How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 21 43.8%

Votes: 23 47.9%

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
OK, some thoughts -

First - great catch with the kid who looks like Loki. That whole scene definitely meant something. He and Cap didn't exchange glances for no reason.

I agree that Hawkeye isn't necessarily dead...and also that it would be very cool in an ironic kind of way if Wanda saves him.

I couldn't wait the hour ride home to read the issue so I read it in my car outside the LCS - I had a knot in my stomach the whole ride home. As I said in the preview thread, the look on Laura's face when she answers the door is gut-wrenching. Add that to seeing his kid shot in the back in his arms, and this becomes one of the most disturbing books I've read in a while.

However, that leads me to my speculation for this issue...what if, for whatever reason, Laura and the kids aren't as innocent as we are lead to believe? Geez, what if they aren't even human and SHIELD knows this, but not Hawkeye? Just throwing a few thoughts out there...

Solid A for Hitllar - can't wait for #8.....

Aye, the Loki-kid is there for a reason. That reason being is that once Loki-kid and Cap got eye contact, Loki removed his control from Loki-kid, and transferred it over to Cap. Thus, Loki-Cap goes to Hawkeye's house, kills his family as an attempt to get rid of two of the Ultimates. Cap is seen as the traitor and is imprisoned by SHIELD.

Everyone in this book who says something suspicious is being controlled by Loki.

ProjectX2 said:
Aye, the Loki-kid is there for a reason. That reason being is that once Loki-kid and Cap got eye contact, Loki removed his control from Loki-kid, and transferred it over to Cap. Thus, Loki-Cap goes to Hawkeye's house, kills his family as an attempt to get rid of two of the Ultimates. Cap is seen as the traitor and is imprisoned by SHIELD.

Everyone in this book who says something suspicious is being controlled by Loki.
I actually like that. Good thinking!

And like I told Rhyo before, that's some good thinking there, too. :D

ProjectX2 said:

I don't think Loki's controlling people, but I definitely think he's influencing events to his own ends. It just strikes me though that controlling people in the direct sense has never been Loki's shtick (going by 616 appearances). He's more one to manipulate and cajole. Still, I think that kid was Loki and he was there meeting with, or possibly checking in on Cap (his maybe ally). I DON'T think Cap would be made even indirectly responsible for those murders, it just wouldn't work I think. Oh well, thats just my thoughts.

The only reason I thought it might be Captain America is that I thought that he might be betraying the Ultimates, because this is not the U.S. that he swore allegiance to. Who ever murdered Hawkeye's family is totally amoral. That says to me that it can't be Captain America. I thought the whole thing with the boy had more to do with Cap.'s ever slipping moral fiber than to do with Loki. It will definitely think that it will be hard to explain hawkeye surviving although on the other hand it would be pretty shocking to kill off hawkeye. Personally I still think it's wasp.

The traitor doesn't just do it for fun, or 'cuz you don't believe in the country's interests anymore. No, Loki has promised the traitor power or something. You don't kill a kid for fun you know. If it is Nick, he might have been promised his eye back or something. Cap might get Gail back. Who knows ?

Another thing to consider with it being Cap is the Super Soldier Serum itself.

1.) It's been noted and even supported by Millar on millarworld that Cap is indeed getting weaker.

2.) Many of the other failed Super Soldier projects in the Ultimate Universe have been a straight shot to the nut ward. Perhaps with the serum working it's way out of Cap is causing him to go insane.

3.) Loki was there observing I think.

4.) Cap in body armor and his muscled body could surely weigh 350 lbs.

Regardless, I don't think it's Cap. I think Betty Ross has a lot to do with it. She could be the master mind behind the insurgency. Ultimate Crimson Cowl? lol. Wasn't Loki the Crimson Cowl in 616 at one point, too? Ultimate Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts? Bite your tongue Leather. lol.

Here I am. Still saying Betty is the traitor and, as per my last posting, there is a cabal of people involved with her in betraying the Ultimates.

I just had an epiphany.

Guards stationed at Clint's house? The frail and efeminate gloved hand?

Betty Ross is looking more like the traitor - and Clint's house guards were her muscle on the hit!

moonmaster said:
ultimates4page.jpg

9064708b.jpg

It could just be a coincidence, but you've gotta admit they're's a resemblance.

Yes, I noticed the coincidence in appearance too. I doubt they're connected though, but maybe.

And the kid looks a little bit like me when I was probably your age.

Though, I never wore those sort of clothes.

Okay, onto my amazing thoughts, which are better than all of yours.

Firstly, Hawkeye isn't dead. Neither is his family. It was all an elaborate birthday party, and there will be cake in the next issue. The traitor is just spoiling the surprise, and that is how they are betraying the Ultimates. By spoiling the cake surprise.

Bass said:
Okay, onto my amazing thoughts, which are better than all of yours.

Firstly, Hawkeye isn't dead. Neither is his family. It was all an elaborate birthday party, and there will be cake in the next issue. The traitor is just spoiling the surprise, and that is how they are betraying the Ultimates. By spoiling the cake surprise.

How could have we not thought of that?!

Shame on us.... :(

:lol:

Bass said:

I'm beginning to think you were lying when you said you read it weeks ago.

Bass said:

that traitor is a rat bastard...spoiling a birthday suprise like that...i'll kill em...i've killed for less

UltimateE said:
I'm beginning to think you were lying when you said you read it weeks ago.

You're telling me. Where was Mary Jane? And Crystal? And the Hobgoblin? I think I was lying to myself.

I feel that hands down the traitor is Natasha. I can't shake the idea. She is the only character besides Fury to wield a handgun, she is black-ops enough to rally such an attack, she had reason to kill Hawkeye (considering they were black-ops together, joined together, and he could possibly have information that would bring her intentions to light), AND she's badass enough to do what was done. If she is the traitor, she's done well. She has full intel on American Super-Soldiers, weaponry, war tactics, she has successfully comandeered Stark technology (via the suit she now wears), AND she's security cleared to do whatever she damn well pleases. Could she be doing this for Russia? Wouldn't it be a delicious twist of fate if Natasha is not the real Black Widow at all? Maybe she's disposed of and replaced another girl (could've been a cute blonde named "Yelena") and is a double-agent in her place? JUST MY THEORY!

This issue has left me twisting in the wind and I have been doing so since #5, I can't wait to see how this all goes.

The pay off better be good! This is agony! (well done Hitllar)

The traitor talks alot like our good friend widow. She would kill a child and has the connections to get those guys. The hands looks like hers. I donno now really.

Latest posts

Back