Ultimates 4 News? (Spoilers)

Should we change the title of this thread to Ultimate Avengers News? I know there was an actual Ultimates 4 comic originally planned with Loeb and Ed McGuiness, but that's obviously been canceled.
Really?

I missed the announcement of the cacellation. :?

Besides, it'd be pointless to turn this into UA talk thread when we already have one.

Last edited:
Should we change the title of this thread to Ultimate Avengers News? I know there was an actual Ultimates 4 comic originally planned with Loeb and Ed McGuiness, but that's obviously been canceled.

Another great example of Marvel making dumb announcements way too far in advance. Stupid.

Last I heard (and this was after the announcement of Ultimate Avengers) Ultimates 4 is still coming out.

well if Cho is pencilling then at least we know every issue will be delayed coming out

hey look at that...i'm a side kick now!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it appears that Ultimates 4 will be called New Ultimates. Frank Cho posted some early pencils. Looks like more Asgardian trolls. Apparently the first issue will have two different covers. One double-sized hero and one double-sized bad-people cover.

People I see:
Thor (holding hammers)
Iron Man
Valkyrie (holding sword)
[Possibly] Hawkeye (guy with guns)
[Possibly] Cap (guy holding circle)

Based on the orientation of the figures, there appear to be three more heroes. Any Ideas?

http://apesandbabes.com/
Scroll down a little, look for 1/4/09 post.

so it appears that ultimates 4 will be called new ultimates. Frank cho posted some early pencils. Looks like more asgardian trolls. Apparently the first issue will have two different covers. One double-sized hero and one double-sized bad-people cover.

People i see:
Thor (holding hammers)
iron man
valkyrie (holding sword)
[possibly] hawkeye (guy with guns)
[possibly] cap (guy holding circle)

based on the orientation of the figures, there appear to be three more heroes. Any ideas?

scroll down a little, look for 1/4/09 post.
w.

T.

F.

Iron man is over there too.

And what the hell is with the dotting of the sketched boobies? So he doesn't forget they are boobies?

Last edited:
So it appears that Ultimates 4 will be called New Ultimates. Frank Cho posted some early pencils. Looks like more Asgardian trolls. Apparently the first issue will have two different covers. One double-sized hero and one double-sized bad-people cover.

People I see:
Thor (holding hammers)
Iron Man
Valkyrie (holding sword)
[Possibly] Hawkeye (guy with guns)
[Possibly] Cap (guy holding circle)

Based on the orientation of the figures, there appear to be three more heroes. Any Ideas?

Scroll down a little, look for 1/4/09 post.

I don't know about anyother heroes, but I saw what looked to be Loki.

And what the hell is with the dotting of the sketched boobies? So he doesn't forget they are boobies?

Maybe after Ultimatum the books become sluttier and people decide that clothing is optional...

Iron man is over there too.

And what the hell is with the dotting of the sketched boobies? So he doesn't forge they are boobies?

It's not an uncommon technique for an artist to draw people naked then add clothes on top.

Plus, Frank Cho is a warm-blooded man.

I have made a point of buying everything Ultimate that has come out (except Ultimate Adventures) but I promise you I will not buy this!

If it comes out and everyone starts talking about how good it is, I probably still won't buy it.

I'm going to stick with USM, Ultimate Avengers, and i'll consider any other titles based on who's writing it. I'm done wasting my money on this.

Hmm, looks like Enchantress is involved.

Shame. I liked her.

So this going to involve Asgard in some way. Maybe the ramifications of Asgardian involvement in Ultimatum?

(Why am I so curious?)

Some early stage sketches from Frank Cho, posted on MW:

new-ult-01-pencil-2.jpg

new-ult-01-pencil-s.jpg

Why does Jeph Loeb have to write this? :(

Latest posts

Back