emptive strike?

(3) what are the other countries doing to counter the Ultimates?

What an issue. I was like "Holy ****!!!!" at the end. I just couldnt believe what had happened! I mean, why go so far as to kill the family, speacially the kids!!!! Oh man, I wish tomorrow was sept!!!!

The Overlord said:
Perhaps this other faction Thor is speaking of is Hydra.
That's what I was thinking.

Poor poor Hawkeye.

Even though Cap seems way to obvious, I still think it's him. I hope it's him....

Wow.

Wow.

This being the first Ultimate comic issue to be slapped with a PARENTAL ADVISORY, it certainly lived up to its rating! :eek:

This issue was amazing, considering the fact that I thought #6 was The Worst "Ultimates" issue ever. (Sorry, I just do.)

I loved the scene with Tony and Thor, cuz I was previously still a little confused about the whole middle-east storyline, and this scene cleared it all up for me.

That ending........ Hoo-boy.

Wow.

That's all I can muster up at this exact moment, because I'm sick to my stomach.

Millar is the greatest human being ever.

UltimateE said:
Wow.

That's all I can muster up at this exact moment, because I'm sick to my stomach.

Now, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.

UltimateE said:
Wow.

This? An exageration? Nope. DEAD ON truth. PREACH ON, MY BRUTHA!

Latest posts

Back